Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
1.F
2.B

I want to see Barkath and what he has been doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
E B Time to meet the neighbors!

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.
1) F, Paebel - we want her to be a Ball archer, right? Who better than the best of our Ball archers? We might be better with a bow, but Paebel can teach her how to fit in with the way the archers fight with the Balls as a unit.

2) H, 41 v 1 Big Game Hunters gg

Edit: more on why Paebel is the right choice - we use our Might to fire a bow. Chait trains Mighty archers. Ruth is not Mighty. Neither is Paebel.

We want her, a non-Blooded young lady, to be her best at firing a bow - she's going to learn best from the non-Blooded archer guy, not two guys who know how to fire a bow as a man of Seir would.

Task Manager fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Oct 20, 2014

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
1.F, 2.DG. Paebel seems like the best bet, he's already a person who forged success out of an unblooded, unfavoured life, and can teach her a variety of skills. As for what to do, though another timeskip seems promising, I wouldn't mind checking out the temple. It may lead to nothing, in which case we can just move on, but it may lead to some valuable information.

I'd also like to check out the lake, because that's kind of like the ocean, and a chance for some uncharted watery adventure.

Changed. As enticing as the lake is, the temple offers a chance at more info.

Theglavwen fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Oct 21, 2014

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

AG

FG Pabel is a bro, and we're far too unreliable to educate our children ourself.

Facebook Aunt fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Oct 21, 2014

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

How fit are we to get that Roc egg?

*yes I am aware that we will have to wait until Naomi dies*

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
1A.
2H. Heck yeah :black101:

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons
1. A
2. A

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Theglavwen posted:

1.F, 2.DG. Paebel seems like the best bet, he's already a person who forged success out of an unblooded, unfavoured life, and can teach her a variety of skills. As for what to do, though another timeskip seems promising, I wouldn't mind checking out the temple. It may lead to nothing, in which case we can just move on, but it may lead to some valuable information.

I'd also like to check out the lake, because that's kind of like the ocean, and a chance for some uncharted watery adventure.
1. F
2. DG

HBar fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Oct 21, 2014

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Whatever the winner of #2 is, it is going to be a full update, we are not going to do a timeskip unless you pick an option which has a timeskip, which right now is only A. Voting two things for #2 serves no point, the second pick won't be counted.

Vagon
Oct 22, 2005

Teehee!
1. Ruth will....(Pick ONE)
F. Get her a teacher. Paebel, if he is willing. He can also expand her knowledge of wilderness survival and stealth.
-- Make drat sure he swears on our friendship he will NOT mention melachim worship to her. Beyond that, he is unblooded, as she is. Even we rely too much on our blood to accurately teach her.
----G. I go to the Temple of El in Ibleam and try to find out if anything lay beneath.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

1.A, but we take away her bow and make her do all the stupid bullshit we had to do with Chait to earn it back first.

We then shove all the bows up our rear end and go clubbing.

2.J.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.

Diogines posted:

Whatever the winner of #2 is, it is going to be a full update, we are not going to do a timeskip unless you pick an option which has a timeskip, which right now is only A. Voting two things for #2 serves no point, the second pick won't be counted.

Mm, fair enough. Guess I'll change mine to just DG then.

Theglavwen fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Oct 21, 2014

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Cornuto posted:

E. Get her a teacher. Chait, if he is willing. He is probably the best bow instructor in Zepath.
-- Try not to insult him. The bow is already seen as 'not manly.' Asking him to teach a woman may be extra insulting. Mention that we're teaching our children, all of them, the bow. If he reacts poorly to that don't ask him to train Ruth.
Fall back if Chait won't agree, or seems insulted:
F. Get her a teacher. Paebel, if he is willing. He can also expand her knowledge of wilderness survival and stealth.
-- BUT give him a not too subtle warning that if he preaches any melachim-worship to her, we're going to have a problem.
J. I pray to El alone and ask for a task worthy of myself and my Balls.

These.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
EH

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
1-E
2-I

I would also like to consider a trade mission for ore.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Once Ruth aces her awesome-hood trial we should take a family trip to Seir.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

1-F If Ruth wants to be a badass archer adventurer, why not have the most badass archer adventurer we know teach her? Stealth training never hurts either.

2-C See, training time with Uncle Ish does pay off! Let's stick with it, we're on a roll.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
F - This has the advantage of teaching her wilderness survival too, which she is going to need to survive her womanhood trial.
H

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

2. G (changed from DG) Ibleam is on the way to Lake Acco, so it makes sense to stop there first.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

^^

Whoops, what he said, I meant to change to G, not D.

Now to go back and edit the previous two posts.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

FH

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
1. F. Paeble. Get archery training + stealth and survival.
2. I. Ask temple for a mission.

We haven't asked the temple for a mission before. I want to see what sort of task we would be put to.

Also I am choosing Paeble because maybe Ruth can marry him later (and convert him back to El).

