Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
See Dimwitted but Mighty kind of sounds fun to play, just like some of the races occasionally sound interesting. But then everything devolves into FIIIIIIIEEEEEEEELLLLDS!! :doom:tm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Speaking of World's Largest Dungeon, Piell had tried running it awhile back. But the group did not get very far. At the time I was disappointed that I didn't get into the game, and now I myself have a recruitment up in The Game for it.

The Dungeon really does seem to be actively designed to screw with people, but with frequent replacements of dead characters it might be fun, in a way.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Man a big Bear style guy that is giant, good at brawling and strong. No idea if they could grab all of Giant, Natural Brawler and Strength Training.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Man what. I am not sure if I ever saw Red Dwarf, I feel like I saw something a long time ago that was like a miniseries or something. But those are some interesting race options.

Don't know the cast so how about building DIY mech reprogramming Simulant.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Bitchtits McGee posted:

I feel like I'm forgetting something, but then again, I always feel like that. It's usually the case, too. Anyhow! Next time: kingdom creation! For those interested in reader participation, roll up about fifteen d6s and we'll see what sort of place we get! I can't wait!

Die roll for Make a kingdom (15d6=55)

15d6 → [5,4,4,2,6,5,3,2,4,6,2,4,4,1,3] = (55)

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
I must ask how a sun elemental works, that sounds interesting. But uh not exactly vampire friendly.

Maybe someone who was brought up as a cook for an ogre, growing into one of the man eating creatures itself, then fights his past by becoming this big ol' vegan cook?

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
I am afraid I was too slow on the Meikyuu character creation but if not

1, 2, 6, 1, 5, 1, 1, 1, 4, 2, 1, 2, 4, 4, 3, 3, 3, 5, 4, 1, 4, 5, 1, 1, 2

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Man Staff, and thus Charisma, seems really important for a lot of characters. Definitely for Royalty but I can see trying to put a 2 into Charisma for the Knight as well.

For Staff I am a little confused on how it is actually calculated. [(Charisma) * 5 + current Level] Is that Charisma times 5 then add the current Level to the total. Or is it 5 plus current Level then multiply that total by Charisma?

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
True that we only start with one of the skills, which makes me real curious about the available Jobs. Still a lot of skills seemed focused on Staff. I could see a Knight with Force of Arms wanting to be rather Charismatic for the high Staff. Out of curiosity do the stats improve at any point? Other than from things like Hegemony.

And a broken off piece of a star sounds like an awesome portable light source.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Really looking forward to future installments. Also really wishing someone would run this in PbP. Though there I would be more likely to choose Knight.

Right now I am really curious about these Jobs, and eventually Advanced Jobs.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Beorning are awesome, I played the game in a PbP briefly some time back and I remember really enjoying the character creation. My Beorning seemed to get more perceptive or something when in the dark. I think I added one of my stats to the roll of Awareness, Insight or Search checks in the dark.

Been awhile so I am not exactly sure. I think my Beorning had a Giant Slaying Spear as well. Kind of want to play The One Ring again.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Yeah Avalanche Eclair actually sounded interesting, would be useful for a Butler or something. But I think it is actually Avalanche ishibashi o tataite wataru. Which doesn't have the same snap as Avalanche Eclair.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
I always did want to play a Holy Terror. A group of an Apok and Holy Terror, and a few others perhaps using a Battle Saint, would make a nice party to steam roll some of the enemies in Wormwood.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Most systems seem like Mirror Matches would be a bad idea. I am looking forward to the write ups on Legend, I always wanted to play it but never got the chance. Really wanted to build a giant character that has a city on its back or something.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
I cannot think of the Power Ranger, I know there is a Kamen Rider track. And yeah it requires like level 10 and the Legendary rules to be big enough to actually house a city on one's back.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
What usual effect? Remember KDM now determines your hit points, not CON unless your CON is your KDM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
DX sounds really interesting and I am looking forward to more. Some of the stuff that gets done up in here really sounds interesting and makes me wish more people would run PbPs of these obscure games.

• Locked thread