Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!
Also just want to state that the general vibe from the flora, fauna, and method of travel to get here is Dreamlandy as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwza
Apr 28, 2008
Does Enkidel notice any similarities between the fauna in this cave? Claws or grasping digits? Big ears or large eyes? Get an idea of what this place produces by paying attention to the smaller animals.

My guess is that fire is king down here. A big display of flames would probably send anything running.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Foppington posted:

I don't think that has actually been mentioned? Didn't we fly to get out of there or do I misremember? If we flew then it is definitely outside of Ur.

Edit: I remember that in many Diog posts the Orm was used as a benchmark of "is it ok to fly out there", so I think it is outside.

We got in and out of the Ormpit thanks to telling Sandals to stick to the walls and just walking. We asked Ish later if the Ormpit was an acceptable place to practice flying and he was clear that it wasn't, so I think it still counts as Ur.

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Apr 19, 2018

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Flying in Ur is out. Full stop. It doesn't matter if there doesn't seem to be any conceivable way for someone to accidentally see us.

enigma74
Aug 5, 2005
a lean lobster who probably doesn't even taste good.
N. We are looking for some treasure that might bring us advantage against the demons and giants later. If we waste our time between the jubilees, they will grind out a slow victory against Ur.

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST

enigma74 posted:

N. We are looking for some treasure that might bring us advantage against the demons and giants later. If we waste our time between the jubilees, they will grind out a slow victory against Ur.

What makes you think there's gonna be anything useful in an underground jungle?

You know what might be useful against demons? Forging some more mystical arrows. Like we voted to do. During the timeskip. Which we won't be able to do, if we get cripped/killed/maimed/have our well significantly drained by something down here.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

TheCog posted:

You know what might be useful against demons? Forging some more mystical arrows. Like we voted to do. During the timeskip. Which we won't be able to do, if we get cripped/killed/maimed/have our well significantly drained by something down here.

Diogenes, are there any stories about Labaras going to underground mushroom forests? I wouldn't want us to accidentally heresy some more

Ouroborus
Mar 31, 2010

I really only come here for the Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens CYOA these days.
SA was one of the first websites I ever frequented, waaaaay back in the day. I only got off my ass and got an account about 8 years ago. I bought the platinum upgrade recently.

TheCog posted:

Can we be crippled? I mean, more than has already been done to us by the PtB. It might not be useful things here, there might be dangerous things that we should know about.
We aren't just super strong, super big and super fast, we're also super sneaky when we want to be. If there is something down here that is a match for us, that is something we really ought to know about.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Woah! I got a new avatar! Thanks to whoever is responsible.

Also, I have no idea what it means. Can anyone find a rough translation?

There Bias Two fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Apr 19, 2018

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

enigma74 posted:

We can do this at any point between jubilees, though. It only takes a day or two. So why not wait and do it when we're stronger and there's less risk?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Ouroborus posted:

Can we be crippled? I mean, more than has already been done to us by the PtB. It might not be useful things here, there might be dangerous things that we should know about.
We aren't just super strong, super big and super fast, we're also super sneaky when we want to be. If there is something down here that is a match for us, that is something we really ought to know about.

Super Sneaky. *cups hands around mouth* HELLLLOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

There Bias Two posted:

Woah! I got a new avatar! Thanks to whoever is responsible.

"Blooded Strength Wrong Voter"

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

There Bias Two posted:

Something along the lines of "a very/the most honorable person", I think? Presumably it's a reference to how badass our daughter-son is.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
New AV is baller. Thank you to whomever did it. Enkidel stabbing mans while jumping off walls is the content I signed up for.

MetricUnit
Jan 2, 2005
The stronger we get the more our presence stands out and attracts bigger, scarier things to eat us, I don't think there will ever be a 'strong enough' to explore safely. We probably should have brought the laurels though.

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

Diogines posted:

You race down the tunnel and hear voices cry out in alarm both behind you and ahead of you! A few men steps into the hallway from side passages brandishing weapons but they present no obstacle at all to the Mighty Men of Zepath and Kavodel and they are brushed away or pushed past with ease. You carry your club in one hand and your shield in the other and race down the rocky corridor. You reach the Sanctuary of the Hive of New Hope and see One-Consort awake and waiting for you at the far end.

