Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SevenSocks
Apr 25, 2012

It doesn't need to be funny, because it will probably just piss them off
Sahen
Caps: 201 HP: 34/34 Load: 23/250 XP: 650 Karma: -5

Sahen scribbled a few notes in the margins of his book, marking the well worn page with a reed picked from his boot. Looking up, and overhearing familiar voices talking of moving along, he packs his things together, heading out to the truck to continue his reading with Doctor Susan's piles of notes. Deciphering the hasty scrawling may be a feat of intelligence in itself.

Plenty ready to move along. Any time left in the day would probably be spent reading, so the likelihood of going to see said Rob Peltz would be low. Unless everyone else wanted to suddenly jump into this mystery then it will remain until we come back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution
Lloyd Rourke
0 Caps, 600 xp, Suit, Shades, 28 Smokes, 10mm w/ 60 Rounds

"I'm ready to go. Just had to stop by the stalls again - hopefully they're craving good tobacco in Nash, otherwise I'm broke again."

Ready to head out.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
GM Notes
Alright, so I don't think I ever cleared up driving. So after revisiting the issue, I've decided on this...

Driving will be 3x your pilot skill. I figure characters, even with a low pilot skill would still be able to travel a reasonable distance, and the uncertain terrain, nature and inhabitants of the wastes is reason enough to give pause for long stints of travel. Random encounters now at every 30 miles in a vehicle.

I'll be compiling all the revisions and agreed upon rulings we have into one post and putting it in the OOC soon for quick-reference. As always though, Questions, Comments and Concerns are welcome. Now off to Neo-Nashville

So whoever is going to be driving the pickup, make a check against your piloting skill.

You're currently 131.25 miles from Neo-Nashville. You could potentially end up in four random encounters, but depending on who is piloting, you'll probably only be subject to a couple a day.

Then it's on to QUEST 2: All these damned City-Slickin' Grifters, Gangsters and Gamblers

----------

Hank Williams - Someday You'll Call My Name

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Jackie Reed
Caps: 215 [+ 167 (Chris)] HP: 30/30 Load: 12/150 XP: 650 Karma: 15

Can I retroactively buy some bullets while I was dealing with turning the body in? 10mm FMJ is 15 caps / 20 rounds, so I'll buy 40, leaving me 185 caps. Also a bottle of whiskey, but I couldn't find a price for what.

Jackie accepted the keys. "Ain't driven since my Pa had a tractor, but I remember how to steer well enough. Sahen, you wanna do your readin' in the truck? We can get out of here tonight."

When they were all bundled up, with their frightening, large friend in tow, she pulled the truck out onto the road. She spent a good bit of the drive digging around on the half-working radio, finding mostly static until she gave up. Maybe it'd work closer to New Nashville---that city had at least two stations she could remember. "So, Sahen, got plans for New Nashville?"

Pilot (34): 84 (I'm so sorry...)

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Jackie Reed
You can definitely spend that money on ammo. I'll give you a handle of whiskey for 20 caps(10 drinks: +1 Cha, +1 Str, -1 Int [Can stack 3x in a 8 hour window before you have to make an Endurance check to see if you get sick])

Mossman, a bit disoriented and not feeling too well, puts you in charge of driving. Chrissy grabs the middle-seat, shooting flirtatious looks at Lloyd occasionally and really just enjoying being in your company and the company of new companions.

The drive had been going relatively smoothly for about 30 or so miles, when you must have gotten caught up in conversation with the group. Unfortunately, no one had time to react or get your attention as you plummet off the road and skid down a hillside barely managing to keep control of the truck, colliding into a sizable boulder. The windshield cracks and part of comes raining down on you all, but not all of it.

What's worse is that there seem to be a decent sized pack of mutated geckos here lurking around a pool of radioactive wastes, and you all have their full attention.

Everyone in the cab (Jackie and Lloyd?) make endurance checks! People in the bed, make agility checks! If failed, make an endurance check!

EN Check: 5: 1d10 8

Jackie smacks her head against the dashboard and you see a bit of blood on the impact, she's out cold, but ok, but what about you all?

SevenSocks
Apr 25, 2012

Sahen

Half absorbed in the pile of notes, and working out of his bag to weather the rattles from the crumbling road. Sahen looks up just long enough to tap the large notepad on the rear window.

"More books, hope to have library on back before long. But no really, mostly perform cheap services to disenfranchised individuals. Junkies. Jet, psy-cho, med ex, you name, this city has."

He gestures the book towards Mossman, tapping his pencil against the spine.

"How about you? Plans?"

