Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even
jeff goldblum could save me from this nightmare
Really enjoying this LP. It's also the first time I've properly committed to reading an LP as opposed to watching one. I have to say it's quite an appealing format. A lot more concise but also a lot more concentrated to all of the good(/bad) stuff and none of the fluff between.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even
As long as we're sharing, here's my worst..

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even
These face creations alone make want to re-install and play this. I honestly didn't put any time into it when I played it. I'd get to the main/first large city and then sort of give up. I just think TES games have a lot of wide open spaces with nothing to do. I understand realistically there wouldn't be brimming cities every mile down the road but it's still enough for me to feel like the world is pretty empty except in the large cities.. which still feel relatively bare.

Are there mods that effectively increase the populace or add more towns and cities?

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even

Lizard Wizard posted:

There probably are, and I bet you can post about them here!

Haha, what a fitting title. Thanks for the recommendation.

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even
Fire weapon, tell him to have his desk packed by friday.

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even
I realize it's the game's namesake but are these oblivion levels 100% necessary for completion? I didn't know you could even access them from this early in the game.

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even

Aghh jesus christ. This is horrible and great. I almost want to make it in to an avatar.

e. ^^^holy poo poo beaten to it.

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even

Lizard Wizard posted:

I'll just have to wait until I find something worse for you. :getin:

I'm sure there won't be a lack of amazingly horrific screenshots of Sterv's ugly mug.

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even

Lizard Wizard posted:

They're a superstitious bunch. Everything is an omen or a portent. Let's make one come true. Find their shaman and ask about the K'Sharra prophecy.

I can't tell if he's supposed to be Welsh or Scottish (or neither??) but if he's Scottish, speaking from the experience of living here for 21 out of my 21 years on earth, he doesn't sound like any Scottish person I've ever met and I've had the unfortunate displeasure of meeting a lot of them. He sounds like what I expect Americans, or really anyone who isn't Scottish, to evocate when attempting the accent. For example the Demoman in Team Fortress 2, granted his voice is not as bad. It's a very weird, very forced laborious attempt at the accent.

Unless it's Welse or something different. In which case, who cares. :colbert:

Edit: One of your images goofed, when you're explaining you can steal the Olroy cheese you re-use the same image twice (the Nirnroot behind S'thasa).

Sundowner fucked around with this message at 01:25 on May 25, 2013

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even
<---- That genuinely scared me. I was scrolling through one of my threads and I said out loud.. :downs: Who th-WHAT THE gently caress.

Y'done got me.

ajkalan posted:

I thought I remembered his voice sounding different in this game, so I looked it up on my copy of vanilla Oblivion. Here's a video showing what it sounded like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj-8nxDsqRA

Ohh this really reminds me of a character/VA from another game. I can't put my finger on it, though.

Sundowner fucked around with this message at 05:24 on May 25, 2013

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even
Christ.. as I was reading I was thinking to my self surely you can't abuse this to level up? and then I see that you can. gently caress it. I love Strengthtown this time of year. :colbert:

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even
Sterv's vacant stare absolutely kills me when it's positioned right.

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even
Oh this reminds me, I meant to ask after reading this update instead of just laughing at Sterv's mug. What's the deal with your guild allegiances? Can you be part of as many guilds as you want? As far as lore is concerned, is that normal? Wouldn't there be some sort of purist view per guild. I'd imagine a warrior/fighting based guild wouldn't want anything to do with the more ethereal characters in say the Dark Brotherhood etc, but it seems you can go to and from guilds willy nilly and no one seems to care.

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even
So does the garlic thing mean that vampires NPCs in general are invulnerable to damage, or is it only because he's an essential character? If the former, howcome the PC can die from normal damage if they're a vampire?

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even
I knew about Vicente's reaction to garlic, I knew it was a bebuff but that's actually what spurred me on to asking about if they usually had invulnerability or not. It was a bit of a Tropes vs. Vampires thing.

Either way. :colbert: Yeah guys.. uh.. way to not, um. Way to not read, ya jerks. :colbert:

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even
Oh my god it's beautiful.

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Say it slowly, extending on the er sound.

It is the best name for Sterv.

And keep Roro's new avatar in mind when you say it out loud.. that's what I get from it.

