Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Klingtron
Sep 10, 2011
Voting B 'cause more humans are better than no humans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klingtron
Sep 10, 2011
Choice C I want us to start small but D sounds a bit to isolated to me.

Klingtron
Sep 10, 2011
B

Klingtron
Sep 10, 2011

Theglavwen posted:

1:

A: Father: Don't need to like him, but he seems pretty fanatical, so I assume he's spent a lot of time drilling and training us on the rituals of God.
H: We've been deeply indoctrinated with reverence for the sea and its God, the ocean is our constant companion, in it we are whole.
B: We seem to like Jorah, and seeing as we're somewhat of a pariah, and our father is intimidating, we probably spend time with him as a social role model.
E: Jalitha is around Jorah most of the time, so I guess we must see her when we see Jorah.
F: The shore is pretty close to the sea, and helps when we need to be dry.
D: Mom; we'd probably spend more time around her than Jalitha, but again, Jorah.
C: Who the hell is this Pagem? Cool uncle, but not as cool as Jorah.
G: The forest is not as close to the sea as the shore is.

2:

A. Yes, to Ashera and to the other gods of your people, because you believe in them

Here's the thing, our people are strongly superstitious, our father is a fanatical high priest, he's been training us our whole life to be high-priest after him. We have no real frame of reference, other than Jalitha, by which to judge the truth of our beliefs, aside from the assurances of our father and our people. The world seems to work as they say. Also, there was that voice we heard in the ocean, our trusted ocean, our beloved ocean.

Edit: ^^^ Woah, that's some nice voting there. Didn't notice that. Thumbs up dude.

Edit2: Actually, changed H from third-to-last to second. We're a bit of a social outcast, and in keeping with the rest of my post, we probably take solace in the sea first, before looking to other people. Also changed F to fifth, after Jalitha, since we must be there pretty often, what with it being so close to the ocean and all.

Gonna :effort: vote for this

Klingtron
Sep 10, 2011

Klingtron
Sep 10, 2011

SerSpook posted:

We have learned important information in the IRC.

Baitel has a gate. If we go there, we can hold it.

Well gently caress ... voting A for some sweet, sweet gate holding.

Klingtron
Sep 10, 2011

Klingtron
Sep 10, 2011

Theglavwen posted:

Pretty much what the Turtle said. The other votes can't be serious; we're not going to launch into a pious and eloquent sermon on the merits of the great saviour El, straight out of someone's prayer-book, while simultaneously renouncing everything we've known and fully believed in previously, as a young kid who's just been ripped violently out of familiarity and security. I cannot believe that's a serious suggestion, and as cool as the little poem is, do we really have the capacity or talent, nevermind the current clarity of mind and composure, to start making up entreating poems on the fly? Maybe if it's an established poem, that Jalitha's taught us, that we can maybe stammer out shakily half-remembered, sure, but come on, when did we switch from 'traumatized kid, burgeoning priest of Asherah' to loving Rudyard Kipling?

Yeesh, tell them he's boss of the sky giants, and worshipped by the people of the land, and who rules over them the way Asherah rules the sea. Say he must be pretty important, otherwise Asherah wouldn't have let him manage the life that Asherah spawned upon the land that he brought forth from the ocean.

Keep in mind we have no reason to doubt what we've 'learned' of Asherah; whatever we think of El we must have someone reconciled it in our head with what we 'know' of Asherah.

Voting for this as it makes the most sense as we believe in both gods.

Klingtron
Sep 10, 2011
B

Also ask mom if Uncle Jorah was a canibal

Klingtron
Sep 10, 2011
I'm not sure whether we should be excited or distrustful but we need a friend dammit!

2. +

Also could we ask our mom who our fake mom was?

Klingtron
Sep 10, 2011
I don't care much about the clothes so long as we keep our tooth and shell necklace. I mean we can't go nude forever no matter how funny that would be but it's not a huge deal.

