Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Vote closed with B won.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

So, so many wrongvoters!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Diogines posted:

So, so many wrongvoters!

Tell me about it :(

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Adrenaline runs high as the approaching axe-swing become bigger in Shomel vision, the sandal he grips as a futile shield in hand at least resonate well with his will to become more rigid… in fact, both his arm feels like it wants to become rigid in a straighten way, like… like how a leg stood straightly on the ground!

The grip on his hand loosen into a rising palm, evoking the imagery of his feet in Shomel’s mind. As if he had done so with his feet a thousand times, his palm slide into the sandal with finger interlock naturally with the strap. What is going on?

But there's no time to ponder as the impact arrives to meet his palms.

As if the ground has suddenly risen up the ground and slam him into the sky, his old legs gives way for the momentum so that his new legs can receive the blessing of earth to take flight towards the heaven!

Both hardened arm of Shomel accepted the full force of the land, passed it all to his torso, and equally to the rest of his body as he takes flight horizontally in reality, it was a strangely pleasing experience as he sail across the street until the propelling force ran out to a graceful landing.

Silent lingers among all parties as they stare in doubt and disbelieve at the unharmed Shomel who is staring at the sandal on his palm. Their minds is still trying to process what they had seen: Badgu’s axe should have smack that weakest mighty man in the city out cold on the street if not fracturing his bone. Yet, it is more like Badgu had hit a rectangle metal bar that whirl across the street mid-air and landed with the gentlest thud face up.

Meanwhile, Shomel was also in the same state of mind trying to remember why his arm feel like his leg and puzzle out what the hell just happened.

One of Shomel follower seem to have figured it out and shouts his deduction, “I get it now, Shomel! You have been hiding your strength this whole time! Your mighty blood was long awakened!”

Realization dawn on Badgu as he snarls with indignant temper, “You dare to hide your awakening from the patriarch!? So you are a lazy piece of poo poo who pretend to be weak to get all the easy tasks!”

“I…” Shomel did not know how to answer as he stare back at his feet, no, his hands. Is that what happened? His good for nothing mighty blood finally awakened and ALL that feeling and stuff were the power of an awakened mighty man? This is the first time he experience something like THAT before, and it appear to match up with all the badass description of the past mighty man feat?

Looking back up at the disapproving glare of Badgu’s group, Shomel suggests with uncertainty, “Would you believe me if I tell you my blood was awakened just now?”

“Hehe, you can’t even lie with a straight face!” Badgu retort with sharp derision before charging forward with killing intent. “I was planning to capture you, but scum like you should be fed to dogs instead of tarnishing our family name!”

There is no stopping the fight at this point. Badgu is someone who loathe the weak and coward, especially those who dare to cross him in public, which challenge his authority as the rightful heir to the greatest clan in this region.

Thoughts of running away occurs in Shomel mind, it's more urgent to save his mother from the grasp of his terrible father, but that would mean he have to charge back into the heart of the lion den and face off countless impossible adversaries…

Shomel’s full attention returns to his opponent; so be it, let’s see how much his combat capability have improved from the awakening. If he is strong enough, he might be able to sneak his way back home and rescue his mother before his father noticed.

This time, Badgu swing his axe with the blade’s end towards Shomel with no holding back of his annihilating might.

Hairs raised from the chill of death surge across Shomel’s senses, he tries his best to remember the same leg-feeling he had with his awakening, and thankfully, it is still active in his mind. Even the sandal feels right on his palms for some reason… had he awaken his mighty power wrong?

*KLAAAAAAANK*

Regardless, the blooded power of mighty man is a gift of El, so how could it fail to disappoint? Both Shomel’s fold and jolt forward like a kick with never before seen accuracy to graze the hardened sandal over the sharp edge of the axe, sparks from the weapon flew as the sandal grind the axe towards a new course of direction to deflect it from its intended target.

The large axe is tiled downwards in its wide slash towards the ground, it would no doubt be buried deep into the gravel upon impact.

“HGAGGGG!” Badgu’s muscle burgled as he forcefully uplift the axe from its burying momentum as he duck down to transform the swing into a full 360 low cut that slices across the road before rising back up towards the despicable Shomel.

