Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

:yikes: C

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Outrail posted:

I thought we could reach a bit further than that. Enough to grab something from the closer shelves?
You can reach a little bit past your actual fingers. Your ability to mystically move things has a very limited range.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
Who would have guessed that our reach exceeds our grasp???

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
E

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

E

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

E

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

Volmarias posted:

Who would have guessed that our reach exceeds our grasp???

:golfclap:

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
E

Hello ladies :forkbomb:

cambodian holiday
Sep 4, 2009
E

Polgas
Sep 2, 2018

With one hand he saves gebs. With the other he commits goblin genocide. A true neutral.

E Dance the dance of friendship!

Are the chains made out of that new metal the previous gate was made out of?

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!
E I like the idea of talking to the bearhog. I wonder, if the artifacts in this room seem to be crudely made could this have been a child's room, and this a child's pet?

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

E

Is there any food in the tower, or did we bring any? Whatever this is is apt to be hungry, and that's the best way to make friends
. Maybe lay out some different foods/pieces of wood/things lying around to see if it wants to eat any of them.

We should be able to utilize our experience of being around/raising animals for decades here.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

E.

The need for mercy here outweighs the need to avoid destruction. And if we’re mercy killing it we should afford it a chance to communicate first to make sure we have not misread the situation.

I’d be wary of offending its owner, but if this creature is a Snarls-alike then its owner is dead or it wouldn’t be chained like this.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
E

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

If we end up riding this thing back to Kavodel, I will be so happy. SURPRISED AS gently caress. But happy.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Diogines posted:

You can reach a little bit past your actual fingers. Your ability to mystically move things has a very limited range.

Worst wizard ever.

What about using superhuman reflexes to lassoing poo poo from the shelves with some rope?

Polgas
Sep 2, 2018

With one hand he saves gebs. With the other he commits goblin genocide. A true neutral.

Any Old Tales about heathen idols made out of red cedar being reused/carved into something else in service to El?

Do the piles of idols look arranged like say flowers or get well cards you bring someone sick? All idols looking towards the chained creature?

Polgas fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Apr 26, 2019

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Hey Snarls what do you think this giant chained groundhog thing is? Prey? Bad-Smeller?

Question for ourselves: Using our stupendous memory for details, do the number of idols and trinkets on the shelves roughly match the amount of names on the wall where the Battle Tower began?

Swedish Thaumocracy fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Apr 26, 2019

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

C, cool room, but don't poke the sleeping bear. :yikes:

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Slaan posted:

I I WANT TO EAT THE STATUTE

+1 to this.

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!

Slaan posted:

I I WANT TO EAT THE STATUTE

DELICIOUS STATUE

EAT THE STATUE

Ubern00b
Nov 4, 2009
Why not,

I, eat the statue.
Write-in add:
Eat a smaller statue first.

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
A, then sacrifice it to El.

If it communicates with us it will be bound by the same convenient secrecy as literally everything else we've talked to, or it's language won't quite be understandable, or it will run away, etc.

Just kill it and get powerups from El.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

B

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
If it was once human and we use the bow, we're hosed, CF the flying Nuskite.

BoyG
Nov 24, 2004

Have you heard the tale of the Cannibal King of Kavodel?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
most kinds of dogs like to be petted, and most kinds of animals are basically specialized breeds of dogs, if you think about it.
B

Polgas
Sep 2, 2018

How much does enkidel know of ground hog behavior? How to soothe one that is agitated?

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Diogines posted:

You shut your mind off utterly to outside forces.

Then E

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(

AJ_Impy posted:

If it was once human and we use the bow, we're hosed, CF the flying Nuskite.

We wouldn't have, because we hadn't even considered the possibility. Now you've mentioned it and hosed us all.

Nusku priest was a cat that turned into a. Human, completely ok to bow him.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

So this is the creature that animates the enemies on the battle tower I think, with the idols being for different rooms and quality matching power. Among the bsd quality idols, do we see a groundhog like the one we killed?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Nothingtoseehere posted:

So this is the creature that animates the enemies on the battle tower I think, with the idols being for different rooms and quality matching power. Among the bsd quality idols, do we see a groundhog like the one we killed?
You see many idols of groundhogs, rabbits and mixes thereof.

