Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Well, no time like the present? From your travel rumors...

Diogines posted:

[*]A suspicious number of villagers and travelers report goblins being spotted in distant places. Almost always just the next city or the next village over and rarely close, but you heard many such accounts. They do exist in the interior in remote and isolated places but you've heard a number of stories of them, too many. Are goblin numbers rising, are they acting more boldly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

If Goblins wanted to be treated like humans they should've had a heart full of El :colbert:h

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

I assume the goblins are being displaced from their underground habitat by the encroaching bnaimokt army, similar to Once Consort.

Edit: Or maybe they're working for Barkof similar to Jesbaam's arrangement. I suspect Barkof had a plan to evade Tudiya's wrath by disappearing under the donut and that it succeeded. I can't picture a Melachim intervention in the donut unless Barkof did something truly egregious like burning a temple.

malbogio fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Aug 16, 2019

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Polgas posted:

Really we should be getting kavodel to make a bunch of bnaimokt face mask so we can capture some for tudiya to interrogate post battle to get a concrete idea on how badly losses are. Although we actually need blooded restraints because normal grunts won't know enough and we need to go after officers. Baring melachim meddling I don't think we can capture bnaimokt danal but maybe the blighty man equivalent of a vet ball.

There doesn't seem to be much point in this any more, considering they get their minds wiped before being sent out.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Yeah the only ones who likely have a greater amount of knowledge are the priests, sorcerers and obviously tent demon itself but there's 0 way to capture it alive so.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

ChaseSP posted:

Yeah the only ones who likely have a greater amount of knowledge are the priests, sorcerers and obviously tent demon itself but there's 0 way to capture it alive so.

Exploding arrow of OC gooze?

Polgas
Sep 2, 2018

With one hand he saves gebs. With the other he commits goblin genocide. A true neutral.

I thought they got a mindwipe about things that happened before they reach fort fare but after that its good? Didn't the interrogations reveal actual memories inside the fort like women minotaurs, standing guard and some fare worship but Tudiya refused to reveal it.

Unless we get lucky and capture an actual leader we should settle for people in the fort with some rank now.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Chick minotaurs is from them I think, we have no evidence of cow ladies personally or thru our guys, and they seem to protect them specifically and keep them away from any kind of combat or outside exposure, iirc

Pops not revealing the ultimate depravity worship or whatever is fine by me. These days I'm more willing to toe the line because it seems like ye ancestral traditions and the ideas of the olds aren't merely calcified unbending bullshit philosophies that exist only for the sake of olds -- obviously there's something to it that we don't fully get and maybe fully gay communistic urianism is not currently implemented for reasons other than "someone as good and cool as us hasn't thought of it yet."

Obviously this will be accomplished when the time is right which will surely be soon, but maybe not yet.

Although probably demon worship practises are just sick poo poo that needs scoured out of existence, there's some slim chance that it could be a little too close to how we worship El to be comfortable, sort of like the mega idol rooms in the tower

Anyway it'll be sweet to talk poo poo with the moth shaman and then continue on and get insanely awesome stuff and knowledge so we can easily retake kitron and prosecute a real rear end war vs demons who obviously must be destroyed utterly even to the last generation, and the ultimate atom of bullshit will be fizzled out and then people can be assured to at least live humanely instead of even the hypothetical possibility of becoming livestock

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

I just had a thought. What if the deal Labaras made wasn’t to power up the blooded and give them an afterlife? What if the deal was allowing normal humans to just die and not exist anymore? We know that Gebebans were in First/Second/Giants for eons. What if the deal was ‘give these men insane powers to protect my people and you may keep their souls. but regular men will from now on know the peace of death.’ What if Labaras killed demons and saw how men persisted in perpetuity and was horrified? We as half-melachim feel this as wrong because we innately feel that souls should persist as the pantokrator intended but the deal that was struck is against nature?

I dunno I just had this thought that we are looking at things wrong because of what we are taught and should re-examine the fundamental concepts from square one.