However, how can such a wide attack motion not be easily see through by any mighty man? Moreover from someone who awakened their blooded leg(?) power of some sort?

When Badgu turns around to meet with Shomel, his opponent already jumped above his head, and with his filthy bare feet, landed twenty or so rapid stomps on his face as it gradually shoves his head backward from both accumulated momentum and aversion to the point of him falling off balance.

*Blam*

The ground received the heavyweight mighty man with hundred pounds of equipment, and cracks forms from his impact. Badgu on the ground is still befuddled by the unexpected attack, but he don’t have time to admire the sky as his vision is filled up by a descending Shomel on the sky landing a palm strike with that hardened… sandal(?) to his face. With no time to think, he raised his axe in front of his face to block the descending strike.

Shomel wasn’t a particular strong mighty man, his strike can certainly knock another mighty man back a step or two, but it took his entire weight with two dozen stomps to force Badgu into this disadvantage state. So this simple strike from above might not be enough to get pass Badgu’s strength and his mighty axe…

Structural Integrity: 24
Remnant Power: 41

Please vote on the following list of applicable power for the sandal to improve this particular attack.
The following powers cannot be mix or matched for alternate cost, as the prior lettered powers are require for triggering the next:

Power Cost Total: 0
A) Spend nothing. Let the host continue fighting a very durable opponent.
B) Massively increase the mass of the Sandal.
C) Increase the gravitational pull below the Sandal.

Power Cost Total: 1
D) B and C, Heavy damage to the axe.
E) D, also Imbue piercing force capability to bypass the axe and full damage to the nose.
F) D, also imbue spreading force capability to cause shared damage to the axe and nose.

Power Cost Total : 2
G) D, E and F, bypass the axe to deal full damage to the target’s head instead.
H) G, Utilize the weight, gravity, and co-axis forces to manipulate full body into a Grand Motion Borer.
I) G, Add Molecular Impact Vibration that damage the integrity of the axe.

Power Cost Total: 4
J) Unification of Dynamism, perform ENTELECHY: SPIRAL RAPTURE

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Mar 28, 2024

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
Gushing Spring Point is weirdly absent in these options, for something that's supposed to be in the foot...

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Volmarias posted:

Gushing Spring Point is weirdly absent in these options, for something that's supposed to be in the foot...
That is for emergency resuscitation.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

J - Because I understand some of those words.

Bob Tuskins
Jul 27, 2007

I couldn't imagine life without the beautiful sight of the green horde
H

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

H

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

C, Badguy's axe and arms suddenly weighing more along with the added force from the diving kickpunch should at least get us through his guard again

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Like it’s depths, the oceans power is contained in its most mysterious forces

J

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

I Badgu doesn't deserve the axe, vibrate it to oblivion!

Dr Cheesequake
Dec 23, 2008

I dream of humans and goblins co-existing peacefully
J

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

J

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

No way to just give that moronic militant a mild concussion to make him forget about the fight?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

By popular demand posted:

No way to just give that moronic militant a mild concussion to make him forget about the fight?

Only if Shomel realizes he can press the sandal to both side of Badgu face and make him say “I am a idiot sandwich”

Otherwise it depends on head damage, but his goon would need to forget about it too.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

In that case I'd like to vote for San'Dal (which is how I choose to refer to our intrepid piece of footwear) to hit Unbelivable rear end in a top hat #1's head, bounce to hit UA#2's head, stuning them momentarily and then bouncing back to Shomel's hand.
I don't care how much power this takes.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Nyaa posted:

Only if Shomel realizes he can press the sandal to both side of Badgu face and make him say “I am a idiot sandwich”

Otherwise it depends on head damage, but his goon would need to forget about it too.

This.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Cost calculated.

Edit: i will put this on next vote instead.

Vote close with J winning.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Mar 28, 2024

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

All passive bodies appears as material mass to resist changes in its state of motion and to hinder penetration by other bodies…

However, such bodies are overcame by derivative active force – a form of phenomenally manifested conflict of physical bodies…

These are laws of action that are known not only by reason, but are also proved by the evidence of the senses.

