Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

Do we know how to make a copy of Avery?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

CloFan posted:

Do we know how to make a copy of Avery?

Step one: punch a demon in the face while it meditates after talking over a Great City so hard that it explodes, but not before El sucks it safely out of range

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Outrail posted:

Hang on, so we say 'we want to make a box that stop demon mind fuckery' and that's fine. But we can't say 'we want to make something else that prevents demon mind fuckery' and that's a hard no?

Sketch a helmet. "This is a design for a helmet that stops demons tampering with minds. Can you help me make this?"
"We can make a helmet if you want, but that is not going to stop attempts to interfere with your mind."

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Diogines posted:

"We can make a helmet if you want, but that is not going to stop attempts to interfere with your mind."

Obviously. We need to invent tinfoil so we can line the helmet with it, THAT will protect our mind. :tinfoil:

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

the_steve posted:

Obviously. We need to invent tinfoil so we can line the helmet with it, THAT will protect our mind. :tinfoil:

Vote for experimentation! weeee

AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea!

Blooded Tin Foil Hat: Has a Mental Fortitude modifier of +3

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Make Ishamals fizzy orange jucie of +10 mind protection. Then make it 1000000000 times and quench the helmet in it 1000000000000 times.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Swedish Thaumocracy posted:

Yeah well tell that to Kirton. Or Dor. Or Acco.
Kavodel will unite the province or fall alone. Our Isolation has already begun, let us at least attempt to salvage what we can before we go intentionally lose our best men to this project, however worthy a cause. We can do it just after the Jubilee instead, giving them that much more time to train and for our skill to grow.

What if the boon we ask the vending machine for is help in the protection of another city

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

alpaca diseases posted:

What if the boon we ask the vending machine for is help in the protection of another city

Why stop at one city?

Polgas
Sep 2, 2018

With one hand he saves gebs. With the other he commits goblin genocide. A true neutral.

So what past event allowed Enkidel to learn how to craft anti mind magic into a box of bb?

Its clearly spirit spirit enkidel who managed it but when? How?

Is it something as simple as the gebeb chains we know how to make have numerous properties and one of them is anti mind magic and Enkidel is skilled enough of a smith to recreate it on a box of bb since he has enough smith levels to make it on chains?

Could we just make that tiny gebeb chain we know how to make and during a big fight wrap it around a tiny appendage or tentacle of the enemy boss and watch as about 100 debuffs go off at once?

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

it's the flesh cart and we all know it.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Polgas posted:

Could we just make that tiny gebeb chain we know how to make and during a big fight wrap it around a tiny appendage or tentacle of the enemy boss and watch as about 100 debuffs go off at once?

Honestly? I would say yes, but it'll be a very long time before we're good enough to condense that much Anti-Demon into a small vessel like what you're describing.

Right now, we could make some big horkin chains that could neutralize demons at or below a certain power level, but even for small God of War sized chains, it's gonna be awhile before we can make them and make them effective.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

If we do make a box, how are we going to show the demon off? We don't just want to show it to Batiel, we want to show it to all the Great cities on the way there. And having one as a captive doesn't actually help people see the demons as threats - if we've captured one surely it's not too dangerous right?

Nothingtoseehere fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Sep 23, 2020

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Tsyni posted:

Just have to put leg holes in the box and we get a mega-laurels

Do you to be pyramid head? This is how we become pyramid head.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Volmarias posted:

it's the flesh cart and we all know it.

Lies as an inheritor of Labaras and Zepa it is the binding of demons which is known to us, not messing around with mind control effects or profane blood rituals

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Diogines posted:

"Yes you do!"

"It would not be foolproof and it would not work against all Abominable Things, but it would probably work against anything you can manage to cram into a box though! Praise Be to the Eternal One that their loyal servants slaughter and bind Unclean Things and rejoice in..."

Every Strike, how long would it take to make such a box? I'm assuming we know the rough dimensions of the box, given our knowledge of sea monsters.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Olothreutes posted:

Every Strike, how long would it take to make such a box? I'm assuming we know the rough dimensions of the box, given our knowledge of sea monsters.
"I would expect at least ten years, probably longer. We will also need to fetch a number of materials..."

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Demon box! Demon Box! DEMON BOX!