Greggster
Aug 14, 2010

ChaseSP posted:

Last I was aware aaron is slowly getting more blooded over time again and Samson was a loving idiot who was spurned by our own stupidity in acting like us almost fainting was a case of the vapors from being around monsters.

Yeah, running headfirst into obvious extreme danger without any regard whatsoever as to if it's the smart move or not is just stupid, it's not like we've ever done anything like that. :)

Crazycryodude posted:

Yeah Aaron's presence stopped being weird and started (very slowly) growing again, and Amos said he'd be fine with enough time. He's not permanently burned out, just set back a few decades. Bad, but not unrecoverable, in the grand scheme of things it's not a devastating loss especially with everyone else growing more swole to pick up the slack he left. Losing like, what, 80k chaff and a bunch of Blighty Men, clergy, behemoths, slingapults, and who knows what else has got to be a significant blow against the Bnaimokt. If they can just shrug off us completely shattering the largest army ever seen, then this war was already over well before it began, we have to assume we actually hurt them at Acco. Losses are an unavoidable part of war, you've just go to make sure the other guy loses harder than you, and I think at Acco we definitely managed that. Losing Samson and downgrading Aaron hurts, but were hopefully acceptable casualties compared to how much damage we dealt in return.

Not to mention all the tens of thousands of lives their sacrifices saved, Acco is still standing tall instead of being a charred bone-pit full of human sacrifice remains. That alone is arguably worth it, but I think we managed to score both a moral victory in saving the entire city and ALSO a strategic victory in how bad we smashed the Bnaimokt.

The whole zepathans & ur vs the world seems almost a bit like what happened in world war 2, with Fare&Asherah seemingly having a completely infinite pool of resources they can muster from their realms whereas every loss we take is a completely irreplacable resource that really needs to bring down several times their own worth to be worth it.

They're the allies, and we're the axis.

Greggster fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Aug 17, 2019

Greggster
Aug 14, 2010
e; I'm stupid and click reply instead of edit

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Greggster posted:

e; I'm stupid and click reply instead of edit

Are we the baddies? That kind of ties in with my post a minute ago. We’re the bad guys because we are letting a finite resource of human souls expire because the concept of them being used for fuel for divinity is ghastly to us. But literally everyone else in the world that isn’t a Urian thinks we’re the monsters because that’s just how the world works.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Greggster posted:

The whole zepathans & ur vs the world seems almost a bit like what happened in world war 2, with Fare&Asherah seemingly having a completely infinite pool of resources they can muster from their realms whereas every loss we take is a completely irreplacable resource that really needs to bring down several times their own worth to be worth it.

There's an endless stream of depraved monstrosities climbing out of the West to carry off out children to the all consuming maw of capitalism America Asherah.

Yup checks out.

Edit: Can't forget the Aryan Urian people are the chosen master race practising eugenics.

:thunk: We are the baddies.

Z the IVth fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Aug 17, 2019

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Greggster posted:

Yeah, running headfirst into obvious extreme danger without any regard whatsoever as to if it's the smart move or not is just stupid, it's not like we've ever done anything like that. :)

Only in the sense that we are fighting in "our" lands and are completely unable to prosecute war in alien territory beyond some one off bullshit maneuvers

There are no other similarities.

Z the IVth posted:

There's an endless stream of depraved monstrosities climbing out of the West to carry off out children to the all consuming maw of capitalism America Asherah.

Yup checks out.

Edit: Can't forget the Aryan Urian people are the chosen master race practising eugenics.

:thunk: We are the baddies.

Get smited :argh:

I will remind the thread that the Ur wars are a billion years old because LITERAL DEMONS THAT EAT PEOPLE, and also there is an appearance of there being a different metaphysical underpinning to the world

I'm gettin riled by this

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Fuckin goons

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

I keep thinking of Mr Shows Ronnie Dobbs saying ‘y’all don’t want to see me riled’ and it’s very funny.

also, maybe in the grand scheme of things we are the baddies? on a celestial level?

