Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dyzzy posted:

Eunuchgate has taken a very ugly turn.

Smythosgate? Ballsgate?

Holdthegategate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Good and noble goons. I'd like very much to update tonight but I am not sure if we will. If not, my apologies for the delay.

Jester Mcgee
Mar 28, 2010

A lot of things have happened to me over my life.

Diogines posted:

Good and noble goons. I'd like very much to update tonight but I am not sure if we will. If not, my apologies for the delay.

I don't think Diogenes knows how important it is that he update. Sojenus, do something.

DCBomB
Sep 14, 2008

Quick Sojenus, fall faster!

Sojenus
Dec 28, 2008

Mexican Deathgasm: A tax is due for this fall from Good Postingdom.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Diog probably had to get a second job in order to afford Sojenus' fall taxes.

THANKS ELBAMA

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Diogines posted:

Voting to update tonight. I'm sure Team Wikipedia will post several dozen paragraphs about how this is a bad idea and how it is vitally important that we play our flute immediately.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Nobody's on team flute anymore :(

Not even me :(

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

dyzzy posted:

Nobody's on team flute anymore :(

Not even me :(

Won't anyone think about our culture heritage? Join team flute for the children!

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Team Flute has gone the way of Team Flea.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I miss Team Flute. We should try to slip in some lessons now that filling the tip jar is no longer a priority

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

Team Goatmilk looks upon this probation with fear and worry.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

Captain Mediocre posted:

Team Goatmilk looks upon this probation with fear and worry.

it's team goatmilk, not team kidmilk

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
Yeah, kids don't make milk. Only adult goats.

(I get way too much of a kick out of kid meaning baby goat.)

This image brought to you by baby animal zoo, a very important website.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
drat you Diog, the world needs to know more about Ogkidel and Naomi's Sexytime Adventures right this minute!!!
:argh:

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

Diogines posted:

I may have spotted the problem. Diog seems to be looking for good and noble Goons.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Sogol posted:

I may have spotted the problem. Diog seems to be looking for good and noble Goons.

drat. Our Diog went full crazy like the historical Diogenes.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Raserys posted:

drat you Diog, the world needs to know more about Ogkidel and Naomi's Sexytime Adventures right this minute!!!
:argh:

I believe the correct term for it is "Gone in Sixty Seconds".

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Diogines posted:

You are poking the poop. Do not annoy the poop.

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

I carry refreshments to the good guys
I made the good guys some home fries
http://askhelixfossil.com/#ufcs3p

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

dyzzy posted:

Eunuchgate has taken a very ugly turn.

Smythosgate? Ballsgate?

Vas deferens gate. I found the apparent ignorance about vasectomies, and conflation with castration, one of the most frustrating things about the whole debate.

re: flute. We should totally just hang out at home, invest our silver well, and live a calm and simple life of growing luxury and an increasingly large herd of livestock. Defy all expectations of being an adventurer. Practice the flute, until it is what we are truly known for. Explain our archery away as a childhood passion, and our height as merely El's gift so that our music can be heard more widely.

It would probably make for a fun and charming set of updates, and be hilarious when the powers-that-be descend to speak with us directly. ("I'm really just a flute player. I was told to keep myself our of the affairs of man, so I just play the flute and tend to goats.")

UppaTree
May 4, 2013

Vavrek posted:

Vas deferens gate. I found the apparent ignorance about vasectomies, and conflation with castration, one of the most frustrating things about the whole debate.

Technically, it's just as much like a vasectomy as it is like castration - which is to say, not at all. If we trust Ish, nothing's been severed at all, we're just sterile now.

DCBomB
Sep 14, 2008

Vavrek posted:

I'm really just a flute player. I was told to keep myself our of the affairs of man, so I just play the flute and tend to goats.

This would be such an amazing passive-aggressive gently caress you to so many people I love it

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

DCBomB posted:

This would be such an amazing passive-aggressive gently caress you to so many people I love it

God this would be amazing

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

Vavrek posted:

It would probably make for a fun and charming set of updates, and be hilarious when the powers-that-be descend to speak with us directly. ("I'm really just a flute player. I was told to keep myself our of the affairs of man, so I just play the flute and tend to goats.")

Plan Krishna, eh? A change of theological attitudes could be nice.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Seize the dream! We'll be a flute-playing, dragon-slaying legend:

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

God this would be amazing

Can't very well be a bard without an instrument.
Count me in.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

DCBomB posted:

Team live the slow and easy life is amassing followers! +1 Member.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
I am 100% on board with Plan Vavrek. I want to see what happens when we defy all the cliches.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
We could transform the Balls of Labaras into the greatest horn section of all time.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Vavrek posted:

re: flute. We should totally just hang out at home, invest our silver well, and live a calm and simple life of growing luxury and an increasingly large herd of livestock. Defy all expectations of being an adventurer. Practice the flute, until it is what we are truly known for. Explain our archery away as a childhood passion, and our height as merely El's gift so that our music can be heard more widely.

Yesssssss... :getin:

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

If Tudiya or any one else starts sassing us about suddenly neglecting our heroic power we can just direct all inquiries to Ishmael, after all we're just a simple man with simple prospects trying to stake his claim in the harsh world via honest work.

We don't have the head for such complicated questions clearly!

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

A Darker Porpoise posted:

If Tudiya or any one else starts sassing us about suddenly neglecting our heroic power we can just direct all inquiries to Ishmael, after all we're just a simple man with simple prospects trying to stake his claim in the harsh world via honest work.

We don't have the head for such complicated questions clearly!

Who are you to doubt the will of Smythos!?

