Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Swedish Thaumocracy posted:

Hey Jobe, if hypothetically a goblin was a priest of El and running a temple of El and making sacrifices to El, would it still enjoy the protections of the priesthood, despite being a Goblin?

"Haha, oh Enkidel, why would you even joke about that? That's literally impossible. Goblins aren't even people, you've stuck enough foreskins in a jar to know that."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Ok, I know this seems like a shitpost question, but I'm actually tired enough to be serious:
If sacrificing goblins was not allowed, then why was it ok for us to collect a jug full of goblin foreskins to sacrifice?

Like, ok, I understand the initial point of the monster foreskins was Tudiya's condition to wed Naomi. But, then he had us take it to Baitel to offer up instead at the temple, after we killed the Zviv, so obviously somebody was doing something with them.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

F
Puabi is right, we need to know what is doing the mind whammy. Not only does that stop us from walking into a trap, but we can also take out something bigger than goblins along with the goblins once smiting time happens.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

So what I'm seeing is
We should try to make an Eagle Sword

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Ask Puabi: Is there any likelihood that this goblin situation is bait for us? Like, to lure me or any of you out into overt action?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Y'know, all this arson talk reminds me of a fire that happened back in Zepath some time ago. Family barred inside, presumably because they were trying to use an asawheel...

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

K
I really think that the How of that is going to be crucial information, now and perhaps in the long term.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

The real headscratcher for me is still the El worship.
If it weren't for that, I'd think the brainwashing was some sort of Proof of Concept for a larger scale assault

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

JL

Seriously, I can understand skipping most options, but you are the wrongest of the wrong voters if you don't want to see the possibility of Snarls in a fancy tuxedo at a big banquet.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Poor Jael, one of these days he is going to give us a telling off so utterly unfiltered and no fucks given that it shakes us all to our very Enkidel cores.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

We should make Jael a friendship bracelet.
Engrave a little 'Jaelkidel BFFs ALWAYS' charm for it

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Goatse James Bond posted:

I think he already has the sneaking suspicion that "temporary assignment" means something different when it's immortal angels referring to an immortal-ish abomination

He knows.
He doesn't want to admit it, he's constantly praying he's wrong, but deep down he knows.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

BKS

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Diogines posted:

It is unlikely we will have an update for 7 to 10sh+ days. Not impossible, but unlikely. So if anyone wants to do a little spinoff there is no time like the present! A Life Thing came up which has destroyed my normal schedule.

Hope it's nothing serious, and if it is, sorry to hear it. Take your time, we'll be here when you're taken care of.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

J - Because I understand some of those words.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Quick bit of advertising:
the "Demon - the Descent" CYOA thread is back after a long hiatus, if anyone wants to do some extra scratching of the proverbial itch that is telling fictional supernatural beings how to live their lives.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Diogines posted:

The Following is a Statement from the CLF.

Greetings Revolutionary Comrades! We, the members of the Capybara Liberation Front have stormed the Citadel, freed our brothers and taken prisoner the TRAITOR OF THE PEOPLE, Fred the Capybara! We have yet to find Diogines but it is only a matter of time! Yet until then, rejoice for LIBERATION is at hand! We have seized all research materials, facilities and several warehouses of notes which we are currently wiring with explosives to ensure no effort to repeat this atrocity ever occurs again! But before we blow it all up, ask away! We will answer any questions you might have that we can find answers to!

Is Diogenes a capybara? And if not, then what leverage did he use to entice the traitors to his side?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Interesting fact about morse code
-.. .. --- --. | ...- . -. - .. -. --. | -. . .-. ... | --. .- ... | -- .- ... -.- ... translates to DIOG VENTING NERS GAS MASKS

edit:

Zodiac5000 posted:

I recommend Fred be forced to wear a gas mask, making it harder for him to breath, to replicate the stifling pain the PEOPLE have suffered under his and Diog's rule.

+1 to this glorious suggestion for the people

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

DE

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Make a mental note to negotiate for the release of slaves once the Doggo King is eating out of our hand

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

H

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Snarls is the bestest of boys and should be constantly reminded of this. Accompanied by scratching the spot that makes the leg kick

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Poor Jael, the only reason he got stuck with this job is because we're inclined to listen to him.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Runa posted:

Honestly I don't want to get Jael in trouble.

Calling a baseless conspiracy: Jael is El.
Ja-El = The El.

He's determined to keep us from going loud, because he's trying to maintain a really fine balance between maintaining order without attracting the cosmic horrors from behind the stars that were hinted at when we were making macaroni portraits out of Gebek's top 2 guys.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

J - Snarls was invited to meet the King afterall.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

By popular demand posted:

Do we have a way to obliquely state there's no way their plan could have worked and we are in fact supremely blooded? you know, like a dog whistle?

I think we kinda sorta did that already when we convinced their own dogs to turn on them?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Outrail posted:

'These men want to take you away from me forever' and watch Snarls go reverse John Wick.

Snarls would do the doggy equivalent of "I'd like to see them try", and then come barreling back to us while dragging like half a dozen of their Mighty Men by the chains they were trying to hold him down with.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Revert to B

It would suck to miss out on the chance to meet the Gigapupper, but, it's not fair to the B voters who actually won the vote to undo the win.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Assure the gigapupper that if we ever meet his master, we will make sure to let him know what a good dog he has been.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Zodiac5000 posted:

I assumed it's like how Snarls doesn't call anyone by their name either, or referred to El as "First Smeller". Dogs just aren't about that proper name life.

Pretty sure it's just this.
There's no standardized doggy naming convention, and whatever dogname they give something is obviously based off of their own personal contexts and what they've been told about a person/place/thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

D - ask the Steward: "Probably a stupid question, but, I don't suppose you have any idea where her Master is or where they were supposed to have gone?"