Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

evilwaldo
Aug 2, 2004

@dcurban1: #FlyersTalk @28CGiroux and @Hartsy19 What do the C and A mean to you? We as fans expect more.Are you leaders or do you just make funny vids

@dcurban1: #flyerstalk @28CGiroux @Hartsy19 The A and the C are supposed to mean something. Leadership not stock quotes to reporters. Time to lead.

axleblaze posted:

God drat, that was INSANE!

Now the difficult task of figuring out a new thread title...

Eat the pennies

Could you find anything better? That line made me fall on the floor laughing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilwaldo
Aug 2, 2004

@dcurban1: #FlyersTalk @28CGiroux and @Hartsy19 What do the C and A mean to you? We as fans expect more.Are you leaders or do you just make funny vids

@dcurban1: #flyerstalk @28CGiroux @Hartsy19 The A and the C are supposed to mean something. Leadership not stock quotes to reporters. Time to lead.

The Impaler posted:

Are there new people working on the animation? There are quite a lot of meaningless blank stares that are prevalent on 21 and Hatred throughout the episode.

One of them did was/is a goon and has since moved on. It is tough to keep coming back when they don't have a regular schedule.

They probably had a new set of people doing the storyboards before they sent them overseas.

evilwaldo
Aug 2, 2004

Once you watch a few episodes and get past the bad animation you realize that it is a brilliant cartoon and cannot miss an episode.

evilwaldo
Aug 2, 2004

Morozko posted:

Ugh, as much as I love Dean's development, he's starting to get a tad insufferable in certain areas. Then again, I kinda admit that I'm starting to get rather defensive over Hatred. It's sweet how he really cares for the boys. And it's also hilarious when an ex pedophile is the better parent than their actual father.

I think that is the point with Dean. You want him to be insufferable. He is brooding, goth, and no friends but at the same time making progress with science on his own.

The bit with Hatred just sets up the failure of Doc as a parent because he never cared about the kids at all.

evilwaldo
Aug 2, 2004

Well, now I know where the 'eat the pennies' joke came from.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/dog-saved-swallowing-111-pennies-article-1.1286895

evilwaldo
Aug 2, 2004

1 yes but over 100?

evilwaldo
Aug 2, 2004

Winklebottom posted:

*sniff* A boy with a tummy ache.

Was I the only one slightly horrified at the fact that Hank killed and ate a seemingly sentient creature?

Not after seeing that he turned it into his Bat/Lobster car. The Bat must do what he can to survive.

evilwaldo
Aug 2, 2004

There is something messed up there regarding the Monarch's past. Early on he said that he was raised by butterflies in Mexico (?) so maybe there is some event that scarred him.

....or his parents just boned Jonas all the time ignoring him and Rusty was a jerk so his happiest memories from childhood were of running around the yard chasing butterflies.

That is a good amount of failure.

evilwaldo
Aug 2, 2004

No Brock?

evilwaldo
Aug 2, 2004

It would be pretty funny if the Monarch and Rusty are half or step brothers and Rusty has been giving him a portion of his trust fund every month which the Monarch uses to troll Rusty.

Rusty never noticed it because he was too lazy to actually look where they money was going.

evilwaldo
Aug 2, 2004

Pope Guilty posted:

You'd think Killinger would've noticed.

...or Rusty never paid attention. He had Sphynx operating in his backyard for years and never noticed.

evilwaldo
Aug 2, 2004

Manwithastick posted:

There's not enough discussion of the councilman Monstroso mentioned

Councilman 4 - the Clue Clown - with a name that silly we are are sure to hear of some gang called the "clue clown club" or something similar

I am sure it will have to do with KISS in some way if their music references continue especially since they started in New York during the 70's.

evilwaldo fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Jul 4, 2013

evilwaldo
Aug 2, 2004

Bloodnose posted:

So JP and Doc Hammer just write the show as they go along, right? It really seems like there's no overarching story that they've outlined since the beginning. It looks a lot like they're winging it, considering the threads they've left out in past seasons and never tied up. So it feels kind of pointless to speculate and sperg about stuff when, unless it was already written for this season, the showrunners probably have no more idea what they were doing with that thread than we do.