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Chick minotaurs is from them I think, we have no evidence of cow ladies personally or thru our guys, and they seem to protect them specifically and keep them away from any kind of combat or outside exposure, iirc

Pops not revealing the ultimate depravity worship or whatever is fine by me.

I personally feel think his hesitance to talk about how they worship Fare may have been less “2 depraved 4 U” and more “um....this iconography is disturbingly familiar”

Other tidbits iirc were the Oldemokt coming in specially for the raid, everyone being poo poo scared of him, the mindwipe potion having a failure rate, demonpede stables, slaves being marched further into the interior,

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

I will remind the thread that the Ur wars are a billion years old because LITERAL DEMONS THAT EAT PEOPLE, and also there is an appearance of there being a different metaphysical underpinning to the world

I'm gettin riled by this

Whatever is happening in Ur during the Jubilees since we came on the scene hasn't happened in anyone's lifetime or at least many, MANY generations before us. It's unheard of in 'modern' times.

Yeah demons have existed in some nebulous 'past'. This poo poo right here? Totally different.

edit: I mean how deep in denial was Tudiya until just recently? The real danger is him becoming irreversibly isolationist just to protect Zepath/Kavodel, which just won't work.

Victis fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Aug 17, 2019

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Tudiya is becoming less isolationist when presented with what’s happening. Dad would have never considered bringing the A-team to Acco 50 years ago much less using his special powers to make it work. It’s good.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Until we get actual solid confirmation of what's really going on regarding souls and the non physical world all this theorizing is kind of a waste of time. The most important thing is getting hard evidence about how things work. We know the status quo is getting literal cities full of people marched off to soul torture to fuel the fare machine or sucked into Asherah's gaping maw so things need to change or were all doomed. But we can't act until we know how things work.

Anyone/thing that stands in the way of knowledge gain is potentially dooming hundreds of thousands of people to fates literally worse than death and therefore is an enemy of humanity and can be treated as such.

What I'm saying is stop handing over our intel to the angel gestapo you ninnies.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

TK-42-1 posted:

I keep thinking of Mr Shows Ronnie Dobbs saying ‘y’all don’t want to see me riled’ and it’s very funny.

also, maybe in the grand scheme of things we are the baddies? on a celestial level?

[Riledness intensifies]

We are obviously not the baddies:
There was a certain philosophizer like uh... some doctor uh... iirc there was some hippo who said that all morality comes from god, or some thing like that. So in that vein

OBVIOUSLY at least some of our actions are in some way acceptable to El, therefore they are ok, and inherently not entirely bad, or maybe even inherently good. Because El is essentially the font of righteousness it's fine. Things that are more pleasing to El, who is proven to be good and righteous, are also good things and/or righteous things.

This includes Ruth becoming a Major Badass among those that would be otherwise be losers who suck and are irrelevant. This is ok for El, and ok for us, and I argue ok for society, so not only is it righteous, it is good.

Being an Idiot Dickhead like maybe the king of Sier or whatever, while potentially acceptable and righteous, is Bad, and should be avoided by the thread imo

In this paradigm I just mostly made up right now, OBVIOUSLY El is the bottom line arbiter of good and bad, righteous and evil, but there is some leeway. Righteously acceptable things, such as some forms of slavery, are obviously bad, but not big time Evil in the same way cannibalistic blood sorcery is.

Similarly, there may be good things that are "evil:" this is probably extreme borderline poo poo that is almost heresy (heresy being inherently against El and so it is Evil, even if it is not bad and seems to do good).

Basically there is good and bad: what benefit and damage people no matter their situation; and righteousness and evil: what is aligned with the will of God, or opposed to it.

Demons, to our knowledge are at least bad in every case, and probably evil in every case, so they should be stomped in every case. Any idea that they are insufficiently righteous or perhaps evil is due to our theological knowledge or lack of it.

