Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

How about we send our priest to make a tribute? He should be allowed in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Diogines posted:

Jobe would probably be allowed in. He is a member of the House of El, albeit an acolyte.

It is not up to them. It is up to the King of Efrat, who built a wall a hundred and fifty feet and several acres long as a giant gently caress you to his foes hiding within.

Well, there's nothing to lose by giving a sacrifice to El and I'd like to hear what Jobs has to say about the place.
Since we are stopping for supplies it shouldn't delay us much.

Edit: voting G,Q
Edit2: bolded

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jun 14, 2014

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

falcon2424 posted:

Let's send in Jobe and his giant doggy companion.

Effin' A!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Also, I just caught up to six months of updates.
Diog, you are the best. Never stop.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Come on Team R , aren't you the least bit interested in the Forbidden temple?

Edit: But Daaaaad, it'll take just five minutes!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

FoxTerrier posted:

*yes, goats on a roof is a real roadside attraction. Yes, I stopped and paid money to watch goats walk on rooves. No, Im not ashamed.

Azazel grin +1 :getin:

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jun 14, 2014

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

Everyone voting for R has no taste in culture or touring foreign places

Also Forbidden Temple man! :monocle:
Who knows if Jobs will even join us back from Beit-El (modern Hebrew pronunciation)

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

A Terrible Person posted:

2A

I'd like Enkidel to spend his time in Efrat barhopping and telling tales about the untamed frontiers while trying to get as much gossip about the walled temple and Amos' descendants as possible.

Sounds good.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

A As tempting as meddling with the temple situation might be, it's not going anywhere and we should be off.
Let's file this under "Great undertakings for future time"

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Vavrek posted:

You know what I'm thinking? One of my goals while in Baitel is talking with the clergy there, seeing if we can get authorization to read the records stored in all temples. If this can be made into an official order of some kind, not merely an authorization, then preventing us from entering the temple may be considered interfering with temple business. Alternately, the authorization may be enough, making us some kind of honorary clergy? Hrm. Very tempting, yes.

At the very least we should try to lead a large group of priests from Beit-El to Effrat and try to negotiate the removal of the wall.
King Amos seems peaceful and honorable enough to swear to remain on the temple grounds.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Clearly we should learn from good king Amos and aspire to peace.
Peace via overwhelming force.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

D,N

Guys, this could be a test of our faith in El.
"And thusly I spake upon the guards, and I commanded them: 'Give him as much bullshit as is right, and delay him much more then is reasonable or sane'

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

E
P
X

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

J

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

falcon2424 posted:

K. Grab Micah, pull him with us, hug Old Kohath and say We shall do mighty deeds across the world, men shall remember the deeds of the line of Korath, forever!"

I like this because:
1. It makes the old man happy
2. Micah isn't the son, either
3. Every word of it will be true

Changing my vote to this

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Mr. Wednesday posted:

1. B - take off the sandals, and give them to the servants.
2. G - I give both my knives to the acolytes
3. K - I surrender the rings in my beard
4. N - I keep Ishamal's ring hidden

I want to play this straight - if we can't trust these dudes with our property, we'll have bigger problems than that shortly. As for Ishamal's ring, they asked us to remove our ornaments and jewelry. We are not wearing the ring, and its purpose is not adornment, but a safety net, and I don't think it falls under their request.

+1

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

+1 vote for Plan ATP

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

1.K Just think of the look on Lullaya's face when he learns that his brother might be king!
2.C specifically thinking of liberating Athar (eventualy)

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Bularin posted:

If the angels break the rules, why would you believe that men wouldn't?

Guys, I got it: instead of directly accusing the clergy of hiding corruption, we ask How do you deal with differences of opinions

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

D. G.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Toughy posted:

This isn't a now or never it's a " at this point of your life would you like to commit a few decades, maybe a century to our Temple? No? ok if you change your mind come on back"

And also moving and disinheriting your family.
Just sayin' , we might want to consider this.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

What makes you think El is even a real entity?
Anyway, spending a few decades learning to control our powers in exchange for some quests is not becoming a bitch.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

B, Ea- Plan A Rich White Man, K no opinion on the remaining choices

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Mike Gallego posted:

1. A
2. F

I wan to tell this guy, I will not be like those Worthless men that think by simply gaining a fine weapon, and learning to use it, I can become truly Mighty. I will learn the Art on my own, for this, and many others.

I thank you for the experience of firing this weapon and the conversation. It was enlightening.

However, I will buy one of your arrows, to remind me of this, and so that I might know when my skill begins to equal the weapon you would entrust me with. One that day I will return if you have not climbed the Mountain.

I don't buy that this bow is the shortcut people want it to be. I want us to use our money when we get back to take some time to seriously train our archery and learn to make bows with Chait, if he is willing to teach it. Or Ishamal, if he will teach such a thing. It is about time we chose our own Mighty Art, and I think this is a good place to start. We can also learn blacksmithing at the same time.

tl;dr: i think that a cooler possibility is using our cash to become a dude that can make sweet bows ourselves, and other things. we can take our cash and become the true master archer that we are meant to be

then we can move on to uber club

+1

A Superbow would be awesome, someday

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Nolaterif posted:

Real vote: Give Paebel our old bow. Joke about the 300 silver, but give it to him anyway.
Yes.
You spendthrifts voted to get the Super bow, there's no point getting cheap now.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Cornuto posted:

F. Reclaim your silver, but "accidentally" leave behind 25 pounds of silver, after all, he said nothing of the arrows! +300 pounds of silver.

... Also still show up at his house every morning and practice. I feel a little weird getting the thing for free, we should visit the man and ask if there's anything we can do for him to repay his curmudgeony kindness. Maybe we can get him a new pet for the pit?!
K this has gone on far enough, we will get the truth when Ish feels we are ready.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

1Eh declare the fight to be for glory of El and all winnings go to the temple.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

4.H
I've no opinion on the other options

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Basscop posted:

4: Zb Gareb my friend. We may not have lived to have seen Enkindu or Labaras. But do you think those who came before us looked at Labaras' works and sighed, knowing they could never surpass him? Do you think the sculptor of this masterpiece had never stood in awe of another's work? The giants who came before us didn't build the world so that we could live in their shadows. They did it so we could stand on their shoulders.

B
I+

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

UppaTree posted:

No, but I propose a less..Declarative statement:

"Where I am from, there are no princes, Would a man who has won status by his deeds and blessings be welcome in your lands?"

+1

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

LLSix posted:

Diogenes: question - can we hire a tutor to come back to Zepath with us? Maybe a young Academy grad would be interested in seeing the world and could teach us about sewers and stuff without spending more time here? Hell, we could even sponsor him to build stuff like we did with the bridge.

That's a really good idea, let's ask around the academy and try to lure away some scholars to come along.

Come to where the action is, come to Zapath

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I vote to close this thread at page 999 in order that Diog can post after He's done moving, starting at glorious page 1000.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I'm reiterating my vote to have the thread locked until Diog start page 1000 with a big update.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

+1 to plan Theglavwen

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

the_steve posted:

E with a side of G
"I have seen things beyond my comprehension, possibly even beyond the comprehension of any mortal man, visions that have told me that it is vital that I know the truth. There are those who have tried to use the truth, or the offer of the truth, about me and you as leverage to manipulate me to their own ends. But I swear to you, on all that I hold dear in my heart, nothing will change the fact that you are my mother, or that Tudiya is the man I shall always know as my real father, but I need to know the truth of my lineage. I know you want to protect me, as you always have, but I am a man grown. I am coming into Powers of my own, and we are surrounded by the truest and most powerful protectors we could ask for. I would rather be told now, by you, while surrounded by all the love and support I could ever need, rather than have it used against me at a moment where I could be distracted and open to harm.

+1
El's blessings upon you the_steve.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

+1 Plan sogol

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

D We should keep everyone together until we know more.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Zybourne Clock posted:

If we are still in Zepath, I want to buy three exploding clay balls from Indor. I then want to combine those clay balls with arrows to make three explosive arrows.

We definitely need to check if this is possible.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Alright, how about this plan:
1. Warn the farmers, they don't deserve to be taken by surprise.
2. Watch from afar to see if the army attacks ibleam, gets bribed by the king or heads straight for zapath.
3. Accordingly either help ibleam or harass the army with guerrilla tactics on the way to zapath.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Commence Operation: a stab in the butt.