Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Page 3067 posted:

tons of stuff about the moon

Read the recap, still totally lost, but we have an academy so gently caress it Urbal Space Program

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Lead out in cuffs posted:

But bloodedness is also clearly hereditary. And patrilineal, however distasteful that may be.

How many reference points do we actually have for this? It's not like anyone in Ur bar us is in a rush to even try, and we really shouldn't be surprised that it didn't work with Ruth given that she wasn't from Ur.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

What's Ishmael's opinion on us inventing the Material Safety Data Sheet?

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

nuthin' but a g thang

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Outrail posted:

Which is why "I can't say what happened. Ask Ish." Is a legit way to avoid saying anything and make this all someone else's problem. The benefit of having people manage you is that it is entirely possible to shovel poo poo uphill in this sort of situation. Ish can't tell the truth, but he's also not going to lie because that would condemn an innocent woman unless shes not innocent in which case gently caress her. Their gag on information is something we can wield like a shield. Life giving us lemons and all that.

oh god why am I on team Outrail send help

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Zodiac5000 posted:

How about "I am confident, based on prior experiences, that we were not mentally compelled to do this. We ruled her innocent because she is not a witch, nor did she knowingly defraud anybody. The ex-heretics want her blood because they are angry and scared. I believe that i passed out for reasons we cannot disclose, talk to Ishamal if you need more than that. I do not condemn a woman do death because a Lynch mob tells me to." Why hide behind naivety instead of stand by our decisions? We are overthinking things, let's just keep shooting straight.

Bold it.

EDIT: On second thought, as much as I love the idea, it's too late to take a write-in. I just hope I is for Ishamal.

(Do I need to make a different reply to change a vote? This thread, man.)

dont be mean to me fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Oct 28, 2016

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

the_steve posted:

drat it, I voters.
You chose to try to let the dangerous heretic go free, now deal with the consequences and choose a real vote. Quit trying to absolve yourselves of responsibility by passing it off to Diog or other NPCs.

I've said it before: Whether she's malicious or just misguided, she's too dangerous to leave alive.
She's completely willing to mess with powers she doesn't understand, and completely convinced that she needs to.
If we let her go, she's going to keep trying to get the Melachim cult going again, and she's going to end up opening the gates to hell on us. She's too dangerous to let live at this point.

Killing her is the most merciful thing we can do, because otherwise, she's going to get her soul eaten when she unleashes some sort of Doom of Kavodel on us, either by accident or design.

I would be willing to take IRL consequences for wrongvoting (and by that I mean actual jail time) if it meant we didn't have to deal with any more of the "but then this happened!" going on in the story right now.

It's like being expected to be a Kissinger-level grand-master at politics right out of American high school.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Brain Candy posted:

I think this is more basic empathy and understanding of others, but lol goons.

I'm confused; what thread is this?

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

the_steve posted:

"Tudiya is right, Enkidel isn't any crazier than usual. Also, he's the King, so none of this is my business. Mercy is never misplaced. Enkidel, I'm gonna go raid your liquor cabinet."

You say that like that's a problem.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Big Boner Stacy posted:

Yeah. The fact that we can't discern this yet is a bit disappointing.

King is clearly a bigger deal in Ur than it is in goon-world. Either we get truth-seeing when we become a king, or we need to get it to become a king.

Ish would actually be right about "when you're older" with this one.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Lead out in cuffs posted:

B Tudiya's right, and by the law she needs to die, but mercy is never misplaced, and this is the closest to mercy we can give her.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Mr. Nemo posted:

We try to eat it. Because seriously, we seem to be unable to stop keeping this situation from becoming even worse.

We won't try, I think. We'll still probably end up eating it though.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Facebook Aunt posted:

Not exactly eat it. Hagar still has faith in us. So when she dies her smokeghost flings itself into us instead of going to Mt. Har.

Close enough to get in all of the poo poo with the Watchers forever.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Task Manager posted:

Given that this is clearly a horror story, the answer is to run further into the house of horrors.

All in :rolldice:

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

I'm thinking 'this is how the melachim would rather things be handled (they don't want to be worshipped; they don't even really want their name attached to this stuff; they'd rather be acknowledged as instruments of El's will)'.

Still not down with respecting their wishes? This is what happens when a city starts worshiping melachim; public safety demands I put a stop to it in spectacular fashion.

Still want to worship them? Welp; :black101:

Oh yeah 3 5

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Also Mighty Men and whatever Enkidel is tend to preternaturally get things right the first time, so maybe don't sweat the tower spacing too much.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

SerSpook posted:

We should build a Temple of El guys, and here's why.

We know there is something out there that responds to prayers to El and worship of El. We know this being can and does bless people and seems to rather like Enkidel, as evidenced by the pretty dramatic responses Enkidel's sacrifices have gotten in the past and the fact that it seems to want to guide Enkidel more than punish him when he fucks up (see bowing to 7bird and just being told not to do it again).

I'm not saying we need to be the most pious El worshipers there ever were, or that a Temple will solve all problems, or anything like that. But I think building one would be a significant act that would yield more protective benefits, long term, than a Wall. If we can get a few more points of divine protection, that is good. Maybe it won't help trade so much, but our experts are already saying you need the towers rather than the road and also saying that it will loving beggar us. I am actually inclined to trust them on this more than ourselves.

