Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Jobbo_Fett posted:

:20bux: that the Germans actually did this at one point (Although maybe with the gun pointing forwards.

It was actually really common earlier in the war. Lots by the British in Africa rather than Germany or America, but as far as I know everyone did it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portee
(this is a British gun on a Bedford truck)

Prism fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Apr 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Goetta posted:

Maybe a bit different from most games here but has anyone tried the new Nobunaga's Ambition? It has been getting some good reviews from what I have seen so far.

I've been thinking about picking it up. If there are good reviews (or, better, someone in here who has played it) I'd be real interested in hearing them.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Galaga Galaxian posted:

That strange, French (only?) template design shows up in lots of games and its always hilariously bad.

Given the AI templates are at least loosely based on real ships (especially for the line work and gun positions) I wonder what weird cruiser that template is modeled after.

It's like a lightly armoured Dupleix that lost the 100mm guns and switched to submerged tubes. (The Desaix actually was a Dupleix-class, though I don't think it had any modifications like that done to it. I still assume it's where they got the template concept.)

Edit: I haven't played that game so I might be reading the armour values wrong since I don't know how it handles the armour being thinner near the bottom.

Prism fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Jul 29, 2018