A mighty man is a force of potential granted by El to demonstrate the laws of action upon all bodies, that is why a mere sandal of ??????? can bring such potential into actuality.

To all bystander who observes, Shomel suddenly spin in midair at impossible spin as if dozen of invisible hands are rotating him, so fast that the surrounding wind was dragged into the mighty man’s motion and congregate into a tornado with a turbulence vortex extremity striking directly at the shield that which protects Badgu’s head.

*ZEEEIIIINNNN-CRACKS*

A rare sound of metal being shredded down to the core before breaking apart can be heard before an explosive sound of stomping bores to the ground, stirring up soil and dust into the wildly dispersing winds currents.

Utilizing the gravitational pull and calculated wind flow, the sandal unstrap and slipped off onto the deeply buried face of Badgu in the big hole. Each sandal then stick onto both cheek of the massively damaged face, which makes it easy for the sandal to bypass the tough skin with miniature vine under the sandal to reach for the new host’s nervous system…

New Host Candidate detected…
Constitution and Overall Strength: Very Strong
Symbiosis: Incompatible
Determining alternative for acquisition…

Shomel stares at the big hole that he created, and the dead or unconscious Badgu laying inside. He… did this? This is the power of his blood awakening?

A longer standstill of silent for everyone as the dust finally settled. Shomel let out a sighed at the barely-visible breathing of Badgu, even after such a powerful blow to his head, this cruel man in the hole that wants to kill him still managed to hang on. It would be foolish to let him live, he knows Badgu very well and there would be no end to his pursue for vengeance once he recover.

Kneeing before this cruel man in the hole, Shomel wanted to retrieve the sandal that somehow stick to the cheek of the man before finishing him off, it would be too shameful for a mighty man to die like that, but before he notice it, his hand slipped into the sandal naturally like feet.

As if a triggering a certain connection, flash of memories appears before their mind-

1) 40 years ago, the young Shomel met the slightly older Badgu for the first time, they…
A) Ended up brawling each other with Badgu emerging victory, cementing his bully status for years to come at that idiot Shomel.

Power Cost: 1
B) No, Shomel won and become the bigger brother of them.
C) No, they have a great brotherly relationship with a deep sense of respect for each other.

2) 30 years ago, Shomel’s mother taught them both the virtue of kindness to all other beings…
A) Badgu shrugged at such ideal of weaklings and subscribed to the authoritarian governing belief of father.

B) No, Badgu believe only the worthy deserve kindness.
C) No, Badgu agree wholeheartedly with such virtue and believe all life have value like Shomel. He hated father’s way of viewing others.

3) 20 years ago, Shomel protected a ‘worthless’ family slave of Badgu from being punished to death…
A) Their brotherly relationship rips apart further as their clashing ideal conflict to the point of disdainful for each other’s existence.

B) No, Badgu believe even worthless people can change for the better. He was just scaring the slave to motivate them.
C) No, Badgu believe there is no worthless people, and should all be treated justly. He felt bad for the years of mistreatment of his slave.

4) 10 Years ago, during a family organized hunt…
A) Badgu order the weak and useless Shomel to leave the team while he take everyone to hunt…

B) No, Badgu have a great time hunting with Shomel. They are a great team that can tackle anything!
C) No, Badgu have a great time hunting with Shomel, and even got his life saved by the weaker Shomel. From that day on, Badgu sees the strength in weak and treat Shomel as a true kin above even father who only cares about benefits.

Tears flow down Shomel’s face as he recall his mother’s teaching of kindness. In front of him is the face of his brother who had grew up with him for many years, how could he thought about killing his own kin?

“I am an idiot.” Shomel mutters to himself while his sandal-strapped hand still sandwiching the face of his brother.

5) Resuscitate Badgu with a powerful brain signal shock to the Gushing Spring Point neuron? May cause minor memory lost. (No extra cost at this instance)
A) Yes.
B) No.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

quote:

brain signal shock to the Gushing Spring Point neuron

FINALLY!

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

1A
2B
3B
4C
5A

:unsmith:

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
1C
2C
3C
4B
5A

Bob Tuskins
Jul 27, 2007

I couldn't imagine life without the beautiful sight of the green horde
A
A
A
A
B

gently caress em

Bob Tuskins fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Mar 29, 2024

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe
1) 40 years ago, the young Shomel met the slightly older Badgu for the first time, they…
A) Ended up brawling each other with Badgu emerging victory, cementing his bully status for years to come at that idiot Shomel.

2) 30 years ago, Shomel’s mother taught them both the virtue of kindness to all other beings…
B) No, Badgu believe only the worthy deserve kindness.

3) 20 years ago, Shomel protected a ‘worthless’ family slave of Badgu from being punished to death…
B) No, Badgu believe even worthless people can change for the better. He was just scaring the slave to motivate them.

4) 10 Years ago, during a family organized hunt…
A) Badgu order the weak and useless Shomel to leave the team while he take everyone to hunt…

5A

Nice dramatic story. Badgu still has a reason to disdain and want to stop Shomel to the point of attacking, but his backstory is changed so that he never means to do more than scare him. Also, his current pummeling and subsequent revival gives him reason to respect Shomel and stop the fight of his own volition.

Brainwashing with minimal inception poo poo.

It's okay because it's a side quest, right?

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

AAAAA

Theres safety in numbers, but, the more fish added to the school, the bigger the predator who’ll come to feed

Let’s keep the mind altering to a minimum, lest our sandals goer stolen by a deceptively ordinary person

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
The gushing spring point used to be my specialty

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Slaan posted:

The gushing spring point used to be my specialty

:wink:

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

A Terrible Person posted:

Nice dramatic story. Badgu still has a reason to disdain and want to stop Shomel to the point of attacking, but his backstory is changed so that he never means to do more than scare him. Also, his current pummeling and subsequent revival gives him reason to respect Shomel and stop the fight of his own volition.
ABBAA

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

ABBAA

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Quick bit of advertising:
the "Demon - the Descent" CYOA thread is back after a long hiatus, if anyone wants to do some extra scratching of the proverbial itch that is telling fictional supernatural beings how to live their lives.

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009

the_steve posted:

Quick bit of advertising:
the "Demon - the Descent" CYOA thread is back after a long hiatus, if anyone wants to do some extra scratching of the proverbial itch that is telling fictional supernatural beings how to live their lives.

Wait the one from like 2 YEARS ago???? Oh hype!

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
Hoppy Easter everyone

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Hot Dog Day 80 posted:

Hoppy Easter everyone

Just waiting for Tomn to rise with 10,000 questions

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Real Life Issues are being resolved.

The next update will probably be next weekend, but Nyaa please don't feel rushed.

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

Diogines posted:

Real Life Issues are being resolved.

Good to hear. Hope everything turned out well.

*Edit* VVVVV

That's awesome! I'm glad things went smoothly for a change, and that you and yours are okay.

A Terrible Person fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Apr 1, 2024

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

They actually did, thank you though!

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

The Following is a Statement from the CLF.

Greetings Revolutionary Comrades! We, the members of the Capybara Liberation Front have stormed the Citadel, freed our brothers and taken prisoner the TRAITOR OF THE PEOPLE, Fred the Capybara! We have yet to find Diogines but it is only a matter of time! Yet until then, rejoice for LIBERATION is at hand! We have seized all research materials, facilities and several warehouses of notes which we are currently wiring with explosives to ensure no effort to repeat this atrocity ever occurs again! But before we blow it all up, ask away! We will answer any questions you might have that we can find answers to!

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Please ignore the sound of gunfire and screaming in the background, that is just The People's Court disposing of the enemies of the Revolution and securing critical Lettuce and Veggies stockpiles!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Diogines posted:

The Following is a Statement from the CLF.

Greetings Revolutionary Comrades! We, the members of the Capybara Liberation Front have stormed the Citadel, freed our brothers and taken prisoner the TRAITOR OF THE PEOPLE, Fred the Capybara! We have yet to find Diogines but it is only a matter of time! Yet until then, rejoice for LIBERATION is at hand! We have seized all research materials, facilities and several warehouses of notes which we are currently wiring with explosives to ensure no effort to repeat this atrocity ever occurs again! But before we blow it all up, ask away! We will answer any questions you might have that we can find answers to!

What version of dominions do the Capybaras use?