Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!
Voting for S. Stasis is tempting but I'm not comfortable with it for various reasons. Traveling home with the people we can save plus leaving the adults with their freedom seems least bad to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!
I'm ambivalent between scrolls and necklace. The only real reason I'd want to keep the scrolls is to return them to Amok later anyway.

CI

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!
A, but I don't like all this weirdness.

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!
BEH

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!
Question for Ishamal: Do you have a "well" that is filled with "water"? If not, how are you so intimate with the workings of mine?

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!
I'm not really seeing the advantage of wings that we can never use without four months travel south. I kind of wonder about Amok's motive for sticking them on Enkidel. Who's to say that even is our 'natural' form in the first place? Body shape is fairly alterable at a certain power level (with attendant changes in mindset).

Question for Diogenes: Can Enkidel perceive any difference in the way he thinks about the world or other people since he received the wings compared to before?

Question for Ishamal: Can you (or whoever) safely remove my wings?

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!

TacoNight posted:

It was hinted that they were natural when our body tried to regenerate them after Tanaach. Ish seems to now accept that they are indeed part of us and not some addition.

We won't use them day-to-day right now, and they won't get in the way at all (they will probably go unnoticed in the story except for possibly votes whether to break the rules under various circumstances. The biggest thing is the knowledge about who we are, but the wings will likely come in handy sometime in the far future and it will be good to practice with them when we have the chance.

It was also hinted that Enkidel was subconsciously trying to grow wings during his regeneration because that's what he wanted/thought he was. I'm not buying this thing that Amok just gave us what us natural to us. He rewired our body so we'd look like him specifically. His conception of what a nephilim is includes wings and getting worshipped as a god. I'm pretty sure with the right power and circumstance (leaving our body in retcon #1) we could take any shape we wanted to. Different shapes affect our mind differently.

Take notice of the "lesser beings" language. This has been used twice now. Our wings of course. And the Laurels, which we created/chose/whatever after we were altered against our will by Amok.

After thinking about it tonight I've really turned around on Amok. The guy violated our both our mind and body without asking. Just because he let some info slip that didn't matter to him and just so happened to alter our body in a way that lined up with the desires of some posters we give him a pass? He did everything some folks constantly accuse Ishamal and the Melachim of doing but blatantly and without asking or apologizing.

rex monday fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Aug 14, 2016

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!

Greggster posted:

Danal is never ever going to get out of our shadow, dude rescues a child and a deranged man ; We obliterate some huge fuckoff giants AND save 180 children.

I think we should make it a point to say that we never would have believed it was possible to do it if he hadn't done it first. Give him as much credit as we can without sounding like a dick.

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!
Don't forget one big difference between the geology of Ur and our world. In Ur, most gems come out of the gullets of monsters and giant birds poo poo gold. Not sure how this fits in with an astrophysics based view of the fusion of elements for form heavy metals.

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!
H

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!
I

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!
A

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!
Dio, when we've seen old people die, was their blue smoke in the shape of the body they had then or was it a young version of them?

E L O

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!
Also, think long term. Enkidel is going to be king of Zepath. If there is a real deal temple in Kavodel, do we think the magistrate that replaces us will be able to defend it?

Of the options available I choose 16

rex monday fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Nov 19, 2016

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!
9A

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!
BF

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!
F

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!
F

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!
C

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!
D

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!

TheCog posted:

"NO" enkidle screamed, to the people who had saved his rear end and saved him from being outright eliminated by other powers. "MY FEELINGS ARE MORE IMPORTANT THAN WHATEVER YOUR AGENDA IS" he wailed, like a child deprived of his favorite toy, to the forces that had saved his home city from utter annihilation, and saved him from his own stupidity when he tried to transplant his soul to a dog. "YOUR INSTRUCTIONS ARE STUPID, BECAUSE THEY DON'T ACCOUNT FOR MY WORSHIP FUELED FEELINGS" he continued to rail uselessly, after being given clear guidance by his mentor that had spent the majority of his time training him for the past 50 years, and without which he would have no ability to manage his stupendous strength and who had promised to fight for him if other powers came to get him, and who had kept him from creating dozens of hunger demons. "I'M SO MAD YOU DON'T TRUST ME" he continued, having directly meddled in the affairs of kings and broken oaths over and over. "WHEN ITS BEEN WHAT, 30 YEARS?!?!" he said, to the immortal beings who measure actions in centuries "I WON'T BREAK THE WORLD drat IT" he said, when he has, in fact in the past come perilously close to doing so. "I DESERVE THIS CAUSE I'M THE BEST!" he said, to the beings trying to judge his ability at making responsible decisions with limited information and his ability to listen to authority. "gently caress YOU gently caress YOU gently caress YOU." he shouted to the heavens, making an impressive case for trusting him with the secrets of the universe and the very nature of the melachim.

Like Ish and the trio have no obligation to tell us anything. They've given us pretty explicit instructions, ignore the feelings and make a logical choice with what you know. Almost like in real life you often have to make decisions with limited information, and that happens more and more the more powerful and responsible you are.

A

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!
A

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!

BoyG posted:

What if the sandles themselves are watching us? What if they're a Fare spy!?

How much do we really know about these sandles?