A child, the same child you saw speaking for Once-Consort before is sleeping on a mat beside the altar. Aaron shouts "Jassiel! Block the chamber and catch the child!" Catch the child? Your band rushes towards Once-Consort as it lets out a loud shriek and charges at you!

Your body is wracked by pain as bloody boils erupt across your skin but you do not stop! Nahari screams in agony as bloody boils cover his body and burst! As you run Aaron leans down to scoop up the child and without looking throws the child over his shoulder towards the entrance of the chamber where Jassiel waits and catches the child as the rest of you charge ahead. "ELLLLL!" you and your comrades yell as you charge! Aaron stashes his spear on his back and leaps forward onto his hands, doing a handstand upon the altar in the center of the room and without losing any of his momentum grabs the altar and finishing his somersault lifts the thousand pound altar over his head and throws it ahead at Once-Consort while yelling a loud voice which you feel in your very bones PAQACH! You can feel a strong Presence besides that of Ahaz's end and it is coming from Aaron for a moment!

The altar sails through the air with great speed and smashes Once-Consort in the head, knocking back Once-Consort's head, sailing past him and smashing the ceiling of the chamber. Once-Consort is smashed into the wall behind him with such force that the wall cracks. That attack would have turned any normal creature into paste but Once-Consort's carapace does not seem to have cracked.

A portion of the ceiling of the chamber explodes upwards all the way to the surface and blue smoke flows through the gap, filling the room. You feel the pain from your wounds lessen as the soothing blue mist envelops you. Your wounds do not heal but it seems at least that your blood is not about to violently explode out of your body as appeared to be the case a few moments ago.

Sure hope we don't run into anything that can make our blood burst out of our body.

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80AQW6zqP9E

Here's some theme music while we prepare to eat the underground.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Zodiac5000 posted:

New AV is baller. Thank you to whomever did it. Enkidel stabbing mans while jumping off walls is the content I signed up for.

The worst posters get the best avatars.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Tsyni posted:

You've never been more right, Tsyni.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Tsyni posted:

You just keep walking into this one, don't you.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Snarls is definitely the best

Ouroborus
Mar 31, 2010

I really only come here for the Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens CYOA these days.
SA was one of the first websites I ever frequented, waaaaay back in the day. I only got off my ass and got an account about 8 years ago. I bought the platinum upgrade recently.

Outrail posted:

Super Sneaky. *cups hands around mouth* HELLLLOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

I did say "when we want to be"

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

Does ur have a concept of cyphers, like for sending secret messages?

EDIT: do we feel any change in how watched we are?

TheCog fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Apr 19, 2018

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope

Tsyni posted:

I have a long way to go to reach such shitposting heights as my threadfathers. I am but a humble mediocre poster daring to reach for the great heights that you all stand on.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Zodiac5000 posted:

I have a long way to go to reach such shitposting heights as my threadfathers. I am but a humble mediocre poster daring to reach for the great heights that you all stand on.

Your degree of separation is a lie! Embrace your posts for what they are, my child, and El shall forgive ye.

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
N I want to find something cool or fight a monster or something.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?

Chatrapati posted:

N I want to find something cool or fight a monster or something.

Exploring and finding something cool is great and all but let's not prove Uriah right about us being a stupid gloryhound.

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast
I just finished playing The Forest and I'm getting serious deadly cave vibes. Can't wait until we bump into an Armsy.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

unimportantguy posted:

Exploring and finding something cool is great and all but let's not prove Uriah right about us being a stupid gloryhound.

The problem is that the Wrong Voters have already decided in their heart of hearts that this cavern is either going to have
- Some sort of Uber Rare magic item(s)
- Ancient lore that we can't squeeze from the Ishamal stone
And/Or
- A monstrous race that they will be utterly convinced that we can befriend at long last, before voting us into a situation where we are forced to kill it instead.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I think we could get a pet cave beast like a cat sized archeopterix if we play our cards right. Just can't take it home without some other non airlock route

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

I think the cave has cool mushrooms and I want to go look for more cool and interesting mushrooms.

