Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
The sloppy translation and overuse of (Emotion or Action) may slowly drive me bonkers over the course of the LP, but I'll follow this for now.

SSNeoman posted:

I am really missing Latyss' "..." right about now.

And oh boy I really hate this trope.

"Oh we have to spend the night together. That's kind of awkward."
"Why...Do you want to gently caress me?"
"What?! No!"
"Aww so I'm not pretty enough!?"
"Yes you are!"
"Aww you're so sweet! I might have to reward you~"
"Are you serious?"
"No! You are such a PERV! GOD!"

:argh: :argh: The worst part is nobody EVER calls the girl out on this.

Ah ha, it's pretty clear that at every stage in this quest so far (aside from the haunted mine), Caris has been just messing with Ryle's head for kicks. I actually like that.

I don't get the instant connection between "the miners found a pretty stone" and "the stone is the reason for the mystery killing spree." Then again, I guess that's because Ryle, unlike the usual cabbagehead protagonist actually knows things about spirits. Part of his training, maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
That was a fine length for the update. The writing in this game is not that great in general, which makes the occasional good bits all the more surprising. Maybe video for the "romantic" scenes if you want. When Caris isn't trying to mess with Ryle's head (and sometimes when she is), she's quite likeable.

Maybe Ryle built the ship over a couple of weeks?

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

Tin Tim posted:

Nah, he made it right there over the span of moments. Like, I'm not sure how much time can pass during two text boxes of hammering and clank noises, but I assume it's not much. Time didn't even visibly pass when Ryle was in his bed and thinking about what to do next. The text implies that a night has passed, but there is no transition or anything. Continuity isn't a big thing here. :)

I can tell continuity isn't a big thing. Neither is giving a clear cause and effect or understandable chain of events.

Does this game have an actual over-arching plot starting up soon? I mean romance arcs and stuff in games are fine, but a game with romance as the sole point is shallow at best.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

Tin Tim posted:

Here's the deal, Hayami is honestly one of the better characters and has a good deal of story behind her. Some of which can only be discovered in her ending. I'd like it if you gave her a chance, so to speak. If you guys really hate her Sessha deal that much, I'd be willing to cut it from my transcription. Even more so since other Ninja people do that thing too.(Omg, spoilers!) If it's more comfortable for everyone, I'm down. I surely won't miss typing that word a bazillion times.

Yes, cut out Sessha, from everyone. It really is that bad.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
The latest two party members are quite annoying. I sometimes find myself thinking "which one is Sessha again?" I vote for Burnfist and Orubia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

Tin Tim posted:

It sure would! I was pretty surprised that Caris was so nice towards Fina. Really, I expected her to be catty since she's so full of herself in the beginning of the game. But who needs consistent characterization?

I don't know if Caris's attitude toward Fina is inconsistent or not (it could be that the previous famous woman who stopped the bad guys might be a personal hero of hers - or it could just be the normal kind of bad writing the game has), but I do remember that there was a bit of consistency earlier. In the first interaction you had with Caris, choosing the macho "I'm a tough guy, I can handle anything" response made Caris angry. Later on, in the mine when Ryle gets all macho and "save yourself, I'll be fine", what happens? Caris gets mad, exactly consistent from the first choice.

• Locked thread