Oh poo poo what if the sandals are the watcher that's always below us?!

Stand on our head and consult our sense of where we are being observed from. Actually that may have been a one time sense we had of the watchers' directions.

rex monday fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Jun 6, 2017

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!
C

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!

TheCog posted:

Random crazy theory time.

A long time ago there was a snake goddess. She was very very lonely, despite having snake worshipers, so she crafted a snake consort to live with her. He wasn't very bright, and he was crafted to love her utterly and completely, he's just a giant snake consort, free of any divine powers or compelling god voice, or other such powers. One day Zepa comes calling. He's taking over this land. He's willing to kick rear end and take names, but he's not an unreasonable dick. So he cuts a deal with snake lady, they'll keep to their land, and as long as they don't leave, Zepa won't boot their rear end. Things are fine for the snake people, and the orm and the snakelady.

One day, Zepa and Damat show up. They have a rushed discussion with snake lady. Asherak is stirring, and is going to conquer all their realms. Snakelady sees the need to fight, but, well, she doesn't want to place the orm in danger, she's loves him after all.. She also knows she might not return from this adventure. So, she grabs a fraction of her divinity and infuses the orm with it, before marching off to war. Now to the orm, this is Zepa and Damat taking her away from her Home! Where she belongs! And despite getting this divine seed which makes him immensely powerful, he's still just a giant, dim lovestruck snake. The battle against Asherak is brutal, and snakelady falls to hunger, or is consumed making the bindings upon Asherak. When Zepa returns and explains that she won't be coming back, the Orm freaks out, and Zepa, being slightly kind, or maybe Damat, honur the agreement they had with snake lady, letting the Orm continue to live here. The orm, inconsolable, orders all the people of his realm to FIND HER AND BRING HER HOME and compelled by his divinity, they all run off to FIND HER AND BRING HER HOME, where, one by one they die, or are picked off, or wind up enslaved by other players (like 7-bird maybe?). The orm remains alone, sad, in the ruins of the civilization he accidentally destroyed.

I think something like this is pretty close. The Orm was her consort. Like if we had married Snarls. A combination of lover and whatever we did to make Snarls the way he is. I think the feeling we get that he's not smart is just because he's a snake with different kind of mind. I think the Ladysnake that made him was a Nephilim like Enkidel. When the Melachim were sleeping with women and making babies, I don't think they limited it to humans. They might have made mortal-divine hybrids with lots of stuff, especially if they cared for that particular kind of creature deeply. (Five bucks says Azzazel has a goat Nephilim out there somewhere.)

So then Orm is her immensely powerful [whatever Snarls is] but "they took her away." Where? I'm guessing Mt. Har. My guess is she went hunger demon, or close to it, or otherwise broke the rules and agreed to leave and be sealed away up the mountain. I think you're dead on about the Orm mindcontrolling the rest of the snake civlization to FIND HER AND BRING HER HOME, causing "snake monsters" out int he wilderness to be a thing.

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!

Mr. Nemo posted:

Ohhh, now i get why Kings don't force Enkidel to bow.

If they did that, they'd have to look him the eyes.

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!

Diogines posted:

Not only do they not know how to swim, they are members of an entire civilization who is tremendously terrified of water. Expect them drown in terror.

Who is seen as crazier? Zepathans that live a little closer to the sea or Accoans who live right beside a depthless lake?

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!
Hey, how did Obel know I've dealt with you guys? Which one of you snitched?

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!

Dog Kisser posted:

I'm super tempted to run a game where the game's already done and it's just an extended postmortem Q&A session. Just answering every question and backstory reference, no matter how vague or nonsensical, and try to see if we can build a story backwards from there.

You should look into Microscope. You've kinda just described it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!

John Lee posted:

I had a bad dream last night where, to keep the summary short, I was playing a board game based on the thread, and we all had characters but the character of Enkidel was supposed to be a collaborative endeavor, but everyone just kept defaulting to "Eh, whatever you say, John, it's cool," and I was incredibly stressed about being the only guy in charge of Our Friend Enkidel.

I have no idea what kind of notes Diog keeps re: our personalities and how much of a difference they make to in-game stuff (if any), but I figured that this'd be a good time to lay out how I feel regarding voting, in case it makes a miniscule difference to Diog's Calculation Engine:

I don't vote much at all, for a number of reasons.

1. I'm not entirely comfortable putting my vote in when the consequences are hard to predict and the (virtual) stakes are so high.
2. I don't want to engender a bunch of ill will by voting 'wrong;' this thread can get pretty heated sometimes, and I don't want to get that shitstorm directed at me.
3. Almost always, when I put together a coherent argument about something important, I read the thread only to find that someone else has said it better and is far in the lead.
4. One time, I was really in a good mood, and excited to read the latest update, and I was feeling so jazzed I was even going to vote, and for the first time ever I skimmed an update and it just so happened to be the one where Diog put a hidden command on how to vote to check who was actually reading the updates and I've been ashamed every time I enter this thread since.

So most of the time when I DO vote, I'm a little drunk, or really tired, because I have to be out of my normal state of mind to actually show myself in the thread.

This is also how I feel. I follow this thread every day. Hell, it's 90% of the reason I check the forums these days. But I don't feel comfortable voting almost ever.