Polgas posted:

How much does enkidel know of ground hog behavior? How to soothe one that is agitated?
You have never heard of or seen one prior to entering this building. To you, it looks like some kind of burrowing animal you've never heard of before.

Swedish Thaumocracy posted:

Hey Snarls what do you think this giant chained groundhog thing is? Prey? Bad-Smeller?
Predator?

Swedish Thaumocracy posted:

Question for ourselves: Using our stupendous memory for details, do the number of idols and trinkets on the shelves roughly match the amount of names on the wall where the Battle Tower began?
Your stupendous memory relies upon information that you have and you are not able to count every single item on the shelves at a quick look. There are long rows of shelves with many hundreds, thousands of idols and other pieces of groundhog-rabbit themed art.

Polgas posted:

Any Old Tales about heathen idols made out of red cedar being reused/carved into something else in service to El?
No. However, you well know that profane idols are among the most desirable offerings to El, possibly second only to the actual corpses of demons?

Polgas posted:

Do the piles of idols look arranged like say flowers or get well cards you bring someone sick? All idols looking towards the chained creature?
Enkidel is not familiar with bringing cards or flowers to sick people so has no frame of reference for that. Most of the idols face out from the shelf, but not directly at the chained statue. The shelves extend all the way to the edge of the tower, so they go well past the statue.

Victis posted:

Is there any food in the tower, or did we bring any? Whatever this is is apt to be hungry, and that's the best way to make friends[/b]. Maybe lay out some different foods/pieces of wood/things lying around to see if it wants to eat any of them.
You have food. You also found some here, though you have not eaten any.

Polgas posted:

Are the chains made out of that new metal the previous gate was made out of?[/b]
They look to be made of electrum?

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Electrum's a really weird choice for chain material, way too soft and easy to break. Maybe the chains aren't there to physically restrain it?

MetricUnit
Jan 2, 2005
E

Diogines posted:

You have food. You also found some here, though you have not eaten any.

What kind of food did we find/Is it Urian style food?
Is there any bread to go with the toaster hot coil crisper heretical kitchen tools?
Does any of it seem to be fresh?
Is there any alcohol?

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

So, uh.... maybe the place isn't as abandoned as we thought if there's fresh food laying around

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

The chains only look like electrum. It's probably something else, nothing in here has been what we expected it to be, even the wood seems magic.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Olothreutes posted:

The chains only look like electrum. It's probably something else, nothing in here has been what we expected it to be, even the wood seems magic.

Any theories on what they actually are? I can't immediately think of any strong metals that have a silverish-gold color. I guess they could be magical bullshit with no Earth parallel.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(

Crazycryodude posted:

So, uh.... maybe the place isn't as abandoned as we thought if there's fresh food laying around

Before we climbed there were heartbeats on the upper floors, they seem to have disappeared once we went up. But we haven't bothered investigating because eh, too much effort.

We need Uriay to awaken so he can yell about how drat stupid we are to be ignoring the beings that LIVE in here.

Edit:

U- "Hold on Enkidel, you heard heartbeats on the upper floors?"

E - "That's correct!"

U- "And you found fresh food in here?"

E - "Correct again!"

U - "And you spend the last few hours doing what exactly? (While leaving me completely defenseless may I add)"

E - "This thing embiggens things!"

U - "..."

Mr. Nemo fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Apr 26, 2019

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

MetricUnit posted:

E

What kind of food did we find/Is it Urian style food?
Is there any bread to go with the toaster hot coil crisper heretical kitchen tools?
Does any of it seem to be fresh?
Is there any alcohol?
You saw some fruit and bread on some of the tables on the grandest of the dining areas downstairs and more than one place which looked like it was storing sealed bottles of a liquid near a kitchen, maybe wine?

As noted in the updates describing your initial exploration, everything is neat and tidy and it looks almost as if this place was still inhabited but it's occupanrst were just... gone. Nothing is out of place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Crazycryodude posted:

Any theories on what they actually are? I can't immediately think of any strong metals that have a silverish-gold color. I guess they could be magical bullshit with no Earth parallel.

Who knows man, they have plastics here. It could be anodized or electroplated