Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

We need Latyss so we can have more :iceburn:s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

When I saw the Elmetal, I thought that this game was trying to badly translate something into Spanish. I can only read Latyss's dialogue with a Mexican accent now.

Also, take Fina.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Is it just me or do the smilies next to the Normal status in battle look like :downs:?

Also,

That's some legit awesome copyright infringement :allears:

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

drat, that dragon fight had the worst translation so far. That's the worst of it right? Right? :ohdear:

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Latyss, Burnfist, and Hayami. Only the interesting characters, thanks. :colbert:

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

vilkacis posted:

^
Isn't that more a "generations of heroes" kind of thing where the kids take over the spotlight when they grow up? That seems less sudden and unexpected than what I was going for.

Didn't Phantasy Star 3 do that too?

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

vilkacis posted:

Yup. It's more "okay son, I'm busy running the country so this quest is all yours," not so much death mid-quest with someone else suddenly having to take over.

It's still an interesting concept, though I wish PS3 would have done more with it. (Actually having dialogue would have helped.)

...I guess the problem is you can't really recommend a game like that even if it does exist. "Oh hey, in Game X, the hero totally dies halfway through just like you wanted! Guess you don't need to play it now that I've spoiled the entire thing, though."

I think the biggest problem with that game was that it wasn't made by Reiko Kodama, but by the Golden Axe team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Please be hurry might be my favorite bit of Engrish ever. :allears:

• Locked thread