It's pretty sad when you think about it like that.

I still love the show though and that last episode in particular was really great.

They have said a few times that the overall theme of the show is failure.

evilwaldo
Aug 2, 2004

On all fronts including the after clip.

evilwaldo
Aug 2, 2004

There is a spoiler in the episode description that makes sense for this but WTF?

evilwaldo
Aug 2, 2004

Justaddwater posted:

It's a pity they keep having Rusty being shown as scared and panicked when hes in danger. I love the moments were he's just nonchalant and jaded as gently caress. I mean he's been dealing with poo poo like that nonstop for decades.

That comes from one of the animators who used to give Rusty an annoyed look in the background if the scene was not about him.

That was such a great little touch.

evilwaldo
Aug 2, 2004

Hank's evolution into The Bat is one of the best arcs in the first four seasons.

evilwaldo
Aug 2, 2004

Have we confirmed that only Venture's can understand HELPER and if so do we have a list of those that can?

evilwaldo
Aug 2, 2004

Yeah, something to keep in mind.

evilwaldo
Aug 2, 2004

For a show about failure this episode is perfect.

evilwaldo
Aug 2, 2004

feedmyleg posted:

What a weird finale. I like how it was a smaller episode, but outside of the post-credits sequence it felt a bit like filler.

No it was about failure. The whole episode was a harken back to the start of the series. Nothing but failure from everyone across the board.

evilwaldo
Aug 2, 2004

bobkatt013 posted:

They did show that. He tried to help out OSI they just blew him off and caused him to cause more problems. Then when it came to the Ventures they just treated him like crap unless they needed him.

Which Rusty does to everyone.

evilwaldo
Aug 2, 2004

2house2fly posted:

So was it Action Man's wife who died from a stroke? I remember in the first season she was alive and I don't recall any mention of her death since then.

That was a really sweet ending, and I'm finding it both annoying and hilarious that they went nowhere with the photo of Rusty and the Monarch as kids. He has Rusty at his mercy and doesn't even bother mentioning it!

I keep laughing at "who the gently caress is Gary?" Just imagining what the whole thing looks like from the Monarch's perspective, Sergeant Hatred destroying his home and his cocoon while ranting about someone he's never heard of is just the funniest thing.

Not only that but his wife is now on the Guild Council and his boss.

evilwaldo
Aug 2, 2004

socialsecurity posted:

Lately it feels like the show wants to be storyline driven but doesn't want to get caught up in the storyline and leave the jokes behind so it somehow ends up half-assing them both and leaves me disappointed on both ends.

Only you and a couple of others. For the most part everyone here has enjoyed the season. To say people were upset is a misnomer. This series was as good as anything they have done to date.

evilwaldo
Aug 2, 2004

Burning_Monk posted:

Watching the season finale and notice it's resemblance to this other season finale.

Mad Men

Venture Bros

Not even close. There is a huge production difference between the two shows. Venture Bros does not operate on a South Park schedule. It takes them months to get the animation back from Korea and approve everything.

Plus, they are 70's Bowery/East Village geeks. That comes through in the animation.

evilwaldo fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Jul 22, 2013

evilwaldo
Aug 2, 2004

Umph posted:

That wasn't the season finale was it?

e; Jeez it was, what a letdown :(
I kept hoping the season would pick up and somehow they were building to something and then it just fizzled and that was it. I guess alot of you liked the season but I'm completely dumbfounded. What happened to the writing from last season? Did they change show runners or something? The plot didn't move forward at all. It was 8 mediocre stand-alone eps. Last season' finale was one of the best moments of television ever and I didn't even know this one WAS a finale.

You can stop the trolling. Everything moved along at a decent pace.

evilwaldo
Aug 2, 2004

I will always remember this season for Hank's literal transformation into The Bat complete with lobster car to falling in love with a female GI Joe uniform.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilwaldo
Aug 2, 2004

The bits about albinos helping one another because of a secret code.