Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
I disagree: we're a hero, we should try to be effective, even if that's a little unrealistic. It doesn't stretch credulity too much for us to choke out two words, though.

G: "Save Jalitha"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
A: We've had our moment of bravery, now it's time to freak out! :cry:

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
We need to take an example from the Sith Order and learn all we can from our father before we kill him and take his place. The manhood retreat would be a good time to do that, especially if we can get him alone.

A. Father
H. Alone, swimming in the ocean
F. Alone along the beach
G. Alone in the forest
B. Uncle Jorah
E. Jalitha
D. Mom
C. Uncle Pagam

Also A, "Asherah's" vision is the only thing we have in the way of proof for any god's existence. From what we've seen, El's religion and its practice only brings suffering.

Pththya-lyi fucked around with this message at 03:44 on May 24, 2013

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

RandomPauI posted:

This isn't a vote so much as a request.

Take the religious lessons more seriously

Fourthed; either you like and/or respect Dad, in which case we want to do him proud, or you hate Dad, in which case we should learn all his secrets before killing him.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Quickly tell our dad we're going to do , then do .

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Diogines posted:

oh, this next bit is interesting, you caught this bit "son" "son" she says twice sobbing, pointing at you, you catch the name "Baitel" and "Enkidu". Wait. Wasn't that the story Jalitha told you about the wild savage Enkidu who was tamed by a temple slave?

Guys, I think we might be Enkidu's son! Jalitha is Shamhat, and she told us her own story in the third person! We should go with her and clAim our birthright.

EDIT: Putting in Canuck's awesome new badge:

Pththya-lyi fucked around with this message at 16:47 on May 27, 2013

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
. No matter what we do, it seems like our entire world is going to be destroyed - might as well join the winning team.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Even if this guy can't actually tell if we're lying, honesty is the best policy, and I don't see any way that lying will help us.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Arkanomen posted:

Say " I'm not sure. I'm scared, my dad died. I want my mom. Please Help " In as much of the forgein language as we can We just saw our father die, we are ripped from our home and mother, brought before a scary king. We are child, so its okay to act like one. [/b]

This, also ask Jalitha what the hell is going on.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Theglavwen posted:

I'm constantly amazed at how rabid people get over this stuff.

"What's this? A post? Whaforhowmygodno! This insolent forum goer thinks we ought to take an unfriendly stance against the imaginary story king who just decapitated the imaginary story dad of our imaginary story hero, then kidnapped him! I disagree! Forsooth, this poster must be a slavering, slack-jawed imbecile! How can he even post, let alone be allowed to moderate his own actions! I must inform him of this at once!"

Chill out people.

I'm not surprised that people are getting so upset about how the vote might go. We all know that Og is fictional, but we still care about him as if he were real, so we're all invested in what happens to him. The thought of something seriously bad happening to Og upsets us, so we lash out at people who seem to be leading him down a path with potentially serious negative consequences.

EDIT: Just to be clear: yes, it is silly for us to get upset over fictional characters, but that's how our brains work and we have to make allowances for that.

Pththya-lyi fucked around with this message at 21:21 on May 29, 2013

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
B

We've been through a lot today, the king probably doesn't expect us to say much.

EDIT: Changing my vote from A to B. It never hurts to be polite, and it will make Jalitha happy.

Pththya-lyi fucked around with this message at 00:37 on May 30, 2013

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
And hey, as long as we're asking questions:

Mother, who is my real father?

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Diogines posted:

She looks down at the forest floor. "I... not the man you knew, Sweetling. Ask me again when you are older."

YOU loving TEASE

quote:

I've never heard of a king cutting the hair of anyone but his own sons before, it is a great honor sweetling, you should thank him.

Okay, I'll take your advice. Changed my vote from A to B.

Also, I'm okay with her calling us Sweetling. She's had a hard life, let her call us what she wants.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Random Idiot posted:

become generic village kid #205

See, I don't think that's what's going to happen. It sounds like Tudiya is adopting us, and while we may not be as important as his biological children, we'll probably occupy an honored place in Zepath society.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Sucrose posted:

Let's not give up our whole identity. Plus we've had this name for 11 years, giving it up would be weird.

It's not unheard of for people to get new names as their status changes, especially in the Bible: Abram and Sarai became Abraham and Sarah, Jacob became Israel, Simon became Peter. Also, it's entirely possible that Og was our childhood name and our dad planned on changing it when we came of age.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
1. All the time.

When we're grown up and treading the jeweled thrones of Earth under our sandaled feet, we'll have to make her a queen. She's been through so much; she deserves it. :unsmith:

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

2. and

3. No, though we should take them if offered.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Luck god, don't fail me now!

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Random Idiot posted:

Look at all of these people who are so terrified of something bad happening that they will vote for the safe and boring option every time. You all need a lesson from Big Teddy R.

Would Big Teddy R risk a six-year-old's life for fun? :colbert:

If we're going to be heroic, let's do it without endangering innocent lives.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Random Idiot posted:

Plus he might pick up a totally badass scar that all the chicks will dig.

We already have a totally badass scar that all the chicks will dig! Risking a child's life for the future possibility of poon is wrong and unnecessary. Besides, maybe we'll get a really nasty scar that will scare women away instead.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Random Idiot posted:

"Yeah, my mom slashed my forehead while trying to cut my hair." doesn't really have the same badass factor as "Yeah, a lion clipped my back as I pulled the prince out of the way. I've been thinking of making a cloak out of the pelt."

We don't have to tell them how we got the scar: Jalitha is the only other person who knows the truth, and she'll probably go along with it.

EDIT: "Accidentally" alerting the camp is a good option because it establishes us as a hero that relies on cunning rather than muscles. Besides, there will be other opportunities to be a badass, we don't have to take this particular one.

Pththya-lyi fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Jun 5, 2013

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
I just want us to have a nice walk and give Danal a piggy-back ride.

OPTION C.

OPTION E. :3: "Me monster steed! Rawr!" He'll love it. :3:

OPTION H.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Not R x2

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
O
and
YES

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

He's our one and only friend...

...so I want to strike a balance between him being happy and being safe.

We should try to gain some insight into why we can understand the king's speech. Jalitha speaks our native tongue, but she didn't perceive the king speaking any differently, so let's get it straight from the horse's mouth.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
C and H.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

You figured it out, huh? I thought I was the only one. :smuggo:

ZZZ - BURN THE MONSTER!

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

PandaPropaganda posted:

Voting for A and also to D. tell Ishamal we're sorry, we just wanted to help.

I agree, put me down for this one.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
E and H

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
K

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Zybourne Clock posted:

B + E

Although our friends managed to fight off all those lizards by themselves and nobody got seriously injured or killed, we still endangered them by doing something irresponsible. If we ever want to become a hero, we better learn to be responsible for our acts. They're not going to train us if they don't trust us.

I'm going with this.

Pththya-lyi fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Jun 21, 2013

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
, the text-based visions only. Maybe we can talk to him about the other dream later, when we've learned the language and Mom isn't around.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Raserys posted:

I'm gonna go with elaborate that we heard the voices after getting our first haircut and getting the Asherah punched out of us.

This one. Always good to be clear!

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
E is for Enkidel and Danal

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Isizzlehorn posted:

This is not an endorsement for the clothing line, whatsoever. THEIR STORES PUMP THE AIR FULL OF NOXIOUS COLOGNE IT IS THE WORST.

Their CEO also doesn't want ugly people wearing their clothing, while looking like this:

Diog, if we see this thing, I vote we run away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
D.

TIME FOR A PONY MARATHON! :iamafag: