Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Who did the art for Inspectres? Kinda reminds me of Matt Digges, I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

It was briefly covered in the first thread under the name Yuuyake Koyake. Basically you play animals who turn into people to hang out & be bros.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Hey, shenanigans! The Haunted Tank was a Silver Age character!

Also, I'm guessing their version of Omnipotent Mystic is more based on guys like the Spectre or anyone invented by Fletcher Hanks.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Are you sure just one book is enough for you?

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Bedlamdan posted:

This is very important to me: are there rules for dealing with your evil goateed counterpart from another dimension?

If not, I would be very dissappointed.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I say stick with it. It's like a hex-crawly, everything exists to be fought by adventurers version of 7th Sea.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

You know, I don't think that's a title. It seems like the country is ruled by a guy named Don.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Mors Rattus posted:

Next time: Characters.

Audience participation time! I need three characters: a wizard of some variety. A non-wizard of some variety. A less important non-wizard.

Tell me who they are.

A French wizard who tears bleeding teleportation holes in reality. A Spanish knight with tons of panache. An Englishman who does useless Bard crap.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Unveiled Threats would be a great little break kinda thing. If you're going to avoid talking about the multi-page breaks of just 'this gun is cool, this gun is cool, this gun is slightly cooler' then I'm sure you can bang it out in a couple posts, but the stuff worth focusing on is totally insane.

I agree. And plus, more fodder for your Miami campaign, Ettin. Stuff's gonna 'splode.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

It's like 7th Sea all over again. Although, drat! That's a lot of different magic systems for a supplemental book.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Rulebook Heavily posted:

Mors: For a vote, I'd like to see Realms of Power: The Divine. I'm not at all up on divinity in Ars Magica aside from the basics.

I'm down with that. Mors, cleanse this thread of its unholy taint.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Pack it in, Mors. Ryuutama has the best and greatest list of magic spells.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

ThisIsNoZaku posted:

Who's actually reading my stuff? I want to know if there's anything I should change about my writeup.

Some of the big lists could be split up or pared down to just the interesting parts, but otherwise, Hey, ninja wizards!

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Well that's oddly specific.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I want to end on True Lineages, so for now let's hear about France.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Cardiovorax posted:

Meikyuu Kingdom has to be the absolutely weirdest RPG setting I've ever seen. I don't think any other premise comes close to "one day, suddenly everything was dungeons."

Rifts and TORG are pretty close, actually. MK offers an elegant simplicity, however, that makes it far easier to grasp.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

A shame, I was kinda hoping there'd be a Raymond Chandler cosm.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I think we need more wizarding. How about you do one of the Mystery Cult books. Which one? :iiam:

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Man, wizards are dicks.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I vote grogs.txt for pretty much the same reason.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I figured the joke was that there are BattleMechs explicitly named Lancelot, Tomahawk, and Pink Gundam. That last one seemed hinky, but hey, naming stuff is hard.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

drat. Shoulda been a hobbit.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Uh... Is that all they say about gay eyeballs? Did they just drop the mic after that?

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Well, that justifies a lot of my Naruto fan fiction, at least.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

The hilarious thing is that if you update the setting by a couple hundred years, hey presto, it's half of all anime! Maid RPG would be proud.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

And that's why Transhumanists love them some Neo-Buddhism.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

quote:

The Bogomils view themselves as champions of the poor against feudalism and the monopoly of wealth and learning held by the Church. They seek to subvert both royal and Church authority via passive resistance and philosophical anarchy right on up to militant action. They are evangelical, traveling far and wide to preach, heal and drive out demons. Their missionaries inspired other movements, such as the Cathars. Bogomils are not Christian but are a Divine faith, and Bogomil missionaries often have powers comparable to the Perfecti MYthic Companions, save trading Transcendence for either Intervention or Adjuration.

Who's down to play some Bogs in the Vineyard?

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Bieeardo posted:

Well, yeah. That's exactly why you'd want to use it on a non-biped synth. Scare arachnopobes even more badly! Create rumours of horrible, fleshy spider-exsurgents running around the outskirts of the settlement/habitat/ship full of stoners that you're trying to do horrible, sneaky things to. Or just do it because it's funny, and its intended effects just aren't going to work for a morph that falls outside the accepted silhouette of your average biomorph.

Are you suggesting that PCs should pull a lifelike mask off an unknown horror from beyond the stars to find out that it was really Old Man Jenkins trying to scare people away from his hidden smuggling operation in the abandoned amusement park?

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Watch it be something like Vast & Starlit or Sacred BBQ.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Count Chocula posted:

Just thought of another use for Share Taste: losing weight. You cast it on somebody eating unhealthy but tasty food and then eat whatever diet greul you need to lose weight. The shared taste masks the taste of the healthy food. You could probably use science to imitate this psychic power in Eclipse Phase too:

Tread carefully, for down this path lies the lesbian sex scene in the Ghost in the Shell manga.

Young Freud posted:

At least Shirow gave a reason for the lesbian sex: a lack of desire to draw men's butts unwanted feedback from phantom organs, so only same-sex experiences could be looped in that way.

:goonsay: It isn't exploitation, she's a strong female character!

HitTheTargets fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Jul 8, 2013

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Green Intern posted:

Inspectres: “Because it’s not just a vampiric infestation – It’s your vampiric infestation!”
Part 1

So hey, remember this? It turns out they made a movie.

Why? :iiam:

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Spoilers Below posted:

And the award for "Statements Which Are Positively Horrifying Outside of Context" goes to...

Meet my new original character do not steal: The Reverend Soup-Salad-and-Breadsticks.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Alien Rope Burn posted:

It's like Gamma World... in space! :cthulhu:

So just Gamma then?

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

You'd think instead of spacing dudes they'd go full on Fremen and recycle their water. But who cares if we lose a little water getting rid of that jerk, he stole our water.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Honestly the only thing more ridiculous might be Gundam's use of heat blades, which are literally just het' up swords and axes that somehow function on par with beam sabers.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Young Freud posted:

Actually, heat hawks and rods use a condensed, localized Minovsky field in conjunction with spent plasma from the reactor. That's why Char's heat hawk can deflect the Gundam's beam saber and thus be somewhat equal in a fight.
:goonsay:

Pssh. That's head canon to explain an animation goof. Errbody knows plasma contained in a dense Minovsky field is what beam sabers themselves are made of.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

occamsnailfile posted:

Rifts:™ Dimension Book One: Wormwood Part 2: “Souls for Lord Lesion”

Well that got a lot metaler than I expected. Will RIFTS actually let me play a motorcycle riding crusader with an Ace of Spades coat of arms?

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Oh yeah. You'd basically be making a full hack for each Cosm, then slam-jamming them all together. Just making such a game would be amazing, never mind how well it works.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I say skip it. RIFTS is at its best when instead of emulating one genre, it mashes up twelve of them. And adds guitar shredding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

And here I thought his first name was Dahk.

• Locked thread