Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Save Target As posted:

How old is our lil baby now? 2-3? We should get him a doggie in a year or two. Maybe Snarls can help pick out a dog with us to be our lil guy's companion.
A little over 7 months old.

WhiteOutMouse posted:

Ask Ish about "Do Not Destroy". This is not a traditional monster like the goblins, and it is a baby. What is an honorable man to do? We know the easy answer now is kill it, but Ish didn't take the easy route with us either. We don't want to ruin our lives and make Ish disappointed in our decisions, but what are we really going to do with such a mandate over our heads?
"It is a decree to not distort nature, to not do grievous injury to the countryside. To not use great powers to do great injury to the world. To normal men it is a command to not destroy that which belongs to children yet unborn but it was meant for men of greater power."

Greggster posted:

Question for DiogHave we asked Snarls, and also Tudiya about bringing in a pup for young Ash to have as a friend?
This is something easily done if you wish to. Dogs are easily available.

Greggster posted:

Would it be smarter to bring in a little older dog perhaps?
This is an interesting question but not really a question for me?

SerSpook posted:

I want to ask Ishamal if he believes Indor to be evil.
"Who am I to sit in judgment upon her? I have little to say of her" Ishamal says "and do not take my silence as a granting of blessing or license for what she does."

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

QUESTION FOR ISHAMAL or our memory: How long did it take to travel from Anthar? I want to guess how long Danal might be gone if he went there.
The trip is 6 months. 2 months outside of the forest, four months through it.

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

QUESTION FOR ISHAMAL: Is killing a rare beast a wrong thing to do? Would that goes against do not destroy?
"Animals which do not trouble cities can surely be taken for food or hides but should be left alone. There is enough room for all beneath the sun. Leave strange animals far from the cities, alone."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

My eyes seriously cross whenever I see one of your huge posts.

Hey, not reading the questions is fine with me as long as you look over the answers. Knowledge is power!

Speaking of which, as requested on IRC, I've divided the questions in "Essential" and "Non-essential."

Essentials posted:

How do you know about our dealings with Indor?

Why didn't you tell Tudiya about it?

Why did you not censure me or otherwise comment about my dealings with her before?

Is it safe to deal with her? Why?

Are her items be safe, and do they have hidden costs?

What exactly is she?

If Tudiya were to banish me for my dealings with Indor, would I still be able to receive the benefits of your guidance with respect to my potential?

Indor seemed capable of...shielding herself from the sight of Smythos. How is that possible?

Why do you say you won't have to deal with her mess?

How much truth is there in Indor's words?

She offered to teach me of her own powers. Would it be safe to accept that offer?

Do you know what her goals and desires are?

Have you any idea what her long-term plans might be for me?

Have I ever told you what a terribly patient and helpful fellow you are in answering all my endless questions, and that despite appearances I do in fact greatly appreciate your time and patience in answering them? (THIS ONE IS IMPORTANT)

Non-essentials posted:

What is witchcraft? Is it good or evil?

Have you ever seen those like Indor before? If so, what were their fates?

What exactly is the nature of her magic and her wonders?

Is it bad that I am dealing with her? Why?

If I tried to stop dealing with her now, I suspect she will use blackmail to extort one last favor out of me before allowing me to depart, assuming she does not simply try to compel me to continue working for her. If she does ask me one last favor, no doubt great and dangerous, do you think it wise to comply?

Why did you only choose to bring her up now?

Do you know where she came from?

Indor once suggested that I harvest items from monsters while they still lived, though disabled, which would result in more powerful ingredients. I turned her down, but would it have been right to accept her suggestion?

Do you think her works are heretical?

Have you ever dealt or spoken much with her yourself?

Do you know if Puabi is indeed her biological daughter?

Are there any others whom we might safely consult to gain more knowledge about Indor and what she is?

What do you suppose she might be able to make if I gave her the roc egg, or the newly-hatched roc?

Do you know if Indor knows that you know about her dealings with me?

