Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

Always A. All the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

I'm thinking b this time. Everyone else is all settled down, but wandering around gives more chances for adventure!

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

H. Uncle will fix everything! He probably isn't a big meanyhead. Hopefully. Maybe.

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

A Terrible Person posted:

Voting J: Try to cut off roughly half of Jalitha's hair why crying out for Ashera to forgive both us and Jalitha.

Ooh, this.

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

H, alone, swimming in the ocean, learning the ways of Ashera
A. Father, learning how to be high priest
B. Uncle Jorah, he's chill as gently caress.
f. Alone along the beach
D. Mom
E. Jalitha
C Uncle Pagam
G. Alone in the forest

2. A FOR BASSCOP!!!!

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

Don't ask if he's our father, tell him about the voice. Our father doesn't seem like that bad a dude. He just really cares about the village.

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

A and D. Yah we should try diplomacy, but hey, sometimes you gotta stab a dude with a fishing spear.

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

DCBomB posted:

Any vote against A is a vote for the beatings to continue

The beatings will continue until morale improves. Not A

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

G. Grab the tooth and run for the beach! Asherah will keep us safe!

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

Disargeria posted:

Maybe it's like a philosophical question that they're seeking an answer to.

"El is the storm that comes." is a delightfully mysterious and prophetic answer, just in case we're somehow the angelbaby of El or something.

Either this, or
El is giant pussy, and Asherah could totally take him in a fight.

We're a teenager in our society, we should be acting like a little rear end in a top hat.

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

maxhush posted:

Jorahs coming to get us - The outsiders have killed his brother; A priest of Asherah, stolen his son and taken Asherah's tooth, their most holy relic. The great hunger will guide them to us. Pagams going to go Predator on these demons from the North.

Say;

El is the king of the sky giants. He and his giants send lightning to punish evil people and monsters. My Dad shot lightning at you.

:colbert:

Changing to this.

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

D We chose the sea people, we can't just completely give up on our heritage in every way.

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

A Darker Porpoise posted:

Pray to El and Asherah as we've always done.

I'm filled with emotion! Let's set the pot to simmer and one day flash boil all over this town.

H+M, lovely clothing stores of VENGEANCE! :black101:

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

A.

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

Tsyni posted:

You guys are so lame.

OPTION D. Filled with blood lust, you'll soon have your revenge.
OPTION B. In front of you a few steps, it's soon time to strike.
OPTION F. PLUNGE THE SPEAR INTO HIS HEART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's time to give Ashera the sign he's been waiting for. If we eat the flesh from Danal's body they will think an animal ate him.

Yep, time for this. dbf

War Requiem posted:

Though the sacrifice to Asherah seems funny, I don't feel Asherah being that strong of an influence to us. Asherah hasn't really spoken to us like the kings words about El. Asherah is probably just one of the dragons that Sky Giants slayed (...what were the giants called? Anges?) Besides, Shushem was a total jerk, why do we care about his god?

We've heard Asherah speak to us, and grew up with him as our primary influence. Besides, following an awesome sea dragon is much more hardcore.

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

Zybourne Clock posted:

It's an established fact that Asherah does not offer his followers protection or any other rewards for showing loyalty. The only thing he cares about is that his followers live according to his rules; anyone that deviates can expect a punishment. Attempting to somehow gain Asherah's favor is a fool's errand.

By the same logic, not doing it risks Asherah's wrath for deviating from his rules. Lack of punishment can be a reward of sorts.

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

Changing my 3f vote to 3I.

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

Hold the door.

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

JR

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

A and H, using the tooth and the spear. We aren't helpless children, we are going to be heroes! Also we know how to spearfish, this is just like a really big fish. On land. Trying to eat us. Ok, its nothing like a big fish, but we can still be big drat heroes!

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

C and D. Try and eat him while screaming that you're sorry and to please help.

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

Heheh, I mostly went with that because the mental image is hilarious, and I doubt anything we do to help or hinder Ismeal would stop him from doing what he wanted to do. Also, it honestly seems kind of realistic. We're terrified and want it to all stop, but also incredibly, overwhelmingly hungry.

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

Ralith posted:

A, N, K: Pray to Sojenus, He Who Falls.

Yep. This one.

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

B, D&F, G Maxhush's theory, plus our coughing up seawater, seeing Asherah and then surviving the fall, makes me think that the tooth could come in very handy later.

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

Does Ninveh give up when her children are being eaten? Does Sme-crab guy run and hide when Asherah tries to eat the ones he protects? The world is a cold, hard, mean place, and we know that. We are tired and miserable and most likely a gently caress up, and we want nothing more but to fall down and sleep. But we can do this! Just. Keep Swimming!. CI mean B

Cat Wings fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Jun 19, 2013

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

GoneWithTheTornado posted:

Uhm, I think you've mixed up B and C.

Whoops, thanks. Changed to b.

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

D, Uncle Jorah was the protector in our town. Crab god is the protector in the stories. He will keep us safe.

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

d, but I think I'm going with it for a different reason then everyone else. In the story we heard about lobster-god, he fought off Asherah after getting his claw bitten off. So we have a choice. We can swim to Jorah, try and take shelter with the lobster-god, or we can BE the lobster god. We've lost the hand, fight off Asherah and take on our role as a protector.

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

G

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

E: Danal, Enkidel. Lets start our own adventures and stories!

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

A and F Anyone can play at heroes, lets go BE heroes. Also, let him keep the monkey :3:.

And slightly metagame reasoning, this sounds like a plot hook. We can either keep on ignoring them, and keep on drudging through the forest until we get to the city, or we can follow it, and let neat things happen! They might end in us getting maimed or killed, but they'll be neat!

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

Adventure Time!

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

Take the shark tooth, leave your necklace behind. We need to replace the evil one we lost, and maybe this one is a good one.

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

B,D,E

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

Oh hell yes. J all the way.

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

1a, 2a.

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

1b and 3c.

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

Looks like the vote is pretty set already, but I'm going to go with something completely different. F: Go out to do battle, fully into the fray!. We've been ordered to stay home, but we are at the critical stage in any heroes life where they need to start distinguishing themselves. Once we've proven to the world that we're great heroes, we can start being responsible. Now, its time to be reckless!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

1D We're a teenager, and thus, immortal. 2g gently caress yah, adventure. 3a By this point, we probably regard Danal as a little brother, why would we get mad at him? 5h Better view is always better, and besides, we got nothing to worry about.