Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Facebook Aunt posted:

I hope all this smelting won't come back and bite us in the rear end. :ohdear: We're smelting silver, copper, and tin, there must be some pretty nasty chemicals involved. Slag piling up. And with iron and charcoal burning that's even worse. I hope we don't accidentally invent acid rain.

Scouring of the shire all over again!

I doubt that our industry is large enough cause anything like acid rain. We might be in danger of poisoning our local water supply if it weren't a flowing river.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

We interrupt this tragic chain of events to bring you important El-mass news:

[timg]https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-T-WrpTust7c/WE8lmuucflI/AAAAAAAAAzg/vhjBIB-rdtkzfGB32_tRAccCsoop7mznACPcB/s1600/IMG_20161212_025300.jpg] [/timg]

Who's been a good boy? Someone's santee, that's who.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Right, as I thought. Then I amend my vote

Corner Ishamal in private and demand he explain. I don't care if he won't talk about it because he's literally the only person I know who's enough to explain.

We are little child that has been seeing death for what it really is and instead of calming us, or hell even lying to us it's just deflection.

We know something is different. We feel it. The last Enkidu had the same questions and he walked up the Mountain and banged on the gate until Death answered.

So, it's time Ishamal. You think we're going to do something dumb like reanimate him, or start manipulating souls, well a person left alone to wallow in grief tend to do dumb poo poo.

You owe us this explaination, not because we earned it but because leaving us to suffer in ignorance is cruel, and it's not one of those "it's better this way cruelty" it's inhuman.

So we go to his house, and we bang on that door with the fury of our namesake until we get that bitter truth. He serves it up with a heaping helping of bitter spice and we force it down our throat and ask for seconds because enough is enough.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Slaan posted:

This is the same for posts by readers too. nothing happened in that retcon :ninja:
So you love Asherah again traitor!.

AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea!

Diogines posted:

I will tell you if you change your name back!

Ummmm I never changed my name. I didn't start participating until it restarted after the last retcon!

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Diogines posted:

Fortunately, your regenerative abilities stopped you from getting the many forms of lung damage, poisoning and literal barrels of canc you woild otherwise have!

Hurray! :peanut:

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

AbysmalPeptoBismol posted:

Ummmm I never changed my name. I didn't start participating until it restarted after the last retcon!
My apologies!

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Zeroisanumber posted:

I doubt that our industry is large enough cause anything like acid rain. We might be in danger of poisoning our local water supply if it weren't a flowing river.

And no one is downriver of us. Except Asharah. LOL.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Lead out in cuffs posted:

We interrupt this tragic chain of events to bring you important El-mass news:

[timg]https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-T-WrpTust7c/WE8lmuucflI/AAAAAAAAAzg/vhjBIB-rdtkzfGB32_tRAccCsoop7mznACPcB/s1600/IMG_20161212_025300.jpg] [/timg]

Who's been a good boy? Someone's santee, that's who.
...I immediately regret not joining. That is awesome!

I can't fully read the notes on the second image, what do they say?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Theglavwen posted:

Probably, I bet. Uriah's growth is being stimulated by us, we're ushering in a whole new age of Mighty Dudes, basically resetting the 'bloodline' back to 'whatever-generation-nephilim' we are. I'm betting that their power will just keep on growing as long as they hang around us, and as long as ours continues growing. Uriah'll be an Old Tales Mighty Man before we're through with him.

Fare's going to have a really dumb look of shock on their face when two dozen old-world 12 foot tall blooded giants come ripping through the mountains.

AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

Diogines posted:

My apologies!

It's cool. If I HAD changed, I would definitely change it back just for the chance to see what might have happened if Enkidel had went down a different path.

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

Okay, so, if diog is cool with it, i am concidering - but by no means comiting to - running a small play-by-post pen and paper game in the Ur setting, using the FATE system. It would just be a short game, a couple of months probably, and cover a single adventure. Finding, tracking, and defeating a single monster or group of monsters; the conquest of a single city; saving a group of people from doom, something like that. You would likely play 4-5 blooded men on an adventure of some sort.

Would any of you be interested? and if so, where would you want to play (zepath? the donut? close to, or in, baitel?) and how blooded, (or how old) would you want to be? Princes? Judah? Perhaps weakly blooded men seeking to prove their or their families worth? "the balls around the time of ibleam"? fresh out of manhood trials? perhaps a bit older; the balls a few years prior to going on the amok-trip, for example?

I am not comitting to running this, but i have long wanted to run a game set in Ur, and i might was well see if there is any interest before i make plans.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Magnusth posted:

Okay, so, if diog is cool with it, i am concidering - but by no means comiting to - running a small play-by-post pen and paper game in the Ur setting, using the FATE system. It would just be a short game, a couple of months probably, and cover a single adventure. Finding, tracking, and defeating a single monster or group of monsters; the conquest of a single city; saving a group of people from doom, something like that. You would likely play 4-5 blooded men on an adventure of some sort.