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

I have to admit, Every’s tacit endorsement is close to making me reconsider.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

If we're going to bag the demon it needs to be a decades-long project where we build custom gear for everyone involved, not just the cage but weapons/armor/a custom demon whaling ship/anything and everything we can come up with to minimize casualties. Definitely not the kind of thing to do before the Jubilee, but afterwords I might be down to investigate the issue, especially if our crafting speed continues to increase from all the fundamentals training we hopefully continue to do.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Yeah BB harpoons with BB chains? Idk what you would bring on a demon hunt tbh and it’s not likely to come alone

This is assuming the materials ES needs just to make it aren’t absurd

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Crazycryodude posted:

If we're going to bag the demon it needs to be a decades-long project where we build custom gear for everyone involved, not just the cage but weapons/armor/a custom demon whaling ship/anything and everything we can come up with to minimize casualties. Definitely not the kind of thing to do before the Jubilee, but afterwords I might be down to investigate the issue, especially if our crafting speed continues to increase from all the fundamentals training we hopefully continue to do.

agreed that we should get fully geared and pull the trigger when everything is arranged

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope

Butt Discussin posted:

I have to admit, Every’s tacit endorsement is close to making me reconsider.

Everystrike was made without the capacity to say 'thats a bad idea' to things that glorify El. Ish even warned us that every doesn't really have brakes.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
*slaps top of box*
"This baby can hold so many abominations"

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

All El No Brakes

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

alpaca diseases posted:

All El No Brakes

punch it, let's ramp this son of a bitch over the mountains of fare & crush that fucker

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

This is a time skip, so it is going to take a while, we will probably close voting on Friday.

Schwza
Apr 28, 2008

alpaca diseases posted:

All El No Brakes

This is the Urian equivalent of WWJD. Except, in this case, the answer is "a ton of holy violence"

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

SniperWoreConverse posted:

punch it, let's ramp this son of a bitch over the mountains of fare & crush that fucker

Freeze Frame as Enkidel and Uriah are ramping off of one of Fare's fortresses in Lefkandi's experimental self moving wagon, while a Bnaimokt in a flesh cart gives chase

"Looks like them Zepa's Boys are in a heap o trouble again, and it don't look like Jael's gonna be able ta bail em out this time"

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Question three, the one with newly limited voting, change me from BHL to JO, I really don't want to do the demon capture yet.

The only editing I did to this post was to change it from a placeholder to the above.

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Sep 23, 2020

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Chaining a demon should be something we spend decades on, not a quick impulse vote.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Outrail posted:

Chaining a demon should be something we spend decades on, not a quick impulse vote.
Yeah, I'm not against the idea but it's something we should sink way more prep into than the amount of time available to us now before the Jubilee arrives.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Volmarias posted:

Freeze Frame as Enkidel and Uriah are ramping off of one of Fare's fortresses in Lefkandi's experimental self moving wagon, while a Bnaimokt in a flesh cart gives chase

"Looks like them Zepa's Boys are in a heap o trouble again, and it don't look like Jael's gonna be able ta bail em out this time"

*presses button that sounds horn in tune with "El, King of the World"*

Outrail posted:

All the better that we start right now!

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Outrail posted:

I mean we will be, in game

Moacher
Oct 10, 2007

In a few moments my neighbor is going to exit this building's ground floor, out onto the sidewalk. According to my math, from this height, I can kill him by pissing on him.
My original vote for 3 was G, Q.

Since Q is not among the top 4 options, I am changing my vote for 3 to G, J.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

DON'T: 5, 7, 11, 13, 15, 18, 20, 25, 26, 28, 29, 31
DO!: 44, 52, 54

Change my vote on 3 to OO

Lord Zedd-Repulsa fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Sep 24, 2020

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Outrail posted:

This is a vote on how we spent time during the last 15 years, not what we're going to do tomorrow

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
I want the plan to be to hit Baitel and to keep our accomplishments just barely under a divine level. Just come in extremely hot and sacrifice a demon and be throwing gold around and fight expressly for the Glory of El in the collosseum with Uriah as our partner and be talking about the invasions of the demons near Zepath every Jubilee. Just make ourselves extremely loud and unignorable. Make the king and the Temple actually deal with us as a serious player.

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST

Zeroisanumber posted:

I want the plan to be to hit Baitel and to keep our accomplishments just barely under a divine level. Just come in extremely hot and sacrifice a demon and be throwing gold around and fight expressly for the Glory of El in the collosseum with Uriah as our partner and be talking about the invasions of the demons near Zepath every Jubilee. Just make ourselves extremely loud and unignorable. Make the king and the Temple actually deal with us as a serious player.

Except we've already been told not to talk about the invasions the way we did on our trip lest we be mistaken for a messenger of El , so that plan is kind of out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

TheCog posted:

Except we've already been told not to talk about the invasions the way we did on our trip lest we be mistaken for a messenger of El , so that plan is kind of out.

Except we are not a literal servant of El. And we got that well stamp by doing what we do. So we keep doing what we do until the well tells us to knock it off.