Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
That Nile cover is straight up a Jojo's Bizarre Adventure RPG book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
They scored with Ghostbusters and kept trying to get water from a well that was never that wet to begin with.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
I just really wish they fleshed out Ghostbusters in general. Now there was a good game.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Yeah, Fish Fridays have been a Catholic thing for a long, long time. It may not have been double plus official stamped by a Pope until 1966, but that doesn't make it nonexistent before then. We even have Papal dispensation that calls beaver a fish for the relief of missionaries working with First Nation groups in the 16-1700s.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Midjack posted:

Where's the bonus for illustrating someone being transformed and subsequently eaten?

4 or 5 funbux, it says it right there.

You'd obviously be drawing a Witch Girl Adventure character doing Witch Girl Adventures!

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
loving Josephine Baker? Seriously? I don't know if I'm more angry about that or the woman literally named Witch but in a different language.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
It's just that slight hint of needless exoticism in naming someone Bruja that evens it out for me. I wonder if they looked it up or just played Arkham Asylum.

(I may or may not only be familiar with the term thanks to Alan Moore and Jay Hawkins but dammit I didn't write a fetish RPG)

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Dammit Syrg you're going to run this poo poo aren't you.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
You don't have to do it, man. You can just let it lie. You don't have to do every terrible internet thing.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Look, somebody's getting a life lesson out of this whether we like it or not.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
The life lesson is not buying terrible things for pennies on the dollar. Syrg is busting out of this a changed person.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
I'm pretty sure that Dwitch is actually half Oompa Loompa.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Wormwood: You can play an Autobot if you really want to.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
You crawl into dungeons....to solve dungeon problems. Help the goblins get that pesky rust monster under control, unravel the love septangle in the Myconid outpost, just hang out with the kobolds. GSS as hell.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Gimme a day or two to go over the rules and see how well I could do it PbP.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Yet another thing TORG does better than Rifts. "Why wouldn't God want you to have Wi-Fi?"

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Dude, Dr. Strange alone could add "Your significant other is seduced by Ben Frankin!" to your table.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
It was more Marvel never pasted their wacky poo poo on the cover.

Remember the time where the Punisher turned black? Or Nightcrawler got caught in the middle of a leprechaun gang war? Werewolf Cap?

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Yeah that one totally is. I'm just listing wacky Marvel crap.

Also, X-Statix alone contains all the oddness Marvel needs to stand up to Silver Age DC.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
I don't know what's better, the legitimately excellent Luchadore class (What if Luchadore Kayfabe....WAS REAL) or the fact that the PsiWatch classes are still ripoffs of Wildstorm characters.

Of course El Hijo Del Santo can punch ghosts, just like dad!

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
That would be a great skill if you replaced the Skill Check (Skeeve) with an Attack Roll.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
The only time that really happened was the lovely first review of Ars Magica that skipped over the entire segment on the history of Ars Magica :psyduck:

Purple XVI was just used to making GBS threads on bad games I guess.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Yeah, saying semiotics is just the study of what @ and Q are is seriously, painfully, almost offensively reductive. In a world of actual factual magic having signifier and signified being important is an actual interesting twist.

I mean, it's sort of like saying psychotherapy is the study of curing poobrain. Yeah sure, reductio ad absurdum.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Barrymore through the DC Comics House Art Filter, jesus.

Mr. Maltose fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Oct 8, 2013

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Or ask in the Gen Chat thread. He was making some noises about Fatal and Friends in there.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Shoah is so good it makes the rest of the oWoD look even shittier because that's the sort of quality and respect their 'taboo' poo poo should have contained.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
To be fair, looking at 7th Sea and deciding d20 Modern is a better choice points to a healthy disregard for things like balance.

EDIT: pretty sure Mors did mention it on the last thread. poo poo was dire even for the era of square hole 20 sided peg design.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
And there's fairies. Who thinks fairies are real? Stupid John Wick!

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
As hilarious as it is or is not, keep the drat psyduck in your own reviews. C'mon son.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
I don't really see how unless you have someone at the table that doesn't buy into it.

The idea if a game of doomed jerk wads with a stratified culture of back biting and deception being a game where antagonism and cooperation exist in the same mechanics might actually be, dare I say it? Sensical.

I know, Wick Delanda Est, but it might just be that he's not a literal drooling incompetent. Just maybe.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
The problem I'm seeing here can be solved simply by going into the game with everyone on the same page, acting like adults playing a game. I know for our hobby that can be difficult, but you can't blame Wick for that.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
No system really survives players being manchildren, though. A shitlord will ruin any game.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
If you don't want to discuss it anymore, sure. I'm just saying that there's intent here beyond the Machinations of the Devil Wick.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
The ghost if Fat Man or Little Boy can take care of a hell of a lot.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
We should get a Wick thread because this is getting loving ridiculous.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Serious lack of Kev pics here.

What I'm saying is post your Palladium-est Siembieda pictures.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
When you realize that House Of The Blooded is just Wick recreating Polaris, things make more sense.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
If you want to run a game of doomed anything, run it in Polaris or the even better Moorish Spain version whose name escapes me.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Yes! Lehman even said that Thou Art But A Warrior did everything he was trying to do in Polaris more effectively than Polaris.

EDIT: http://www.indie-rpgs.com/archive/index.php?topic=23815.0 Here's Ben's play report of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

AccidentalHipster posted:

It's the closest that John Wick the Ven will ever get to humility seeing as they're a bunch of unlikable manchildren who refuse to admit to weaknesses or mistakes.

Can we please, this one last time I will ask, stop calling John Wick a bad person because he is a bad game designer. I get it. He makes bad unfun games and likes poison and is therefore scum. You can stop constantly stating that he's a huge manchild and if he was dying in the desert it'd be a favor to let him dry out.

• Locked thread