Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
More related to the thread title than the thread itself, I did a double-take when I found out fripSide's current vocalist is a voice actress, and a good one at that.

But yes, count me in as another one who was introduced into this universe through Railgun first. What is there left for the cast to have in terms of character development, though? I mean, we've already gotten Saten's crowning moment of bat-driven awesome, some exploration done for Kuroko's backstory, and a lot of mind-screwing disaster for Mikoto to tackle. I'm either overthinking what needs to happen this season or I'm setting the bar up high for what this ride has in store for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

Emalde posted:

So if I actively enjoyed Index, am I in the wrong place? I had no idea there was a spin-off show until someone mentioned it to me a little while ago.

I just want more of the world, even if it means switching gears from Touma's insanity to something more low-key. :ohdear:

e: My point is I feel like the only one who really enjoyed Index and while I want more Index, I don't think it's going to be the case here. Is it worth the time?

In general I've gotten the impression from others that if you could stand Index, you'd like Railgun even better. Its scope is a wee bit smaller than Index, concerning Academy City itself mostly with fewer main characters and much less worldwide events/stuff, but for some reason this allowed the (JC) staff to really focus on character interaction and development, for what that's worth to you.

Pretty much Kuroko and Saten make the show with their mania/stupidity.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

arhra posted:

The key question of course, being whether Shiki can kill Accelerator.

Well that depends on whether Accelerator can figure out how to change the vectors of the Lines and ahahahah what am I talking about

Ahhh, Episode 7. This was the kind of episode that I just don't remember seeing in Index. Seeing the "home front" fleshed out away from Railgun's unilateral black ops and Kuroko taking over the narrative reminded me why this was how I was pulled into the franchise to begin with.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

Joshlemagne posted:

I'm honestly incredibly surprised at how self-aware that Nasu quote is. I wouldn't have expected that from the guy who made Fate/Stay Night.

Didn't Nasu not want to make Tsukihime (or make it a visual novel) because he believed the adult game culture was awful and his artist Takeuchi pushed it on him?

vvv yeah, that. Nasu comes off to me as just a guy who wanted to tell stories about triumphing against odds with the help of a figuratively alien-ish lady and giant loving powerlevels everywhere.

Sidesaddle Cavalry fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Jun 25, 2013

• Locked thread