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even
My one and only memory of that DLC is of my brother playing it and he did enter at night and it was indeed very pretty.

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even
Still reading but I noticed when you start the conversation with Gogron you forgot to add the link. Unless it's some sort of ironic joke, in which case.. move along, move along.

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even

What's the difference?????

Seriously.. these face models are ridiculous sometimes. I really don't want to spur another Skyrim conversation but I will say it boggles my mind the difference between Oblivion and Skyrim, considering they were made for the same console.

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even
Let's see if we can get this back on topic with an actual Oblivion related post... What happened to the little imps? Did I totally gloss over something in an update or what?

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even

Lizard Wizard posted:

Yeah, I mean they're around, but I don't have anything to say that wouldn't boil down to "ha ha, Sterv has scamps", and that...would get old rather quickly. I'll try to capture more Silly Moments In Scamp Positioning, though.

I guess a better question is how do you maneuver around you? Are they usually further back from you. They just never seem to show up in many screenshots despite them being there. Those sneaky little bastards.

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even
I wouldn't mind a whole update made up of Sterv's paintings somewhere down the line. It would be nice to have him recap his memories through the art form of scratching lines in to a blank canvas.

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even

Lizard Wizard posted:

Believe me, I don't want to draw a whole update and you don't want to read an update consisting entirely of my drawings.

Now this is only half true, let's not kid ourselves!

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even

Lizard Wizard posted:

You're getting an entire questline's worth of them. :getin:

:allears: I can't wait. Now imagine if your game hadn't busted. We wouldn't get to witness this masterpiece.

Also.. :sterv:? ->

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even

Lizard Wizard posted:

Hey, my game didn't break. I just felt like it. :v:

But would the idea of an MS Paint update ever have been brought up had you not mentioned problems with the game crashing? Don't fight it Lizard... it is your destiny...

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even
This thread is just amazing. The avatars crack me up every time I scroll through new posts and I can't wait for more :sterv: antics.

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even
His eyes aren't vacant enough. More glazed over zoned-out-ness!

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even
FinalGamer is now a walking advertisement for this thread. Excellent.

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even
Too many of these post about avatars sound very much like "Gee willickers! I sure hope I don't get an avatar! That would be just terrible! Ho Ho Ho!".

It's not the same if you ask for it. When Sterv just pops up unexpectedly with his vacant.. vacant eyes.. agh, I shudder.

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even
A subtle change but this is probably closer to home..

Also an actual question about the game. How long or expansive is each DLC/expansion? Compared to the core game was it a substantial amount of content or was it a 5 hour affair?

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even
I'm sort of glad this was a MS Paint update and not a Full 3D™ update, I love Sterv but I don't want to see him butt nekkid running around Tamriel. That might be a little disturbing.

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even
Oh for christ sake Sterv..

Edit: Excuuuuuuse me but if this LP is anything worth a drat I expect the Fanartifacts to be credited properly and respectfully or I'll purchase eight accounts and report this thread to Lowtax. I think you'll find I cropped MS paint Sterv to be forever immortalized as :sterv: even if the forum elders won't accept it.

(That said, Mecca did give us )
Just kidding, I don't actually care - as long as :sterv: is there in some capacity

Sundowner fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Jun 15, 2013

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even
He just didn't want to piss off the constervatives among us.

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even

anthraciteDragon posted:

Big Boss is the founding father of the practice of wortcraft.
Ahem...

Also...

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even
Stervcrag Spire, for the same reason as Mecca. Think of the tassels. :allears:

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even
That is the best loving thing. I'm in tears.

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even
That horse has seen some poo poo, man.

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even

Buried alive posted:

^^^^^

See, but all someone has to do to prove that wrong is to use that smilie outside of the thread and they can be all like "check and mate" :ocelot::smug:

"check and mate"

And oddly it fits with the intention of the text. It might see limited use but it's still a drat fine smilie that will be in the hearts and minds of every Stervatar'd goon in the cosmos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even
Jesus christ why would you even do that?

Lizard Wizard posted:

Oh man, this game. I have so many things to say about it! Like the thing where-
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. We'll have plenty of time to talk about things as we come across them.

• Locked thread