Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

JethroMcB posted:

He does say "He keeps calling himself the Firestarter" so it's a little more direct than that.

The difference is even if you don't get the reference, it's funny. I don't know what that is a reference to, but that scene still makes me laugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

You think your hot poo poo in a champagne glass, but your really cold diarrhea in a dixie cup!

Just a perfect scared straight moment.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Why are we arguing in front of the henchmen anyway?

Because the henchmen are standing here.

Are you two gonna get a divorce?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

You only caught me because I had a lighter up my rear end.

Ok, now I believe your Hank's friend.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

DoctorWhat posted:

"Are these they?"

"NOBODY TALKS LIKE THAT!"

I totally thought you were gonna say "lock n load!"

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

lol awesome, had no idea

Holy poo poo, I can't believe that is real.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

tarlibone posted:

If that exchange were a woman, I'd marry it.

And I'd jeopradize our friendship by nailing your hot wife.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

revolther posted:

I think you're missing a couple beats, the essential gist of the show is a cynical realistic look at an idealized fictional setting. It's like when you hit adulthood and suddenly realize your Uncle Jerry was actually just some guy your mom hosed when your dad was on hunting trips. That kind of looking at it all through new eyes mindset that maturing, growth or therapy sessions give you.

Is there something you want to share with the thread?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

JethroMcB posted:

Did he order a Red Mocho Kooler

Yes, and then he was immediately thrown out after an argument over what a "Rusty Venture" was ensued.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

LashLightning posted:

I still feel the best gag is Brock having to break the news of testcular cancer to that one henchman.

Oh, man, we never heard from that guy again, did we? I wouldn't mind hearing about his recovery. :shobon:

I'm sure Girl Hitler instituted socialized medicine in Underland and he's doing just fine.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Sash! posted:

Here's the thing: you don't need to. You just bet. It's practically a combination of Candyland and betting on a coin toss. The dealer plays both hands (so like a coin toss), but the drawing rules are a strict formula (akin to how Candyland is simply a function of the order that the cards are dealt. There is no strategy to follow.).

You bet on the player or house, Both hands are dealt two cards. If one is an 8 or 9, it wins. Otherwise, the chart says what happens after that.

The only simpler card game would be betting on someone playing War against themselves.

I actually played baccarat for the first time and can confirm this. Won $160, lost it all, won $170, lost that and have no idea how it happened. It wasn't my money, but it sure was fun.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Shindragon posted:

The cute moment was how Pete gets mad at first at Billy for telling his mom they were partners and when they meet Billy's mom, she says something along the lines of and you must be the handsome boyfriend and Pete looks at Billy.. you told her I"m handsome?

This scene is why they are straight.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Exactly. I always got the vibe and felt its pretty much all but stated outright that Rusty would be an absolute smashing success as a villain, but has just enough morality and decency, even at the start of the series (I do feel he's grown a lot as a character. I think season 1 Rust would have accepted Killenger's offer) to refuse to become one and to instead trundle along as a third rate super scientist and has-been boy adventurer.

The reason he's not a villain is deep down, he's an idealist. He wants to do good.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Ghost of the Sargasso has always been my default intro episode. It really has everything.

Alright, I'll save your dad's bodyguard.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Shindragon posted:

The after credit stingers are always like something that is just something inconquestial or something they tease.

I very much enjoyed the fact in that episode the Captain asks Brock for a ride back, and he does. And then we see the Captain again when the venture brothers try to steal the boat.

edit: Favorite part of the episode for me is when Dean pulls off the mask of the ghost guy and he goes he's not actually a ghost and the Captain sarcastically says what gave it away The zipline? The rubber mask? Of course he's not a ghost and he points at Brock going but nooo you had to kill him anyway.

And then Brock just nonchantly shrugs.

Actually, the best part of the end credit is Doc with the blanket over his shoulders, while one of the ghost pirates hands him a hot cup of coffee, saying "Those eyes, haunting eyes, accusing....... Who are you?"

I love it so much. He is so wrapped up in his horrible sea dive, he had no idea what happened while he was gone.

tarlibone posted:

How about Hank taking some of the pirates out thanks to Brock's instructions, then asking if the neck twist finishing move would "knock him out... more?"

So he ties them up, leaving a handy bow in the knot.

Repeat after me. Grab the handle. Push the button.

*choking* Grab the...

Let go of your own throat, Hank.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Doctor Syrup posted:

It has possibly my favorite exchange in the entire series.

Hank: Brock, if pirates really exist, that means Santa Claus and the tooth fairy can even be real, right? It’s like all bets are off.

Brock: Hank, nobody ever said pirates don’t exist.

Hank: So you agree with me that this is impossible!

There really isn't a weak spot in the episode.

Whatever you do, don't light up a cigarette. A good sniper can spot a hot cherry for miles.

Brock, I don't smoke.

Good. Now's a lousy time to start.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Do you have a pen, Hank?

To use as a magic wand?

To use as a pen.

Or

What's he doing now?

I think he's astral projecting!