But they're fucks, destroy them unless we get word from on high to not.

alpaca diseases posted:

I personally feel think his hesitance to talk about how they worship Fare may have been less “2 depraved 4 U” and more “um....this iconography is disturbingly familiar”

Other tidbits iirc were the Oldemokt coming in specially for the raid, everyone being poo poo scared of him, the mindwipe potion having a failure rate, demonpede stables, slaves being marched further into the interior,

Honestly I'm REAL INTERESTED in the way their society is set up and would vote to investigate it, but when it comes down to it if it were a choice between wiping them out and not uh... I mean they abduct kids, gently caress a society like that glass that poo poo.

Victis posted:

Whatever is happening in Ur during the Jubilees since we came on the scene hasn't happened in anyone's lifetime or at least many, MANY generations before us. It's unheard of in 'modern' times.

Yeah demons have existed in some nebulous 'past'. This poo poo right here? Totally different.

edit: I mean how deep in denial was Tudiya until just recently? The real danger is him becoming irreversibly isolationist just to protect Zepath/Kavodel, which just won't work.

I don't entirely agree. What was may again be. The old stories say it was way more intense and everything was seemingly a big deal back then. Perhaps there are seasons to it that are ill understood by people with short lives?

We should still guard against the worst possibilities, it's only prudent.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Righteously acceptable things, such as some forms of slavery, are obviously bad, but not big time Evil in the same way cannibalistic blood sorcery is.

Or generational slavery and bondage is in same ballpark evil as blood sacrifice and any God who allows it is actually a huge piece of poo poo regardless of whatever good he does? And that God should only be tolerated as long as its useful and if an opertunity to replace it comes up you should take it?

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Outrail posted:

Or generational slavery and bondage is in same ballpark evil as blood sacrifice and any God who allows it is actually a huge piece of poo poo regardless of whatever good he does? And that God should only be tolerated as long as its useful and if an opertunity to replace it comes up you should take it?

Every being from the old days has lamented the short bullshit lives of humans in the contemporary age. When society was formed, 50 years maximum of slavery was probably like taking a sabbatical from work or a gap year.

Polgas
Sep 2, 2018

With one hand he saves gebs. With the other he commits goblin genocide. A true neutral.

You know I didn't really appreciate the sheer scale of the Mt. Har soul vacuum but to be effective at minimum at gebek is impressive. And it worked on Goliath too not just some urian dead. Good thing Enkidel didn't immediately kill him and took away his orb then killed him.

Maybe next jubilee if the vacuum is having trouble all the kavodel dead during the battle will just orbit enkidel like at Tanaach but this time there's a pull towards him since he loves them too much. Definitely need to check if going to the temple will do anything.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

TK-42-1 posted:

Every being from the old days has lamented the short bullshit lives of humans in the contemporary age. When society was formed, 50 years maximum of slavery was probably like taking a sabbatical from work or a gap year.

Right now people are born to slaves and into slavery and die in slavery and their kids are born into slavery. The system that rules society either doesn't know about it or does, either way allows it. The divine system gets no benefit from slaves instead of a free human, they just let it happen. That's not the action of a God worthy of worship.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Outrail posted:

slaves slavery slavery slavery

hello, old friend

it’s been too long

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Outrail posted:

We can't sing broken bones back together, I don't think it works like that.

Have we tried whistling near a sleeping injured person? We should try that.

We do heal quickly, but since we got the Well knowledge during Breathgate we've got no way of knowing if that's a coincidence. We need to find some kind of minor trinket with a power we don't have, see what effect it has on the Well.

Polgas
Sep 2, 2018

The actual pro tier hunger strat is to eat small pieces of blooded bronze until Enkidel's skin becomes invincible.

We then point and laugh at the king of sier for being foolish and just changing his skin color to gold.

This has the advantage of using up a precious but still renewable resource.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Polgas posted:

The actual pro tier hunger strat is to eat small pieces of blooded bronze until Enkidel's skin becomes invincible.

We then point and laugh at the king of sier for being foolish and just changing his skin color to gold.