Klingtron
Sep 10, 2011
I will name him George

Klingtron
Sep 10, 2011
Changing my vote to Barkof

Klingtron
Sep 10, 2011

OhYo posted:

That doesn't sound like dogs are the bottom-feeding, scrap-eating animals I presumed them to be. Sounds more like they could a respectable addition to our venue. I'm in favor of a dog, but only if we name him Gilgamel (Gilgamesh + El)

We had better keep the animal well trained and teach it that giving respect awards respect.

I mean if you're gonna combine names might as well call him Jor-El. That way he'll be named after both Jorah and El also he would be superman's dad.

Klingtron
Sep 10, 2011

SerSpook posted:

As far as J goes, I think it is probably a good idea to get to know the future king. Tudiya is a good man, and deserves our thanks. However, Danal is our future and will likely be someone that we journey with often.

This We'll be having awesome adventures with our bro in no time.

Klingtron
Sep 10, 2011
C
A
C

Klingtron
Sep 10, 2011
Question 1

Question 2

Question 3

Klingtron
Sep 10, 2011
U F Z

I want us to lure the monsters away from Jalitha and Danal

Klingtron
Sep 10, 2011
Well obviously I'm voting A to not get eaten hopefully. I really didn't think anything would happen with our little lightning ritual like at best nothing would happen and we'd get saved by one of the guys coming towards us.

Klingtron
Sep 10, 2011

Eryxias posted:

Option B: Stand up

Option D & F: Tell Ishamal about the stuff you saw and felt(particularly that fish dude) see what he knows about it.

Option H

This. We need to tell people about this and our last vision or whatever it was. This poo poo is obviously important

Klingtron
Sep 10, 2011

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

Tell Tudiya about the "Storm is Coming" and "Save for Years of Hardship" dream instead

Edit: Also keep eating. Gotta eat well if you want to be a big swole warrior.

This. I'm pretty sure this stuff is the important part anyway

Klingtron
Sep 10, 2011
H Merchant. With our math and reading skills along with our legal knowledge this is really what we're best at. Hopefully we'll have some cool adventures in foreign cities.

Klingtron
Sep 10, 2011
E

I mean we probably won't get any real answers but the worst case scenario here is we make mom feel better

Klingtron
Sep 10, 2011

Diogines posted:

Tudiya looks at you for a long, very possibly awkward moment and then shows a slight hint of surprise as if he found something he did not expect?

Welp looks like he just found out that he can't read our mind anymore. I hope that doesn't freak him out to much

I'll vote A then F because we can't really take this back now.

Klingtron
Sep 10, 2011
1.B Sneaky archer best archer

2.I

3.M Stay out of his way and maybe get a good shot off now and then

4.S One for each of us!

5.x I mean at this point we kind of know there's more

Klingtron
Sep 10, 2011
O and P These guys stayed loyal we can't let em die and R to get a better shot

Klingtron
Sep 10, 2011
1.A
2.M At first I thought she meant that the fight itself would destroy the city but that obviously didn't happen so there being some kind of secret trap seems more likely now.

Klingtron
Sep 10, 2011
A It'd be pretty lovely to ignore his order right after saying we have faith in him to give orders.

Klingtron
Sep 10, 2011
I She wanted to convert me, and you as well I assume, but when I refused her she grabbed me.

Klingtron
Sep 10, 2011
AJO Also tell Tudiya everything as well

Klingtron
Sep 10, 2011

Diogines posted:

"The dead. You saw the dead Enkidel."

Why did some of them dissolve while others flew to the north?

Can you see the dead? Is that common for Mighty Men?

How can I see the dead?

Klingtron
Sep 10, 2011

Wentley posted:

1. You...

C. You got involved and using your knowledge of Zepath's laws and custom to show that Lefkandi has done nothing wrong. A legal argument.

Also, let Tudiya know we have a vested interest. He should know.

2. You told the witch Indor...

Yes. IF she is licensed. However, we talk to our father first and tell him that the poor are going without potions and we've been asked to help. If he allows it, help her out for cash.

