Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Olothreutes posted:

Was Samson even with Tudiya on the trip south to Athar? It's always amazing to me that so many of the swolest dudes all left Zepath at the same time. Acco is basically the only time I can think of something similar happening, but even now Tudiya made sure to leave a descendant behind and also Ishamal is there to defend the city if need be.

yeah, he made comment on how he shouldn't have rescued us back then in the previous update

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

What if it's Ruth?

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Snarls reported Ruth as being ok

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Diog? ...How's Mom?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Olothreutes posted:

Was Samson even with Tudiya on the trip south to Athar?
He was.

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008
A, we'll find out who died soon enough.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Changing to G.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Lol if u haven't permanently moved to the weird sex gently caress after dark version of the forums

here's the link to this thread, probably extremely :nws:

https://westbrobm.tk/showthread.php?threadid=3550307

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Diog? ...How's Mom?
The last time you saw her, she was fine?

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Diogines posted:

The last time you saw her, she was fine?

You know what I'm asking.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

I honestly don't? The last time you saw your mom in Zepath she was fine. What is it you mean, if not that? I don't see any hidden meaning there?

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Didn't we send someone to go check on Samson right after the duel? Zimran? Although he was still here for this update.. oh well.

My bet is Damuzi, and I hope he took that entire army of fish-demons with him.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Okay this might just be the spite talking, but...maybe Samson was the leaker? Maybe he's been on Fare's side this whole time and is who's been feeding him information on our activities? Maybe the Accopus, on behalf of the Melachim, snatched him up and drowned him after we flung him into the lake, and that's who died.

I'm sure Tudiya and Aaron are fine.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Swedish Thaumocracy posted:

Didn't we send someone to go check on Samson right after the duel? Zimran?
Someone suggested it, it did not win.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Diogines posted:

I honestly don't? The last time you saw your mom in Zepath she was fine. What is it you mean, if not that? I don't see any hidden meaning there?

Is she the 'They' in the update?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

They is some person you have not determined the identity of yet.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

I hope it wasn't the poop eating tapeworm that's been inside us these past seventy years that died. Having to start pooping again would be a drag.

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

Confusion As a Natural State of Being
A

Neraren
Sep 15, 2006
Random Nerd #753897

Mexican Deathgasm posted:

There is no way Samson drowned. He could probably punch the water so hard it would knock him on to the shore. Diog even mentioned that Samson's Mighty intellect would let him learn to swim very quickly. Hell, I learned to swim by being thrown into a lake when I was five, and I'm semi-retarded.

He was eaten by the Accotopus.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
You know, I feel like we just need to wait like...a couple minutes. If someone else dies right away we know it's both of them, if no one else dies for a bit we know it's Aaron, or someone else. What does knowing right this second change?

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Yeah, Mom is the only person we have know our whole lives, which could mean Zepath is under attack and Danal was right.

I doubt it’s literal in that way though.

Also, the demon images loving with us do not look like Gebek, though that probably means nothing.

We have also had these weird experiences of people we never actually knew dying elsewhere and feeling we had permanently lost part of ourselves. Guess this isn’t that either.

Most likely and I guess foreshadowed is Aaron, which is truly going to suck in so, so many ways.

Second is that Samson went and died and honorable death.

As pointed out if it’s Tudiya we might have a different response and it’s moot because we are all hosed.

Diog is a master of sewing doubt and anticipation, both dark and light.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Hellsau posted:

here's the link to this thread, probably extremely :nws:

https://westbrobm.tk/showthread.php?threadid=3550307

Mmm the first words I beheld were references to a "monster" rooster and a "tight" feline.
Clearly Enkindel will have to defeat both of those creatures: the monstrous Rooster is probably a straight up battle and the Cat will be dealt with with diplomacy.

BoyG
Nov 24, 2004

Have you heard the tale of the Cannibal King of Kavodel?
A, I can handle not knowing when weighed against the risk that using our presence sense (for a third time ffs) might actually be very dangerous.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

BoyG posted:

A, I can handle not knowing when weighed against the risk that using our presence sense (for a third time ffs) might actually be very dangerous.

+1

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
A

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Yeah, A.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

A

I've got my whip ready for the ensuing self flagellation once we find out how this is our fault in a roundabout way.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe
A

Balder
Apr 3, 2011
A

drat this game is good. Legit got a clump in my stomach.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

A

gnarl
Jul 28, 2010
Soiled Meat
A

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Side thought: we just spent seventy dude power on a duel with Samson, a man who would be chump change to the guys fighting Gebek right now. One of whom just died!

Aades
Nov 28, 2005

Guns Up!

A

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

A.

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Fish Dad knew us since birth, same with Uncle Jorah, maybe one of them finally died!

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
I really don't know what to do here so I

BoyG
Nov 24, 2004

Have you heard the tale of the Cannibal King of Kavodel?

mercenarynuker posted:

Fish Dad knew us since birth, same with Uncle Jorah, maybe one of them finally died!

I'm a bit obsessed with the printing capacity of our sandals because I think there is something we are missing with how they work. When we were trying everything we could think of with the sandals we asked them to print pictures of Uncle Jorah and all it showed was our normal footprint. However it was able to print pictures of other people we knew to be alive. This may be because Jorah was already dead? Without wanting to reopen Sandal Q&A, maybe it might be worthwhile asking them to print a picture of Aaron?

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

BoyG posted:

I'm a bit obsessed with the printing capacity of our sandals because I think there is something we are missing with how they work. When we were trying everything we could think of with the sandals we asked them to print pictures of Uncle Jorah and all it showed was our normal footprint. However it was able to print pictures of other people we knew to be alive. This may be because Jorah was already dead? Without wanting to reopen Sandal Q&A, maybe it might be worthwhile asking them to print a picture of Aaron?

We should verify with a mortal person we know who has died ideally a mighty man (non potential melch) to confirm dead people get blanked. Then test Aaron.

Actually we should test a few combinations on top of this:

1) A Friendly divine - Azz maybe?
2) Super Powerful but ostensibly human - 3dad
3) Ish
4) Mum
5) The Orm

We might be able to figure some stuff out from the differences.

Cast_No_Shadow fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Feb 21, 2018

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

BoyG posted:

That's totally what you're doing, but I don't mind. First print a picture of a ball we know is dead to test the "can't print dead people" theory.

IIRC Sandals prints people without clothes on...

Dr Subterfuge fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Feb 21, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwza
Apr 28, 2008
I
The big guy likes sacrifices. At the very least it might throw a little more power for Tudiya to draw on.

What's going on with the idols being collected by the soldiers?