Honorific!
Jul 5, 2007

Well played, Goonsire!
FG

I think Paebel is best to teach her because he may not be the BEST archer, but he is an outsider and understands trying to build yourself up when most of society is against you.

sotary
Sep 11, 2001
1. F
2. I

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
AJ

Kira Akashiya
Feb 2, 2013
1. A
2. E

ClothHat
Mar 2, 2005

ASK ME ABOUT MY LOVE OF THE LUMPEN-GOBLITARIAT
protip: trust no links I post

Honorific! posted:

FG

I think Paebel is best to teach her because he may not be the BEST archer, but he is an outsider and understands trying to build yourself up when most of society is against you.

Yeah I like this reasoning, and it's the best choice, but he is 100% going to convert her to Melachim worship. Do we really want to give Diogines a chance to set up some horrible scenario 200 pages and 10 years from now where we have to choose what to do with our heretic daughter while he innocently points out that it's our own stupid fault?

F & B

Slightly Lions
Apr 13, 2009

Look what I can do!
Diog, which of A and F will give Ruth an overall better knowledge of archery, stealth and wilderness survival?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Slightly Lions posted:

Diog, which of A and F will give Ruth an overall better knowledge of archery, stealth and wilderness survival?
Chait probably has little to teach her of wilderness survival, but is probably the best archery teacher for her, followed by you and Paebel.
You are probably the best wilderness survival teacher for her, but based on your prior votes, that isnt going to be much of a focus, is it? After you, Paebel. After Paebel, her brothers.
You are probably the best teacher of stealth for her, followed by Paebel. Her brothers can also teach her more of this, but less effectively than you or Paebel.

Spending time teaching Ruth means less time for all the other things you said you wanted to do.

She is not Blooded at all. The prospects of her adventuring alone are ludicrous, she will surely die. The skills most useful to her are likely those which she can use among your Balls?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

1. E.
2. C

Edit: Ruth WILL develop Presence.

I like Paebel, but I'm not down to get Ruth twisted in this Melachim worship.

hiddenriverninja fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Oct 21, 2014

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
1:F, but have a talk with Ruth first to let her know that El is where its at and Paebel is well meaning but misguided.

Honorific!
Jul 5, 2007

Well played, Goonsire!

ClothHat posted:

Yeah I like this reasoning, and it's the best choice, but he is 100% going to convert her to Melachim worship. Do we really want to give Diogines a chance to set up some horrible scenario 200 pages and 10 years from now where we have to choose what to do with our heretic daughter while he innocently points out that it's our own stupid fault?

F & B

Isn't she basically already in the perfect position to convert to melachim worship regardless of who teaches her? We fostered the belief that she should want more than what is traditionally defined as a woman's place in Zepath, she's an outsider... if she believes so strongly that "she doesn't want to become just a thing," she's well on her way to being against slavery. She's more than likely going to end up a heretic whatever we do at this point, short of marrying her off to Zebanetha.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

And the heretics believe men and women are equal(ish)!

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

Cornuto posted:

E. Get her a teacher. Chait, if he is willing. He is probably the best bow instructor in Zepath.
-- Try not to insult him. The bow is already seen as 'not manly.' Asking him to teach a woman may be extra insulting. Mention that we're teaching our children, all of them, the bow. If he reacts poorly to that don't ask him to train Ruth.
Fall back if Chait won't agree, or seems insulted:
-- BUT give him a not too subtle warning that if he preaches any melachim-worship to her, we're going to have a problem.

J. I pray to El alone and ask for a task worthy of myself and my Balls.
--If no answer is received:
----G. I go to the Temple of El in Ibleam and try to find out if anything lay beneath. (Assuming this doesn't take 3 years)
+
----H. My strength grows and my Balls, now with many more Blooded men within it are, if not a threat to kings, a force to threaten monsters. My Balls are bored. There is no risk they will abandon me, nor that they will fall into poverty but they want more glory and riches and I am not getting them much of either right now. The Manticore is not the only terror in this region. At this moment I am drinking with my Balls as we plot our next adventure! Lets go kill something really nasty! Glory! Plunder!

J!

Voting for all of this

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Honorific! posted:

Isn't she basically already in the perfect position to convert to melachim worship regardless of who teaches her? We fostered the belief that she should want more than what is traditionally defined as a woman's place in Zepath, she's an outsider... if she believes so strongly that "she doesn't want to become just a thing," she's well on her way to being against slavery. She's more than likely going to end up a heretic whatever we do at this point, short of marrying her off to Zebanetha.

Wait a sec, it's almost as if the melachim worshippers might have gotten something right!

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Given what happened to Snarls through unconsciously boosting him up to be like an Old Timey Superdog, and the weird stuff with the Balls fellowship, it's possible that adventuring/training with Ruth will magically make her stronger or luckier or something.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

Diogines posted:

And the heretics believe men and women are equal(ish)!

But is it heretical to believe it?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
In that case let's focus on telling her something like "I have heard messages directly from El and the melcham have also sent me messages on his behalf. We may not have a perfect understanding of his ways and desires but his existence is a certainty."

Have we told anyone else about us getting messages from El and the other melcham?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honorific!
Jul 5, 2007

Well played, Goonsire!

Tsyni posted:

Wait a sec, it's almost as if the melachim worshippers might have gotten something right!

I'm not down on the heretics, I was the one who voted to thank Paebel for his sacrifice for us and then to go make one for him at the temple. Live and let live. Unless we get a divine message that we need to stop that poo poo.