3. (Only if you voted to help Indor)

M. Do not hide it. You will probably be able to get her even more this way.

Once again, only after talking to Tudiya first.

4. What did you learn best on your hunts with Aaron? You have three points to spend, all on one choice if you wish, or to divide between them.

2 x O. Archery. I practiced as much as I could and spent as much of my down time as possible training with my bow.

1 x R. Stealth. You learned some of how to move through the wilds unseen with Aaron which helps a bit in the city as well, but what you know are tips and advice hepful for hunting but little more. Aaron is... very stealthy, he can sneak up upon monsters and slice their necks when he is so inclined. You learned more of stealth.

5. When time seemed to slow, you usually...

V. Used them to your benefit to take carefully aimed shots with your bow.

I agree with most of this but when we talk with Tudiya don't ask for his consent. We should tell him to either get the temple of El to lower their potion prices or we will help Indor.

Edit: Also if we help Indor she should donate a small portion of her profits to the temple to make it a bit better for Tudiya.

Klingtron fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Jan 12, 2014

Klingtron
Sep 10, 2011

FoxTerrier posted:

You all should spend less time arguing about potters, and more time worried about the fact we're currently voting to trade all the good-will we've just earned in the city for petty cash. :toot:

Alright I'm switching to not helping Indor I didn't really like it in the first place. I just wish we could help the poor.

Klingtron
Sep 10, 2011
C. Block the goblin with your shield and try to calm down.

If we do something really cool it should be against the ogre and not a single goblin. That being said we can't do cool stuff if we're dead so don't die.

Klingtron
Sep 10, 2011
I'll vote G

Klingtron
Sep 10, 2011

Theglavwen posted:

1: U: Tell them the truth, but somberly stress the plight of the human-cattle. Tell them that it was an idyllic place, where humans are kept content and fattened with plenty of food and protection, but only so that they might be fat and complacent when the Demon wished to feed. Tell them that the people lead easy lives, and may think themselves happy or blessed, but in truth their lives are short, brutal, and always overshadowed by fear. The Demon can turn foul at any time, it is known that an arbitrary death at its whims can hide around any corner. And tell them of the cannibalism, how the old, infirm, or simply inconvenient are sacrificed to The Demon's eternal hunger. Make it clear that the people of Athar are not monsters, but are to be pitied: they are dumb cattle who think themselves happy, and are enslaved to the whims of a hungry tyrant.

2: N.

3: V: Although I'd almost like to do something like make it a bigger party. Maybe we could let him host, but bring along a lot of food and entertainment of our own, invite people and make the whole thing a celebration of the triumph over the heretics, a toast to us and to Eleazar. Or something. I dunno, V for now.

Voting for this

Klingtron
Sep 10, 2011
A

Have them back up our story and tell them that if they tell the truth we will let them go back to their king instead of taking them to the temple of El for punishment.

Klingtron
Sep 10, 2011
1.A

2.H++ M

3.S

4.Zb

"No, we've been born at a time where men grow weaker and the demons grow stronger. One day the storm will come and we will be tested. If we succeed people will talk about us like the heroes of the old tales but if we fail, well, there won't be much talk at all."

Klingtron
Sep 10, 2011
1.C Easily the coolest way we should do this whenever we lose people.
2.K Just a bit.
3.P Also tell them we'll explain stuff when they're older.
4. All of these are fine.
5.L Q R S X Y Zb Zc
6.C H J Teach her to swim.

hollylolly posted:

Now that I think about it, Ruth should/will probably end up marrying Danal's son.

Nah Sniper Goddess Ruth will marry a proper archer from Seir.

Klingtron fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Oct 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klingtron
Sep 10, 2011
1. B We should give some free weapons out to our people to get them equipped for an attack.

2. G Could we maybe hire a trainer from somewhere? Like I want us to use our club but this is gonna take a while.

3. N We started this to help Zepath not get rich after all.

4. Q

5. W We want these guys healthy. happy, and well equipped for when trouble comes.

6. D This should be enough to do whatever we want right now.