Indor has promised "great wonders" if we offer her fresher ingredients. Do you know what sort of thing she might make, given access to such ingredients?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
QUESTION FOR ISHAMAL: Since the cat is out of the bag, remove our goat charm and rat skull necklace and show them to Ishamal. Ask him what he thinks of them, if they and other charms like them are safe.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
B + F

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Tomn's ridiculous huge list of questions posted:

How do you know about our dealings with Indor?
"I do" Ishamal says.

quote:

Why didn't you tell Tudiya about it?
"Tudiya is King and claimed you as his son. It is for him to handle a matter of his city, not me."

quote:

Why did you not censure me or otherwise comment about my dealings with her before?
"Smythos is his resplendant glory rebuked you and a portion of your heart held anger rather than accepting His wisdom. You have a rebellious spirit. How much more so would you disregard my teachings if I intervined with Indor?"

quote:

Is it safe to deal with her? Why?
Are her items be safe, and do they have hidden costs?
"That is for you to decide."

quote:

What exactly is she?
"An old woman? Ask her."

quote:

If Tudiya were to banish me for my dealings with Indor, would I still be able to receive the benefits of your guidance with respect to my potential?
"I promised to teach. You promised to learn. If Tudiya banished you, I would follow. I keep my promises."

quote:

Indor seemed capable of...shielding herself from the sight of Smythos. How is that possible?
"Is it?"

quote:

Why do you say you won't have to deal with her mess?
Do you know what her goals and desires are?
Have you any idea what her long-term plans might be for me?
"Indor is your concern to deal with. You've heard enough warnings of her. I've naught more to add."

quote:

How much truth is there in Indor's words?
"Whatever there is. I've little to say of her."

quote:

She offered to teach me of her own powers. Would it be safe to accept that offer?
"Do not learn from her."

quote:

Have I ever told you what a terribly patient and helpful fellow you are in answering all my endless questions, and that despite appearances I do in fact greatly appreciate your time and patience in answering them? (THIS ONE IS IMPORTANT)
"I don't believe you have" he says with a small hint of amusement.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

JT Jag posted:

QUESTION FOR ISHAMAL: Since the cat is out of the bag, remove our goat charm and rat skull necklace and show them to Ishamal. Ask him what he thinks of them, if they and other charms like them are safe.
Do people want to do this? This is definitely a minivote.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

I obviously vote yes on the minivote I just caused.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Diogines posted:

Sure, go for it. I think he'd appreciate the gesture even if he refuses to do anything regarding it.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
No on the minivote. I figure he knows about them already, and don't expect meaningful answers.

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.
^^^^drat it! Beat me to it Vavrek.

Diogines posted:

Nope. If WE can sense presence, and the items give off some, I'm sure he already knows because he can see prescence as well. If they were eeeeeeeeeeeviiiiiiil, he would have said something.

He's just going to say "Don't dabble in Indor's teachings".

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

No on the minivote.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Task Manager posted:

Nope. if WE can sense presence, and the items give off some, I'm sure he already knows brcause he can see prescence as well. If they were eeeeeeeeeeeviiiiiiil, he would have said something.

He's just going to say "Don't dabble in Indor's teachings"
If you think he already knows, we can only gain by asking about them. He'll appreciate our trusting him enough to ask.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

Diogines posted:

Go for it. Who knows, he might have something to say about the nature of the items.

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons
No on the minivote

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
1. D new vote
2. BGF
Minivote: No It's pointless, as others have observed.

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.

JT Jag posted:

If you think he already knows, we can only gain by asking about them. He'll appreciate our trusting him enough to ask.

What we will gain is Ishamal telling us not to deal with Indor without further clarifying why and half the thread will bring up "Hey I never wanted to deal with Indor in the first place!" And can we please not do that again.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Tomn's ridiculous huge list of questions, part deus posted:

What is witchcraft? Is it good or evil?
"Indor values her privacy. I have no reason to violate it. If you wish to learn of her, ask of her, or perhaps others. I don't imagine you would enjoy it if I told others your secrets?"

Ishamal likewise refuses to give you more answers about the juicy bits concerning Indor, including the following question:

quote:

Have you ever seen those like Indor before? If so, what were their fates?
What exactly is the nature of her magic and her wonders?
Do you know where she came from?
Do you think her works are heretical?
Have you ever dealt or spoken much with her yourself?
Do you know if Puabi is indeed her biological daughter?

quote:

If I tried to stop dealing with her now, I suspect she will use blackmail to extort one last favor out of me before allowing me to depart, assuming she does not simply try to compel me to continue working for her. If she does ask me one last favor, no doubt great and dangerous, do you think it wise to comply?
"She won't expose you, fearing Tudiya's wrath. She may threaten it, she would not do it. I don't think so anyway."

quote:

Why did you only choose to bring her up now?
"Passingly, of the many interests you have you would surely not surrender to be nursemaid to that bird."

quote:

Indor once suggested that I harvest items from monsters while they still lived, though disabled, which would result in more powerful ingredients. I turned her down, but would it have been right to accept her suggestion?
Ishamal frowns. "Are you asking me if it is alright to carve a living creature to pieces while plucking out bit's of it? Is that your question?"

quote:

Are there any others whom we might safely consult to gain more knowledge about Indor and what she is?
"Perhaps if you find them. I won't point the way."

quote:

What do you suppose she might be able to make if I gave her the roc egg, or the newly-hatched roc?
"Ask her."

quote:

Do you know if Indor knows that you know about her dealings with me?
He shrugs.

quote:

Indor has promised "great wonders" if we offer her fresher ingredients. Do you know what sort of thing she might make, given access to such ingredients?
He shrugs.

quote:

Is it bad that I am dealing with her? Why?
See answer included in batch 1.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 13:01 on May 7, 2014

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Yes on the minivote, we got nothing to lose by asking! And plenty of non-meaningful answers to gain!

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

A tenacious little mouse!

Diogines posted:

"Who am I to sit in judgment upon her? I have little to say of her" Ishamal says "and do not take my silence as a granting of blessing or license for what she does."

Indor is less directly harmful than a baby roc.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

Diogines posted:

no on the charms and Ish.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

I want to assure Ishamal we were kind of disgusted by this, as I believe the vote indicated, and we just wanted to know that this is indeed the right response.

Killing in battle is one thing, dissecting while alive is another.

I want to ask Ishamal if he can give us anatomy lessons on why monsters have gems and poo poo in them sometimes. Not the magic, just the why of it. Assuming that is safe.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
No on the charms.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

SerSpook posted:

I want to ask Ishamal if he can give us anatomy lessons on why monsters have gems and poo poo in them sometimes. Not the magic, just the why of it. Assuming that is safe.

"It is their nature" he says.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Mini-Vote:

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

jng2058 posted:

Mini-Vote:

Cornuto
Jun 26, 2012

For the pack!

Diogines posted:

On showing the charms:

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Almost forgot..

ask what a tamil ( or whatever Zepa stone said) is

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

FoxTerrier posted:

Almost forgot..

Talmid.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

A reminder for those who care, the voting icons I, and a few others, use are available here.

e:sp

jng2058 fucked around with this message at 02:12 on May 7, 2014

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

jng2058 posted:

A reminder for those who care, the votig icons I, and a few others, use are available here.

Gold icons here:

http://imgur.com/a/9MzHi

Asherah icons here:

http://imgur.com/a/ttpuC

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

FoxTerrier posted:

Almost forgot..

Ishamal says "I decline to say."

Diogines fucked around with this message at 01:51 on May 7, 2014

Neraren
Sep 15, 2006
Random Nerd #753897
Ask Ish if he thinks Danal may have gone seeking Athar as well, or believes he might be seeking something else?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Voting no on asking about the charms.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Neraren posted:

Ask Ish if he thinks Danal may have gone seeking Athar as well, or believes he might be seeking something else?
"I think he may have done just that, but I do not know."

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Yes to asking about the charms

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Diogines posted:

no

Numeron
Mar 23, 2012

A whole new world in
the palm of my hand.

Diogines posted:

Question 3 is closed.

Question 1 is still open. You can change your votes as you like, if you are changing a vote and NOT casting a new one, please state what your old vote was.
1. You told them(Tudiya and Ishamal)...
C. I told them the truth, I could not found Danal and so I came home. I also told them his trail was leading south, at least a month from Zepath and the trial was old when you found it. His remains were not in the Roc's nest.
D. C. And I assured Tudiya I was certain Danal was fine. I spent lots of time with him in the wilderness and I believe in him.

Question 4 is still open, with all option.

Oh dear, did we really tell Tudiya that we hung out with Danal on his trial? He will not like that at all...

We aren't supposed to interfere on the trial, and "spending lots of time" with him is definately interfering.

VVVV: Oooh ok, I get it

Numeron fucked around with this message at 02:11 on May 7, 2014

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Numeron posted:

Oh dear, did we really tell Tudiya that we hung out with Danal on his trial? He will not like that at all...

No, we said we've been in the wilderness with him before and he did fine, not that we were with him on his trial.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Right Tudiya knows about our camping trips and bringing him with the Balls in the last year or so. He is not going to go "trial interference!" for poo poo he'd known we'd been doing for like three years.

Ask Ishamal if Danal might survive if he went to Athar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
I love asking Ish stuff.

yes to showing charm

If he has a reason to tell us they are bad then boom we got a reason.

WhiteOutMouse fucked around with this message at 02:23 on May 7, 2014