I'm starting to think that I could quote this entire episode from memory. I'm not sure how I feel about this. Hank really is the best.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

When I introduce people with that episode, I seriously time how long it takes them to laugh and judge their music knowledge accordingly. :smug:

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Do you think it's a cry for help?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

tarlibone posted:

Let's be honest, here.

Even if Season 8 were already approved, it's still just Season 7 for the foreseeable future. I'm emphasizing that because we are talking about a future we can foresee. Who knows what will be happening in 2525? I mean, if man is still alive... if woman can survive... what may they find?

:golfclap:

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

RandallODim posted:

as with all gadgets, bond uses it to kill a man instead

Take this pen. You never know when you might need a pen. Or is it?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Don't look away from..... The nozzle

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Really late to this party, but the only reason the Monarch probably wasn't a higher level was because when he was signing up with Phantom Limb, he just wanted the most basic package to arch Venture. It's kinda the entire point of Victor Echo November.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Mr. Nice! posted:

The #6 with henchmen was the guild package including insurance and benefits he was buying. It wasn't his level.

Why can't it be both. It seems like a "you get what you pay for" kinda thing.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Mr. Nice! posted:

Because that would just be silly. They didn't even have arching levels as a concept back then. He's clearly selling benefits packages. The running joke of the entire episode is that he's an accountant in spandex. He's basically acting as an insurance broker while they're out to dinner. There's no need to overcomplicate and try to backdate every concept that comes up in the show.

You are probably right, but I think with enough money, you can by your status and arching rights.

TK-42-1 posted:

What if the monarch was only solvent by banking the life insurance payouts of his henchmen?

We've been so busy talking about Hank's business savvy, we forgot all about the genius of The Mighty Monarch!

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

luxury handset posted:

in one of the summary/catchup videos gary says monstroso is dead. not sure if this is canon or not

Cigar?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

So in regards to the spoiler argument, my only issue is that if you get rid of spoilers tags, you are going to spoil everyone who wanders into the thread because they see a new post and weren't paying attention to the exact time of day. That first wall of black text is how I know to ignore the thread until Monday.

I don't care if you get rid of spoilers tags, just make sure there is some kind of warning when a new episode is up.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

The World Inferno posted:

He's going on a date with a spider?

I am hoping beyond hope that he's looking for the most literal interpretation of this. Maybe Hank's old crush....

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

My favorite thing with this episode is when Phantom Limb is on the phone, even though you can't hear what Gathers is saying, you can totally here in that pause him saying something like, "So you wanna measure our dicks?" In a real sarcastic tone and Limb just running with it.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

theflyingexecutive posted:

Ah gently caress, I just got that

What am I missing here?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Oh wow, can't believe I missed that. They really are great with names.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Davros1 posted:

Best bit was Mission Creep's likeness being made out of chicken tenders.

How did it take so long to get to this?

There can be no evidence of this meeting!

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

I will admit to my deepest, darkest secret. I've always enjoyed the moppets. I've never understood everyone's animosity towards them. They are always escalating situations psychotically and it always made me smile.

Honestly, I don't think there's a character I dislike on this shows.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

I'd say the Moppets and Bud are my most 'disliked' characters and even then, I don't actually actively dislike them, I just don't like them. Every other character I like.

I don't get how people hate St. Cloud. I loving think he's great.

Oh, I lied. I hate Bud Manstrong. I was starting to wonder what was wrong with me for loving everything.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

The Kingfish posted:

Back to bad characters: I’ve always hated that two headed old guys. And I can never remember either of their names despite watching an outrageous amount of Venture Bros.

How is this possible?

I could be your wing-ed man!

Alan_Shore posted:

"Because you are SANE"

Easily the best line in the series.

What is this? An episode if Gilligan's Island?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

axelblaze posted:

Also I hope ya'll like the thread title because it'll probably be there awhile :v:

Cyonide? That's cheating!

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

uber_stoat posted:

Major Tom's screaming skull suddenly landing on Doc and then an immediate cut to credits, classic.

His eyes. Crazy eyes. Accusing. Mmmm..... Who are you?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

twistedmentat posted:

That sounds impressive.

It is amazing how pop culture stuff can be so closely associated with stuff. Like I can't hear "do the hustle" (which is a lot because its on the random as gently caress playlist they have at work) without thinking of Fry dancing to it

Ah yes, I too remember him beseeching the gods for tribute in the form of a trans am. ( Can't remember if that's the car they talk about. It's been years since I saw that episode.)

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

twistedmentat posted:

That's exactly it.

The book they're reading from is Ancient Dances of the Bronx.

I remember when my kid discovered Futurama on the DVR when he was in third or fourth grade. Couldn't decide if I should censor him, so I just let him watch it. Now he's in eighth grade and we watch Venture Bros together.

I have been watching this show since before he was born. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

I just got my kid the Venture Brothers art book for Christmas. He loves it. Bonus, I now have a copy of the Venture Brothers art book for myself that I can borrow from my kid. :D