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

Plan Vavrek is kind of growing on me actually. Maybe we should go a step further and become a (semi) hermit like some have suggested. Build a house near the Zepa Monument, with just us, Snarls, Naomi and maybe Mum. Free our slaves, live a simple life, defend our home and livestock from the occasional stray monster and offer our sage wisdom to anybody who makes it that far in their trial.
Whenever we get bored, go hang out with Azz for a bit, maybe even bring the family along, too!
We'd be nice and out of the way, but not so far that we probably wouldn't get the odd visit from Danal, Ishamel & maybe some others.

EDIT: Henceforth referring to this as Plan Tom Bombadil, as this is essentially how we would end up.

Rahul fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Feb 20, 2014

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Coq au Nandos posted:

We could transform the Balls of Labaras into the greatest horn section of all time.

"Alright guys, we're going to be trying something a little bit different. Everyone grab a horn and a clay tablet, we're burning daylight and opening night is just two months away."

Snarls can be the conductor!

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

UppaTree posted:

Technically, it's just as much like a vasectomy as it is like castration - which is to say, not at all. If we trust Ish, nothing's been severed at all, we're just sterile now.

If you're looking at matters as strictly physical, with no regard for functional similarity or understanding by analogy, maybe. Functionally, castration removes the testicles, the capacity to have biological children or have a traditional sex life, and alters the person's physiology. A vasectomy, properly performed, only removes the capacity to father biological children, which, we were told, was the sole effect of whatever Ishamal did.

Also, I didn't expect my idea to garner as much support as it has. It was kind of sarcastic, as I'm still trying to figure out how to fit Gough's Greatbow into our current, new, knowledge of ourselves and our place in the world.

edit: Fellow fans of Farscape should totally be reading my above rambling about genitals in Pilot's voice.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Vavrek posted:

If you're looking at matters as strictly physical, with no regard for functional similarity or understanding by analogy, maybe. Functionally, castration removes the testicles, the capacity to have biological children or have a traditional sex life, and alters the person's physiology. A vasectomy, properly performed, only removes the capacity to father biological children, which, we were told, was the sole effect of whatever Ishamal did.

Also, I didn't expect my idea to garner as much support as it has. It was kind of sarcastic, as I'm still trying to figure out how to fit Gough's Greatbow into our current, new, knowledge of ourselves and our place in the world.

edit: Fellow fans of Farscape should totally be reading my above rambling about genitals in Pilot's voice.

Mate that's how I read all of your posts.

DCBomB
Sep 14, 2008

While going over the survey and preparing it for a second run, I took a closer look at one of the teams included in the first survey and decided to post about it.

Closer look at Team Azazzel

Some basic numbers first:
61 total votes. 37 did NOT select Team Azazzel. 24 did.
Team Azazzel is rougly 40% of the survey-taking population.
Team Azazzel is the largest team by two. (Team El has 22)
All of the following graphs are weighted according to that 40%

(the further apart a pair of bars are, the more significant)

I haven't done the math to see if these are statistically significant but these teams may have some correlation with Team Azazzel:
Team Bareen (2/2 members on)
Team Sperg (0/1 members on)
Team Always Write-In (1/5 members on)
Team Magic (3/4 members on)

Some other facts not shown on this graph
Team Azazzel selected on average 1.25 more teams than those not. 0.36 more if only those who selected more than one team are counted.
Only one person selected *only* team Azazzel.

Also worth noting is that while 1/5 Team Write-In members were on Team Azazzel, of those who actually wrote-in a team answer (other on the graph) was a relatively even split.
I would very much like to say that this demonstrates Team Write-In to actually be Team Hypocrite but I am still all :effort: on the math right now.

Character Opinions
Looking at the Character Opinion data, most of the opinions are the same between those on and off Team Azazzel. Four characters had some differences significant enough to show.

There's a definate change in Jalitha's lines but I think any correlations here are more strongly linked to a team other than Team Azazzel.
Sammah The Hammer is more liked though the team doesn't quite agree on how much more.
Team Azazzel seems to not like Danal as much and are very divided about their opinion (average deviation of 1.06, which is p big)
Tudiya is more clearly defined by Team Azazzel to be not awesome, but is still cool.

Favorite Weapon
Team Azazzel likes the Club.
This graph doesn't reach 100% because I left out the less popular weapons

Favorite Monster
Team Azazzel was more single-minded in its love for Eyescream and Cliff Racers.
This graph doesn't reach 100% because some did not answer this question.

That Fish Background
Here are results for my first joke question, about the background. This graph says that Non-Team Azazzel members either recently ate before taking the survey, don't find fish appetizing, or don't like fun. You decide.

Puabime
Another joke question. This graph shows that P much everyone agrees that Puabi is an Anime.

Stuff Not Covered because it's almost 6am and I should sleep
Locations most wanted to visit.
Time-of-day in which the survey was completed.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
Beautiful analysis DCBomb. I don't know what shocks me more, that the players of this game make such good spreadsheets, graphs, and analyses, or that the doctors and therapists I work with can barely do elementary school math on a good day.

More thought went into our debate on how to count votes than into most of the medical research I have seen. gently caress my job so much.

Enough of my work tangent and back to the game:

Could people use DCBomb's survey on their phones?

I was thinking about making a form in google docs for people to submit their votes. Having people change their votes isn't an issue. The only problem is that their isn't a good way to handle write in votes. The most significant thing about write in votes is that they spur discussion in the thread.

Maybe I could have 2 links to the google doc? One to a form to easily submit your vote, and another to the spreadsheet iris being saved to? Or maybe I could just periodically post an update on what people are voting?

Deadly Ham Sandwich fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Feb 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008

Ralith posted:

I am 100% on board with Plan Vavrek. I want to see what happens when we defy all the cliches.

Me too. I've been a believer in the 'screw you assholes, I'm out' angle for a while now, and this is the best way to do it yet proposed. :allears: