Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
C! Never was much of a fan of Onegods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

Eryxias posted:

have some more :)

Text on the bottom one still isn't really readable.

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
Changing my vote from C to A not that it's really going to matter.

Traversing the Mediterranean would be neat, but Diog has said that the technology level isn't there yet!

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
Guys, Uncle might see our bleeding head and cut hair and think Jalitha attacked us. He probably doesn't know her well.

Instead, G. Because running for his mother isn't something that's going to get a four-year-old in trouble, and she might be able to calm her husband down/realize it was a mistake.

I think our father's just gonna shove us out of the way and keep hitting Jalitha if we try and deal with this ourselves, because we're FOUR. Hell, it might even make him angrier.

Sucrose fucked around with this message at 09:21 on May 22, 2013

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

Pochoclo posted:

Option B
This is gonna end up badly no matter what we do. To be honest it's kind of annoying having so little information.
Losing your hair in our fish religion means dying/damnation. So probably we cut Jalitha's hair and that marks her as a human sacrifice or whatever.
But it's the least bad option in the list.

B

I think it's just as likely that Papa here is using stone-age logic and thinks that if cutting our hair will defile us in the eyes of Asherah, cutting HER hair will defile her in the eyes of HER god.

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

FoxTerrier posted:

Eh...yeah, but in fairness, Jalitha did pull a seriously dick move cutting our hair when she knew it was prohibited in the faith of the village. The whole thing was a bit Edgardo Mortara for my taste. Absolutely we need to keep her from being beaten again, but I don't feel any reason we should avoid crying out to our god on her behalf.

Well, that gives an interesting perspective to things. Still, let's give Jalitha the benefit of the doubt for now, since we're, you know, four.

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
B. Uncle Jorah
D. Mom
F. Alone along the beach
C. Uncle Pagam
E. Jalitha
A. Father
G. Alone in the forest
H. Alone, swimming in the ocean

2. A

Sucrose fucked around with this message at 05:25 on May 24, 2013

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

SerSpook posted:

I think it's already being done like this, though I'm not sure so I'll mention it in thread.

I'd suggest that the votes for losing choices carry over if we don't use a point system. Basically, Father gets say 18 votes for option 1, and Jorah gets 19. Father, for the next choice, could get those 18 votes (as those 18 clearly prefer him over everyone else) plus whatever he gets for the second choice. All other choices that didn't win would get this too, so Jalitha would have like 14 or whatever her actual count actually is, when she goes into the votes for option two. Then she'd get the votes actually cast for her in that slot, and so on.

If it really mattered, and you were trying to compile a list like this, it would be most logical to assign first place votes eight points each, second place votes 7 points each, and so on and so forth, and then add them all up and write the list based on total sum of each.

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
I want to ask about hair and siblings.

Also, about witches.

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
Hoo boy, when Diogines said this was a primitive village, he wasn't kidding.

Roughly what age are the boys when they get taken on the trips and come back men?

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
A. I think we should tell Jalitha that we'll go with her, but plead with her to stop the strangers from attacking the villagers. Say "No, not cannibals!" to the strangers.

The worst thing that can possibly happen here is a full-scale bloodbath between the strangers and the men of our village, which I think is about to happen. If us going with them means that they'll take off with us and Jalitha and leave the rest of the villagers alone, we should do that. If we don't do something to calm the situation down right now, things are going to get really, really ugly.

I'm not voting for this because I want to just ditch our people, I'm voting for it because I think it's the best chance of not getting them all killed.

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
"Maybe makes the kidnapping less violent" is a good enough point in of itself. Unless Papa can literally summon Asherah to destroy the strangers (on land!) they have the weaponry to kill everyone currently here, and still take us with them. If we go with them voluntarily, at least for the moment, Jalitha may not tell them to kill the entire village to get to us.

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
Welp, Shushem is dead. We know the stories of our people, but can't perform any rituals beyond grinding some powders.

Our people may commit ritual cannibalism, or may not. The other villages will send another priest, probably. Priests of Asherah have real power. Jalitha is almost certainly our actual mother.

You know what, I think we should go with her. A Our father was an abusive rear end in a top hat who terrorized the whole village, and people have been lying to us our entire lives. I say we go with the only family we have left.

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

Jesus is colourblin posted:

No no no! You people are insane. These assholes came into our village, fed our dad poison, and then beheaded him.

They beheaded our dad! The dude who protects the village, and Jorah, and Pagam, and Mom, and everyone we have ever known and loved (except Jalitha) from the wrath of Asherah. They just straight up killed him. We didn't come to them, they came to us.

We KNOW Asherah exists. We heard him when we were drowning and we just saw him smite a couple of dudes. We know that Jalitha can't really be trusted. She's either our mom or not, which means she's either been lying up until this point or that she's lying now. Asherah has never lied to us.

What we need to do is to unite the villages of true Asherah believers and then overthrow these arrogant, poison-feeding lunatics with their non-existant sky-giants and water-spears and show them what happens when you poison and then behead OUR DAD. Warlord style!

And the first step in that direction is to

Vote Grab the tooth, stab the murderer, then run

Our dad beat us daily, crippled and likely raped our mother, and kept the other, gentle people of our village in terror of him. gently caress 'im.

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
Meta-gaming a little bit, one reason I want our character to leave (and I think "leave with the person he should have the intelligence to realize is his mother" is a valid reason for an eleven year old to go with her) is because we now know our village is in reach of far more advanced societies. If we can't figure out how to prepare our village for contact with them, the whole village is going to be eventually doomed, as their idea of diplomacy is "wave spears at outsiders and scream at them to leave.". I see us as the person in the best position to someday protect our home village from harm, by learning the ways of the strangers and finding out what they want, learning their language so that we can communicate, and maybe bringing metal or other useful things back someday. If we stay in the village, we may become a powerful fish-priest, but our father was a powerful fish-priest and he still got killed by the strangers. We need to learn about the outside world, because I think the world of the village is about to permanently get a lot bigger.

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

the_steve posted:

El is King of the Sky Giants, who saves women and children from the monsters

Voting for this, seems much more manageable for a 11 year old than rhyming couplets. And I don't want to denounce Asherah.

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

SerSpook posted:

Say:

El is the leader of the sky-giants, king and father of them all, who rules the world. His spear is Smattas, whom thunders when he fights. Another is Maranal, who blesses Smattas with lightning and heals the sick. Labaras was a giant of the land, who founded the Big Village Baitel; his children founded other places, such as Zepath.

The giants never fight, for they all serve El. They may trick one another, but never truly engage in conflict. The world contains monsters, that El and his giants protect us from, as you have protected my mother and I on this day from the demon that had been worshiped.

When in danger, ask El to save you, and he shall.

Changing my vote: I'm voting for this, sans last two lines

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
The poem is nice and all, but there's no goddamn way we're going to be able to spit that out in a foreign tongue or have Jalitha translate it.

...let's save it for later, howbouts?

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

A RICH WHITE MAN posted:

How about a Disargeria/SerSpook combo?

El is the leader of the Sky-Giants, King and Father of them all, who rules the World. El is the Storm that Comes.

Changing my vote to this. Simple and to the point.

But seriously, guys, our character is 11, not 5. Nor is he an idiot. Saying something that will piss off the incredibly powerful person in front of us from whom we have no defense is idiotic, even if it's what we'd like to say to him. Discretion is the better part of valor, and all that.

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

Let's not give up our whole identity. Plus we've had this name for 11 years, giving it up would be weird.

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
I suggest we wait to meet the puppy before deciding if it is a Jorah or a Snarls Barkley.

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

Theglavwen posted:

Our character is just really easily led. One little display of not-being-killed-by-lightning-powers and we're all dreamy-eyed and writing in our diary about him.

C + L

We should feel the loss of what we've left behind.

Sucrose fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Jun 4, 2013

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
F
C
E

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
C + M, SerSpook's plan

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
A + K

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

Cry out to Smattas and Marnal

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

Deadmeat5150 posted:

SMATTAS! SAVE US!

This, but also E. Cry out to Smattas between wordless screaming.

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

A Terrible Person posted:

Voting F and O: We're not taking the cloak because we're instead joining Ishamal inside of it. We're going to lean on him for support while urging him to move as fast as we can manage, too.

*edit* fixed excessive bolding.

Voting this

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
E + H!

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
B + A

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
A

Not including dreams, we have never seen anything like that, so don't lie.

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
C

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

dyzzy posted:

: try to explain to Danal that we are going to investigate the sound and that he should stay back at a safe distance. If our vocabulary isn't good enough, just contrive an adventure reason. That way, if we get into trouble, Danal can get to the camp and rouse the men.

I would worry that Danal will try to follow us anyway.