Build a Temple to El. But abandon what is, ultimately, charity for Dor. At least for now. Maybe post-Jubilee we can do this, if Dor is even still around. Alternatively, focus on better equipping our people via the smithing options.

I'm actually wondering if a proper temple of El will contribute to Kavodel being recognized as permanent (as in 'maybe Triple Dad won't demand we abandon it at Jubilee o'clock anymore').

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Waci posted:

We have a plenty of time to build a temple. A better-constructed temple will also be a better bargaining chip. I want a temple as well, even if for different reasons, but I'd rather we don't half-rear end it just because goons are afraid of anything not instant.

Fortunately a temple isn't something you do once and you're stuck with it forever. (Well you're stuck with a temple, but not necessarily that particular form, scale and condition of temple, and El is real enough that 'stuck' is a pretty okay problem to have.)

I'm not sure any of these options are.

On an unrelated note: would Zepath even fit the added population of Kavodel at this point without creating a humanitarian crisis? It's a good 60% more populous than it used to be as is and they only have an analogue for plumbing if you use a charitable definition of the term.

dont be mean to me fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Nov 17, 2016

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Tsyni posted:

SerSpook, we can always fly away from trouble. Fly away with our wings.

at telmple lost wingat wrongvote mote later

8: Eh what the hell roads are fine

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Changing from whatever it was (8 I think) to 16

Man I'd be terrible on Let's Make a Deal

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

the_steve posted:

I would really not put it past one of them to have told Jalitha that if she ever breathed a word of what she knows to anyone, they'd find a way to send her back to Athar.

:yikes::respek::dogbutton:

Why yes. This is totally a natural order we should wish to preserve. I swear.

We would absolutely need to get confirmation that this is a standing threat, though.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Or ~goons~ figure we're just going to get a retcon anyway who gives a poo poo

Which is kind of a silly thing to think about a three-and-a-half-year-old CYOA.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Diogines posted:

I swear to Denziroh the next time you go Hungery I will describe the grizzly and terrifying fates of those you love and we will most assuredly not have take backs.

Unless you a giant snake eats you. Then we will review how sad everyone is, your grieving family etc.

:bisonyes:

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Slaan got changed to Chocolate Chunk during Name-ageddon. And he's in the most recent vote. (Link to that vote in a version of the thread with only his posts)

dont be mean to me fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Nov 21, 2016

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

the_steve posted:

How about, for you Pro-Orm voters, we try to get hold of Azz first, and ask him about the Orm, if it was the C-Snake, and if he would help introduce us?
That way, we don't walk into the lair of some pissed off Superbeast that even Tudiya wouldn't gently caress with or accidentally nullify some 10,000 year old treaty that no one will bother to tell us about until AFTER the inevitable gently caress up.

This is oddly reasonable. We should do it because no one would ever believe Enkidel would.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

J: FoxTerrier, AND... hum.

Something G-ish, in that if Paebel wishes to see what comes out of the lands of Fare up close he's free to do so, but he is not to enter them himself.

Have we developed any way to determine who (in detail) is watching us? If not, can we at least determine that there are different/changing watchers?

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Yes to the table. We don't really need a table, but mostly imagining what Ishamal will do when we take him up on his deflection/offer.

Yes to Puabi. She's competent and if she's circumspect everything's cool. If not, well, she probably knows what happens to witches in too big britches in this town.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Ish probably has at least some degree of plausible deniability. We sure the gently caress don't.

Basscop + Schwza

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Azuth0667 posted:

This would be hilarious. "No flying because we don't want you seeing the top of the mountain." (Which is secretly a volcano that consumes souls.)

it's a space elevator :ssh:

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Swedish Thaumocracy posted:

Bagar no! :(

Pray to El that Bagars journey to the mountain be swift, and comfort our dying cousin in his last moments.
Hug Ishamal.

Also, Ask that Ishamal watch over us/keep up from doing something dumb as our cousin dies as we tend to react badly when people perish.

:sigh: Yeah....

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

C

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Can we flog the A voters for a week and fine them a decade's pay?

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Kristopher posted:

No, because it was still the correct thing to vote. Please right-vote in the future, tia.

If that has any congruency to 'right', I'd rather be black-bagged.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

ShotgunWillie posted:

Danal is going bye bye, isn't he? :sigh:

That... would explain the feeling of Bad poo poo, wouldn't it :suspense:

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

lol nothing matters

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

TheCog posted:

Uh. What?

Empty.

Does any of Bagar's property have an abnormally high presence?

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Slaan posted:

I don't know what you're talking about :colbert:

I know right? What is with this again poo poo?

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

We're gonna need a runoff for boat names, aren't we.

Boaty McBoatface since we're the kind of idiots that think to name bronze-age pets after silicon-age celebrities already.

A better idea happened.

dont be mean to me fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Dec 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Mr Apollo posted:

How about Zepa's Sandal? So that all remember the proper place of those creatures and terrors that dwell in the sea.

To hell with Boaty McBoatface Zepa's Sandal is a way better name.