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

the_steve posted:

The problem is that the Wrong Voters have already decided in their heart of hearts that this cavern is either going to have
And/Or
- A monstrous race that they will be utterly convinced that we can befriend at long last, before voting us into a situation where we are forced to kill it instead.

Or just cool mushrooms.

TacoNight
Feb 18, 2011

Stop, hey, what's that sound?

the_steve posted:

And/Or

Getting more lore than what Ish would tell us is an incredibly low bar to pass. That such a place exists, and there was a human artifact is already more reveals than we’ll get from Ish at time skip.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Dr Subterfuge posted:

You just keep walking into this one, don't you.

Give me a bit of credit

Edit: I know I have the best avatar.

Tsyni fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Apr 19, 2018

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

TacoNight posted:

Getting more lore than what Ish would tell us is an incredibly low bar to pass. That such a place exists, and there was a human artifact is already more reveals than we’ll get from Ish at time skip.

Not necessarily. He’s been pretty forthcoming about the type of things we’ve gleaned he’s allowed to discuss. At this point we as a thread should know he will not under any circumstances discuss things of a divine nature and not get to upset when he won’t. That’s part and parcel of living as a man. Yeah it sucks but I think it’s partially because our mortal form can’t handle the information. If, for instance, we went with the other option at the beginning we would probably have been able to gently caress around pretending to be an Ish like guy because we already had knowledge of what it was like to be something insanely more complex than a dude. It doesn’t work so well the other way around. Look at literally every time we’ve ducked around in the divine. Something goes wrong or we start to lose part of ourself or we get overwritten by beings stronger. I’m of the opinion that Ish is actually right about his opinion of Enkidel and we will be able to peer further behind the veil as we get older and wiser. Finding stuff out on our own isn’t as bad as being told because we take from it what we can glean from our limited perspective.

For example: Everything Amok told us. We received no confirmation of our theories. But we were able to piece together part of the truth and came into our divinity more than before ie. wingats. If we were straight up told ‘Yeah the creation myth of Ur is a lie and Mt Har was built as a bastion against, or immediately after a world scouring event.’ We’d flip out due to not having any frame of reference to understand it in our own way.

Anyway. That’s my bored at work theorycraft for the day. We’re learning how to ride a bike instead of being put in the cockpit of an F-22 mid flight.

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast

TK-42-1 posted:

Not necessarily. He’s been pretty forthcoming about the type of things we’ve gleaned he’s allowed to discuss. At this point we as a thread should know he will not under any circumstances discuss things of a divine nature and not get to upset when he won’t. That’s part and parcel of living as a man. Yeah it sucks but I think it’s partially because our mortal form can’t handle the information. If, for instance, we went with the other option at the beginning we would probably have been able to gently caress around pretending to be an Ish like guy because we already had knowledge of what it was like to be something insanely more complex than a dude. It doesn’t work so well the other way around. Look at literally every time we’ve ducked around in the divine. Something goes wrong or we start to lose part of ourself or we get overwritten by beings stronger. I’m of the opinion that Ish is actually right about his opinion of Enkidel and we will be able to peer further behind the veil as we get older and wiser. Finding stuff out on our own isn’t as bad as being told because we take from it what we can glean from our limited perspective.

For example: Everything Amok told us. We received no confirmation of our theories. But we were able to piece together part of the truth and came into our divinity more than before ie. wingats. If we were straight up told ‘Yeah the creation myth of Ur is a lie and Mt Har was built as a bastion against, or immediately after a world scouring event.’ We’d flip out due to not having any frame of reference to understand it in our own way.

Anyway. That’s my bored at work theorycraft for the day. We’re learning how to ride a bike instead of being put in the cockpit of an F-22 mid flight.

I'm hopeful. But I'm also quite certain the thread will be over long before then. :(

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Voting is closed. If we can get a count up within an hour, I will do everything I can to get you an update tonight. If you volunteer to count, please post to let us know. Thanks.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Apr 20, 2018

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Magnusth posted:

Or just cool mushrooms.

Oh yeah we need to take some of these mushrooms. They could be... medicinal.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

I'll count.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Just counted.

N Is the decisive winner with 33 Votes
O Is second with 15
K Is third with 14

Of interest is that 3 posters voted to build Snarls a beekeeping outfit.

Edit: I have a more detailed count if you need it.