Would any of you be interested? and if so, where would you want to play (zepath? the donut? close to, or in, baitel?) and how blooded, (or how old) would you want to be? Princes? Judah? Perhaps weakly blooded men seeking to prove their or their families worth? "the balls around the time of ibleam"? fresh out of manhood trials? perhaps a bit older; the balls a few years prior to going on the amok-trip, for example?

I am not comitting to running this, but i have long wanted to run a game set in Ur, and i might was well see if there is any interest before i make plans.
If you are not doing play by post I am totally in. I don't enjoy that format.

Asherah
Feb 3, 2015

Imagine a maw chomping on a human face -- forever.

Slaan posted:

This is the same for posts by readers too. nothing happened in that retcon :ninja:

:moments:

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Arkanomen posted:

Right, as I thought. Then I amend my vote

Corner Ishamal in private and demand he explain. I don't care if he won't talk about it because he's literally the only person I know who's enough to explain.

We are little child that has been seeing death for what it really is and instead of calming us, or hell even lying to us it's just deflection.

We know something is different. We feel it. The last Enkidu had the same questions and he walked up the Mountain and banged on the gate until Death answered.

So, it's time Ishamal. You think we're going to do something dumb like reanimate him, or start manipulating souls, well a person left alone to wallow in grief tend to do dumb poo poo.

You owe us this explaination, not because we earned it but because leaving us to suffer in ignorance is cruel, and it's not one of those "it's better this way cruelty" it's inhuman.

So we go to his house, and we bang on that door with the fury of our namesake until we get that bitter truth. He serves it up with a heaping helping of bitter spice and we force it down our throat and ask for seconds because enough is enough.

don't throw a tantrum you already know who this goes, its fine get it out of your system.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Diogines posted:

So you love Asherah again traitor!.

I don't know what you're talking about :colbert:

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

HAIL THE ETERNAL HUNGER!!
MAY HE EVER SWIM IN THE DEEP!

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Grognan posted:

don't throw a tantrum you already know who this goes, its fine get it out of your system.

Nah I mean Enkidel should because honestly, he's a child learning about death in the sense of him being half-melachim blood and the closest he has to a half-melachim dad is Ishamal and what child wouldn't freak out when their dog died but dad is just like "I don't wanna talk about it."

I'm with Enkidu on this. Kick the gates of death till he arrives.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Is this new? Because this is the first time I've noticed it and comedy-posting as Asherah is awesome.

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

Diogines posted:

If you are not doing play by post I am totally in. I don't enjoy that format.

Noted, but my non-play-by-post schedule is a bit tight at the moment, and at risk of also conflicting with my larp schedule. i may be able to do an 'every other friday' game, but i'll have to make sure nothing conflicts first. In the meantime, i'd still like to hear from other people.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Slaan posted:

I don't know what you're talking about :colbert:

I know right? What is with this again poo poo?

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Magnusth posted:

I'm totally in but I don't really have a lot of experience with tabletop gaming in general.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

Diogines posted:

...I immediately regret not joining. That is awesome!

I can't fully read the notes on the second image, what do they say?

I don't want to ruin the surprise, so I'm hoping my santee will post them instead.

But if you want a snulls ornament I could totally make you one (assuming you trust me with a postal address).

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Zeroisanumber posted:

Is this new? Because this is the first time I've noticed it and comedy-posting as Asherah is awesome.

The emote is pretty old.
Not nearly as old as Asherah, whose hunger existed long before it ever gained name or physical form, but still pretty old.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Arkanomen posted:

I'd also like to challenge our feelings directly.

Why are we sad? Bagar was saved from a terrible fate, delivered into the hands of friends and a loving god. His mind was calmed, he lived a life full of love and rewarded faith. His death was easy and he got to say goodbye. He could not have gotten a better death. I am sad he is gone, but we know he has gone somewhere better and is at peace.

So why is our soul rent asunder? Why does it feel like we have been stabbed? It should be a joyous time! An end to his mortal suffering. We mourn his passing but it is not a time for suffering.

Is it because we know he did not climb? Is it because we have been sustaining him all these years? Is it because we worshiped up in some small way?

If there were ever a time for answers, now would be the time PtB. If you really are merciful, and care for us mortals then please answer our questions.

Agree

This is a drat good idea and our best chance of getting information.

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme

Zodiac5000 posted:

You know, I'd like to just raise the idea of burying Bagar with the amulet on him and *untouched*. It feels a bit like other parties were expecting something different to happen here, and so far we haven't seen anything beyond the death of a loved one. I say we put a big X over messing with him, his body, his clothing, his medallion, everything. Just bury him and mourn in the standard Enkidel fashion (get as wasted as possible with our friends and build a statue of whatever we miss, putting it somewhere super obvious).

Hell, we can ask Tudiya to carve him the statue. Tudiya probably liked Bagar. No-one is zealous like a convert, and the man served El's temple faithfully for what, fifty years at his point? fifty-five? He endured an insane hardship, El clearly smiled on him and calmed his mind. Now, in his death, we can remind everyone that none are beyond El's light. Danal showed mercy and saved him when by all accounts, most men of Zepath or Ur would have just killed him straight up. Let's respond to the crushing oppressiveness of mortality with the crushing oppressiveness of a giant statue of our friend (note: must be smaller than Snarls' statue, else we commission a larger Snarls statue).

I vote for this beautiful idea. Also give the statue to the temple and ask them to erect it in Bagar's favorite spot.

It can stand as a testament to El's mercy for all time.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Secret Santee reporting in:

:vince:

Thanks so much Santa! I still don't know your SA name but you're the best!

AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

dyzzy posted:

Ok that's badass!

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

dyzzy posted:

Amazing.

I keep envisioning a full-on classical oil painting of Enkidel and his men making their last stand at the Temple. It would make a fantastic piece with all the villagers huddled in fright and awe in the background and the Bnaimokt gnashing their teeth below.I wish I had the appropriate artistic talent.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

dyzzy posted:

This owns.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

dyzzy posted:

That is loving awesome!

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.

dyzzy posted:

Sweet. Your Santa had to have been BoneMonkey though right? I mean, unless someone went and had one of his pictures printed?

.... Have people actually been keeping to the 'secret' part of the secret santa? I totally put my I.D. on the card :ohdearsass:

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

dyzzy posted:

Oh poo poo, that is amazing

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

dyzzy posted:

Oh hey I've seen that before.

Theglavwen posted:

Sweet. Your Santa had to have been BoneMonkey though right? I mean, unless someone went and had one of his pictures printed?

.... Have people actually been keeping to the 'secret' part of the secret santa? I totally put my I.D. on the card :ohdearsass:

Nope not from me. I'm still working on my present/redoing it because I don't like it.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

Theglavwen posted:

Lol I totally forgot to put my ID on my package, and felt too sheepish to put either my or my santees' forum names on the shipping label, so they'll just have to figure it out from reading the thread.

Also that is awesome and I'm glad people are getting into this!

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.

Topsy the HELLephant posted:

Oh hey I've seen that before.

Nope not from me. I'm still working on my present/redoing it because I don't like it.

Huh, that's both really cool and, I imagine, pretty flattering for you then. Like a double present.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Zodiac5000 posted:

You know, I'd like to just raise the idea of burying Bagar with the amulet on him and *untouched*. It feels a bit like other parties were expecting something different to happen here, and so far we haven't seen anything beyond the death of a loved one. I say we put a big X over messing with him, his body, his clothing, his medallion, everything. Just bury him and mourn in the standard Enkidel fashion (get as wasted as possible with our friends and build a statue of whatever we miss, putting it somewhere super obvious).

Hell, we can ask Tudiya to carve him the statue. Tudiya probably liked Bagar. No-one is zealous like a convert, and the man served El's temple faithfully for what, fifty years at his point? fifty-five? He endured an insane hardship, El clearly smiled on him and calmed his mind. Now, in his death, we can remind everyone that none are beyond El's light. Danal showed mercy and saved him when by all accounts, most men of Zepath or Ur would have just killed him straight up. Let's respond to the crushing oppressiveness of mortality with the crushing oppressiveness of a giant statue of our friend (note: must be smaller than Snarls' statue, else we commission a larger Snarls statue).

+1

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

dyzzy posted:

Wow, this is putting the gift I sent to shame, lmao. Good job, goons.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

I'm so happy goons are getting good secret santas and happy!! :3: :3: :3:

I included myself in the exchange, and the first parts of my own secret santa gift arrived today (apparently there's one more gift coming, whee!)! Some excellent yummy candy and....

THE DOOM OF TANNACH!!!

WATCH OUT PUPPY!!!

Phew! I think he's got it!

Thank you Santa very much for my puppy's very own minion of Ashera to destroy! Fortunately he is, indeed, a very blooded doggy!

(Also you can totally reveal yourself to your Santee when you give your gift if you like, it's up to y'all!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Let's not confront Ishmael about this poo poo because we already know what he's going to say.

He has explicitly told us we can get the info we want from him if we choose to exile ourselves from Ur. Otherwise we're free to learn whatever we want on our own, through whatever means we want as long as we don't experiment with our powers or gently caress up the social order too much.

So let's just keep doing that. Getting training from Ish is going to help us learn poo poo passively as we develop new senses out of whatever we learn and the other poo poo we work on during time skips, so let's just stay the course for now.