Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Foppington
Feb 11, 2013

Neon Dreams
Oh god, I finally made it to the end of this thread after about 2 weeks of power reading; I am left with even more questions than I started with!

I seriously hope we live long enough to get some answers. Answers replenish my [???] where as cryptic answers from... essentially every character in the game have the opposite effect. I can feel the hunger brewing, I don't know if I could take dying in ignorance.

Kudos to you Diog for keeping this up as long as you have, if this story was told in book format I'd definitely buy and read it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foppington
Feb 11, 2013

Neon Dreams

hollylolly posted:

The only book that ends halfway through with the protagonist devouring his loyal followers and then running off into the ocean. :cheeky:

Maybe we can get some answers from Asherah.

Foppington
Feb 11, 2013

Neon Dreams
Honestly I wonder what we are... I'd not be surprised if we were the spawn of Asherah, considering our strength is related so closely to hunger and those Bniamokt pegged us as an Ashrakan. So many questions!

Foppington
Feb 11, 2013

Neon Dreams

Tomn posted:

Voting we ask a random rock who our father is, and get increasingly angry as it continues to stonewall us.

Since this sums up my general feeling after having read up to here, I also think we should do this.

Foppington
Feb 11, 2013

Neon Dreams

I have learned nothing from this tale. Such is the folly of Lord Foppington. I'm still for yelling at and consuming that rock we were talking about. NOM.

Foppington
Feb 11, 2013

Neon Dreams
1. B
Will probably be good for mending a rocky diplomatic relationship. We did also say what we did... if the slaves have owners, off they go.

2. H
Outside city walls and Tudiya turns a blind eye, why shouldn't we?

3. Q
He sounds pretty cool. I mean drat, there's even a Hero in his name.

4. X
Praise EEEEEEEEL!

Foppington
Feb 11, 2013

Neon Dreams
A, since our last solo venture in lizardville went as spectacularly as it did. Nothing wrong with a little straight forward action once in a while.

Foppington
Feb 11, 2013

Neon Dreams
C seems like a safe choice

Foppington
Feb 11, 2013

Neon Dreams
G = Make a leap of faith off the shelf and see if we have mousy wings. Also on success, rasp our mousy tongue.

Foppington
Feb 11, 2013

Neon Dreams
BHT something is coming for us and our expenditure is probably in self defence. Expend a little more and let's get out of here.

Foppington
Feb 11, 2013

Neon Dreams
S It seems like a good idea!

Foppington
Feb 11, 2013

Neon Dreams
Hello! Let's stir things up a bit. Y

Foppington
Feb 11, 2013

Neon Dreams
Wow... I'm gone for a week and all this happens!

AV

I usually just lurk but I'd be upset not to discover more of what this setting has to offer.

Foppington
Feb 11, 2013

Neon Dreams
E

Let us run and learn from our mistakes! Live to fight another day.

Foppington
Feb 11, 2013

Neon Dreams
G: Plan A Terrible Person

Foppington
Feb 11, 2013

Neon Dreams
Could someone elaborate on what is happening in regards to these sudden updates?

I still check the thread bookmark every week in hopes of a development! I don't think my fragile psyche could take another let down.

Foppington
Feb 11, 2013

Neon Dreams

Diogines posted:

If all goes to plan, today, in fact.

Yes! I can't wait! Thank you!

Foppington
Feb 11, 2013

Neon Dreams
Hi, my votes are as follows:

1. C.

2. J OTHER
: Convince them to commit suicide by using the argument that all of their fallen ancestors / family are now waiting for them atop Mount Har now that they have been freed from the demons evil clutches and want nothing more than to be reunited in the idyllic afterlife.

Foppington
Feb 11, 2013

Neon Dreams
Hi Diog, a question:

The scrolls of knowledge, are they equivalent or greater than the knowledge Labaras was in possession of?

Thinking about good old Ish and "You shall not meddle in the affairs of man", I think sharing divine knowledge surpassing that of Labaras' teachings is definitely meddling in the affairs of man.

So is it possible to probe the spirits for an answer regarding this?

Foppington
Feb 11, 2013

Neon Dreams

the_steve posted:

Killing the villagers is bad.
Putting them in stasis isn't much better, especially when we have no promise that we'll be able to return to unstasis them.

"You're free everyone! Now hop into the coma chamber, I'll see you in a few decades if I don't forget or die first."

Well to be fair; it's not like stasis will make any difference to them. Everyone they know and love will be in stasis with them so there won't be much to adjust to, judging by the world's rate of progression. Surely it's a better option than a near certain death.

Edit: Although the chances of being in permastasis are real, I am sure many capable people including Tudiya will be eager to investigate once (if) we regale of our tales.

Foppington
Feb 11, 2013

Neon Dreams

Magnusth posted:

diog does there exist a big scroll of medicine, herbalism or similar?

The Divine Scroll of 420 Blaze It

Foppington
Feb 11, 2013

Neon Dreams
I think saying something along the lines of "The villagers decided to join the rest of their loved ones and ancestors freed from the clutches of the demons a top of Mount Har in eternal paradise. They deemed the road ahead too daunting. El in his glory has granted their request." As in, we make it sound like it was their choice. Maybe we could even convince them?

I think that sounds pretty good as far as explanations for Q go?

Foppington fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Aug 2, 2016

Foppington
Feb 11, 2013

Neon Dreams

Nettle Soup posted:

It's still lying though.

Well leaders have to make the tough decisions, and ignorance is definitely bliss in this case.

Foppington
Feb 11, 2013

Neon Dreams
Changing from 1 C to Q

Foppington
Feb 11, 2013

Neon Dreams
1. B
2. E
3. I

Are we finally getting praised by Ishamal? This is our chance to get in the good books guys!

I was tempted to vote for serving the watchers, but Ish did put an emphasis on boring. As we are Enkidel, I'm assuming he thinks we personally would find it boring.

Which is no fun! Let's earn our answers.

Work of art.

Foppington
Feb 11, 2013

Neon Dreams
L

Been a while since I have voted, would be rude not to!

Voting L, I think we should come back when we have permission to die.

Personally I think this entire situation seems like the calm before a storm and we have more important things to attend to than meet a grisly end.

Maybe worth asking Ishamal about the things we did discover before going further.

Edit: I think it's important to add, have we ever found anything deep underground in Ur that has been good news?

Foppington fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Apr 19, 2018

Foppington
Feb 11, 2013

Neon Dreams
Yep, but all of these were outside of Ur weren't they?

I agree the Hive was both cool and nice. Rip answers.

Edit: Basically my theory is there is a force that defines the borders of Ur and prevents (to a degree) big nasties from roaming freely. The really big nasties sure seem skeptical when it comes to treading here, yet a lot of the small nasties seem to thrive underground? I get the impression that a lot of nasty stuff that would usually be roaming up top has been driven underground in Ur. The screaming under Zepath is a pretty good example, as well as the Norc underground abductions.

Foppington fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Apr 19, 2018

Foppington
Feb 11, 2013

Neon Dreams

Crazycryodude posted:

We've never found anything cool deep underground inside Ur specifically because we've never BEEN deep underground inside Ur specifically.

E: Is the OrmPit is technically in Ur? If so, I think that's the only time we've actually been deep underground in Ur.

I don't think that has actually been mentioned? Didn't we fly to get out of there or do I misremember? If we flew then it is definitely outside of Ur.

Edit: I remember that in many Diog posts the Orm was used as a benchmark of "is it ok to fly out there", so I think it is outside.

Foppington
Feb 11, 2013

Neon Dreams
drat! A lot has happened in the last 3 years. Took me a few weeks but I'm finally caught up. Looking forward to taking part in right-voting :buddy:

Foppington
Feb 11, 2013

Neon Dreams

A Terrible Person posted:

Glad you actually made it!

Wild ride, yeah?

Do you have any theories as to the wider world of Ur?

It feels dangerous to guess! I mean, it seems pretty clear that there's supernatural things everywhere inside of Ur civilised society with a lot of our companions recently outing themselves. Indor/Puabi not being a heretic sorcerer and actually a melachim was a big surprise. Makes me feel a little less guilty for our earlier escapades and turning a blind eye in regards to Eshers' interactions with them. However it seems we are different somehow? Considering how eager some of the powers that be are to get their hands on us, compared to others that we now know to be Melachim, makes me think Enkidel is something more than that. Chait sure seemed surprised that we could generate nephesh and judging by the older melachim they were in short supply with no way to replenish. Honestly this information may be better to keep to ourselves from this point on... *sips wine*

It could be that we're the same tier of being as Fare, Asherah & Nusku etc, and these are entities that still maintain a physical wordly presence? El *may* fall into the same tier category but is someone who has mastered the realm of "other-stuff" and centered themselves on Mount Har trying mostly to stay out of the affairs of this plane? Who is our daddy and what does he do? (I still don't know)

Something ain't right with the protectorate. Fare (or Doz'ga'mot?) told us in no uncertain terms to leave it alone as a part of his package deal, that I actually would have voted to take. Making me think that there's some Karnak related shenanigans going on there especially with the constant emphasis on how cunning Fare is supposed to be.

Tsyni posted:

What domain would you have voted for? Hmmmm? If you can think about how you felt after that ascension update, and not looking at the this current battle.

I would have voted for Enkidel the Hero; but I am not disappointed with the outcome! Being a one-man spanish inquisition is pretty rad. Also I am very fond of swords.

With 20/20 hindsight and the current plan to relocate to the interior I think Enkidel the Cunning would have served us best.

Foppington fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Nov 4, 2022

Foppington
Feb 11, 2013

Neon Dreams

Ouroborus posted:

My take is we don't generate it, we absorb it, when we do awesome stuff in front of many people their awe feeds our godbattery. I suspect it will turn out we'll never be really efficient at using nephesh ourself but we'll be able to feed it to our Mighty Men and melichim more and more efficiently. You can see where I am going with this? We're what passes for a God in this world, a newborn God with no real inkling how to be a God. I'd bet if we climbed mount Har we'd find someone like us, full of so much nephesh that reality itself gets a little wonky around them, confined to Mt. Har by oath, pride or perhaps constant removal of limbs. I bet she/he doesn't poop either.

Yeah, I have had similar thoughts, would explain why leaving Kavodel is something inherently disgusting to us.

You've got the "mortals" who are slowly building our energy. I think that you may have a point in our form of existence being unable to use nephesh efficiently. Which is why the Mighty Men as conduits have been necessary. Perhaps Melachim with their set amount of nephesh are created directly by god-entities to carry out their will? It makes sense - especially with angry angel man Suriel referring to Indor/Puabi as having shirked their duties. It has also been implied heavily that they do not have sexy bits and it is impossible for them to have children - not so in our case? At least before the Ishsectomy. So how else would they come about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foppington
Feb 11, 2013

Neon Dreams
C G

Eyes on the prize