Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Just got Microsoft Flight Simulator X reinstalled. I played around with 2004 a ton as a high schooler, but X never worked well on my old computer. Today though, I'm an adult with a new joystick!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Will Prepar3D let me slew the Wright Flyer up to 1 mile and let me tumble it to the ground?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

EvilJoven posted:

I spent all night playing with the A2A Cub. I bought it for FSX because its impossible to not have fun with it. Everyone should buy this Cub, it owns.

I was just looking at that add-on.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I'll likely get into Prepar3D next year after I get my new computer. Right now Flight Simulator X runs perfectly on it, which is fine for now.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Went on a flight in a Robinson R44 Raven today and I'm getting the urge to fly one from my desk. Is there any good FSX model you guys know about?

chitoryu12 fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Nov 2, 2015

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I'm having trouble getting started with FSE. I registered as normal, but the Game World website doesn't want to accept my username and password and neither will the client. When I click the Sign Up link on the Game World home page, it just redirects me to the community site where I'm still logged in.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

EvilJoven posted:

You have to submit a thread on the game world subforum asking for an account. It takes a day or two at that point.

All right, thanks.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

SoapyTarantula posted:

Every DLC for FSX:SE is on sale if anyone is interested.

Welp, there goes some of my daily pay.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

SoapyTarantula posted:

We've got an FSE forum group now, so we don't have to spam this thread with FSE group specific stuff. Thanks for the suggestion, EJ. Its on approval mode right now just as a sort of pubbie barrier.

Happy holidays, goons.

Just sent my group request! I'm still figuring out the stuff and getting set up for my first FSE flight.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Was he just putting it on autopilot for a long flight or something?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

EvilJoven posted:

Not kidding its how most simulators are serious business tubeliner pilots do transoceanic flights.

What about the people who use FS2004 to do the Charles Lindbergh flight with realistic stability in the Spirit of St. Louis?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

As someone who's spent over a month cumulatively as a passenger on road trips around the country, eventually you get to the point where you sleep for no reason other than to let your brain skip parts of the drive.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Is DCS MiG-21 as good as the rest of the DCS lot? I was looking into grabbing it and pretending to work for Draken International.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Hadlock posted:

Flight Sim proof of concept with Saitek X52 HOTAS

https://developer.leapmotion.com/gallery/vr-cockpit

:gizz:

The HOTAS is represented correctly in 3D space (once you go through the alignment steps)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4PpAC2DJ5k

I think what we really need are gloves that provide force feedback, like squeezing or vibrating or something on surfaces that your virtual hand is touching. After depth perception and spatial awareness of your hand is fully figured out, you need to be able to feel when you're touching something so you don't have to look at every single control or keep a real keyboard that you blindly tap under your visor.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Time to reinstall DCS World and learn how to fly a loving TF-51.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Any good suggestions for a tilt-rotor or VTOL jet for Flight Simulator X? I played Fallout and saw Captain America: Civil War recently so....

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Daimo posted:

Arma 2 has an Osprey and you should be able to get it dirt cheap (although it has infantry grade physics).

Already got it. I was more in the mood for stuff like pretending to be a helicopter around Manhattan X.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Truga posted:

Samsung is already on it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZ_G_zbObWU
The video doesn't have any explanation on what's going on so:

When do we get an ear popping simulation?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Colonial Air Force posted:

I'm not sure how well that'd work in a spergsim with radios and MFDs, though.

Hilariously.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The poor thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Thief posted:

Landmark hunting is the best thing in non-combat flight sims. That and finding your irl house.

How are the ground textures in Prepar3d? I don't have it but I do know that it's a struggle getting anything really good out of FSX apart from major cities.