I agree, let's add things onto our diet, see if metal and jewels make us grow better.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Slavery is really bad but the justice system is nowhere near developed enough to support something like a rehabilitative prison system as the go-to punishment for crimes instead. The obvious synthesis here is that all crimes in Ur should be punished by Enkidel-administered gulags where criminals can pay back their debt to society doing socially necessary labor like building anti-demon fortifications. This does not count as slavery because it's us running it and we're not a slaver.

Polgas
Sep 2, 2018

Great grandson onan is already on the case and can provide valuable field experience on running a penal legion.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Polgas posted:

Great grandson onan is already on the case and can provide valuable field experience on running a penal legion.

If only Onan had taken up a farming career. Then he could spill as much of his seed on the ground as he likes.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Polgas posted:

:bisonyes:

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope

Outrail posted:

Right now people are born to slaves and into slavery and die in slavery and their kids are born into slavery. The system that rules society either doesn't know about it or does, either way allows it. The divine system gets no benefit from slaves instead of a free human, they just let it happen. That's not the action of a God worthy of worship.

You can't see it, but I'm making the "jerking self off" hand motion really hard.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Crazycryodude posted:

Slavery is really bad but the justice system is nowhere near developed enough to support something like a rehabilitative prison system as the go-to punishment for crimes instead. The obvious synthesis here is that all crimes in Ur should be punished by Enkidel-administered gulags where criminals can pay back their debt to society doing socially necessary labor like building anti-demon fortifications. This does not count as slavery because it's us running it and we're not a slaver.

I'm talking more about the institutionalized generational slavery in the donut where you're born a slave and die a slave. There's no justifying that in any way.

Zodiac5000 posted:

You can't see it, but I'm making the "jerking self off" hand motion really hard.

So you disagree?

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

Crazycryodude posted:

That's small time thinking!

We need to slowly seed the idea via rumor that good advice and a verbal tongue lashing from a particularly Mighty authority figure can absolve a sufficiently penitent-sounding person of all crimes, past present and future. Before long we'll have people demanding that Enkidel, as Magistrate, use his power of command to Compel them to never commit crimes and always be productive to society without us having to violate their free will!

Culturally pressured yet perfectly willing mind-slaves!

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
That sounds good in theory but kinda feels like a hundred squirrels zero friction sliding into some really bad poo poo.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

JosephWongKS posted:

If only Onan had taken up a farming career. Then he could spill as much of his seed on the ground as he likes.

I wonder if there's such a thing as blooded farming? I know that a well-tended garden or orchard is a point of pride among many well-blooded men, and there's a budding (ha) cadre of botanists running the Gardens of Kavodel, but I don't know if there's anybody who's made their Mighty Hobby breeding superior strains of grain and tending their fields with blooded talent to maximize yields. We should try and encourage some of our plant nerds back home to look into trying to breed Kavodelian Barley to go with the Zepathan Donkeys and Blooded Bees.

And then of course breed vast fields of it and export the seeds to Dor and Acco along with wheelbarrows and seed drills. Ur's first GMO staple crop!

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Aug 17, 2019

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Outrail posted:

That sounds good in theory but kinda feels like a hundred squirrels zero friction sliding into some really bad poo poo.

Did we ever get admonished for the SHUT UP spell in the ToM-K? There had to be someone watching thinking 'oh bb what is you doin?'

Crazycryodude posted:

I wonder if there's such a thing as blooded farming? I know that a well-tended garden or orchard is a point of pride among many well-blooded men, and there's a budding (ha) cadre of botanists running the Gardens of Kavodel, but I don't know if there's anybody who's made their Mighty Hobby breeding superior strains of grain and tending their fields with blooded talent to maximize yields. We should try and encourage some of our plant nerds back home to look into trying to breed Kavodelian Barley to go with the Zepathan Donkeys and Blooded Bees.

And then of course breed vast fields of it and export the seeds to Dor and Acco along with wheelbarrows and seed drills.

There was that one time Ishamal walked with us in the farm and gave pro farming tips about crop rotation and soil replenishment. Not sure if that counts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

If we eat everyone that's immoral, we'll be stronger to beat away stronger immoral people while still keeping all the cool people around!