----

Agility 7: 10#1d10 6

If you actually follow that link you'll see I accidentally had it roll 10 separate d10s. I usually do that for a test roll to see if it's 'safe' to make my real roll. I think this particular one illustrates how much the system likes me, but either way I just reported the first result.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Sahen
Haha, that's no problem. Orokos has been pretty brutal to me as well lately(:supaburn:), but let's see how Sahen handles himself... lol

You notice that the ride has become particularly rough, but it's not long after that you find yourself being quickly pulled off the side of the road. The screams almost freeze you up, but you barely manage to get a grip on the truck and brace for impact against a sizable boulder ahead. A few pages of the doctor's notes go flying off the back of the truck, careening gently to the ground and along the hillside.

---

Darkness and a loud ringing in your ears, perhaps a slight concussion, very minor... no more than a night of heavy drinking or under the influence of the nightflower... your vision steadies as you hear a shrill hissing coming at you from large silvery mutated geckos and a slightly larger golden one at a pool of radioactive materials. The accident has drawn their attention and some of them begin to approach aggressively.

Went to Hell
Oct 29, 2011
Mossman

Rolling Agility (8) = 9, failure.

Rolling Endurance (5) = 4, success.

Before Mossman could answer Sahen's question, the road turned ugly. The truck rattled off the road and smashed into an unfortunately placed boulder. Mossman went tumbling out of the back of the pickup and landed on the one sizable scrub brush that could break his fall. He sat up slowly with a groan and inspected his stitches.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Jackie Reed
Caps: 215 [+ 167 (Chris)] HP: 30/30 Load: 18/150 XP: 650 Karma: 15

Dr.Idle posted:

Jackie smacks her head against the dashboard and you see a bit of blood on the impact, she's out cold, but ok, but what about you all?

Is this for me, or did you mean Chris? If her, here's my roll.
Endurance (5): 5

The sudden drop came out of nowhere, and Jackie didn't know how to handle it. She slammed the brakes, but instead of bringing the giant metal hunk to a stop it just sent it sliding right into the boulder. She gasped, catching herself on the wheel, and then screaming when she saw a giant, mutant lizard leap from the boulder onto the hood.

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Sep 25, 2013

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Lloyd Rourke

Lloyd spent most of the ride idly chatting, his desire to get to know their new traveling partner tempered by the knowledge of what her sister was capable of with a pistol.

When the crash came, he never saw it coming.

Endurance of Six: 1d10 9

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
I did mean Chris, Whoops!

Map

-----

The sound of the geckos approaching grows louder. Lloyd and Chris are incapacitated. The full extent of their injuries not yet known. Jackie is bruised and banged up, but lucid enough to realize that one of the silvery geckos had mounted the boulder and leaped down on top of the truck hood. Hissing menacingly at you all.

The state of the Deathclaw, Therax was yet to be determined.

-----

@Ryuujin - Need your EN check. Then we will begin combat by sequence.

The groups will be divided between, Truck Cab, Truck Bed and Geckos.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Therax the Intelligent Deathclaw

Therax avoids any trouble with the sliding vehicle, if only he had hands he probably would have done a better job. And even the hard crash had little if any effect on him. Soon he appears from out of the wreck eyeing the geckos.

Agility 15 1d10 4
Endurance 11 1d10 8

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Jackie Reed
Clutch

Sequence: 14 (Not sure if this action round counts at the 'first', or if my actions are in sequence already.)

First Jackie screamed, and then the rest of the adrenaline hit her and she started to move in the old truck. Chris didn't look good, but she seemed to be breathing, and Jackie intended to keep herself between her and the geckos. "Mossman, think yous can get that truck runnin' 'fore these fuckers eat us?"

Jackie stumbled out of the truck, drawing her weapon as fast as she could and firing at the gecko on the hood.

AP: 10

Move 2 hexes left: -2 AP
Draw gun from holster: -2 AP
Three bullets at the gecko on the hood---Small Arms (90) at 2 AP each: 70, 63, 35
Attack 1 Damage: 11
Attack 2 Damage: 13
Attack 3 Damage: 10

SevenSocks
Apr 25, 2012

Sahen

----before combat----

Sahen mumbles a few indiscriminate swears, clambering over the side gate in a daze. Rolling over in the mud to stand, he sweeps the ground with his eyes.

----combat begins:black101:----
Sequence: 14
AC: 21
DR: 15

Spotting a few dusted scraps of paper, Sahen scrambles froward along the hill's edge, snatching up what he could. Hearing an overzealous hiss, and a tinny shriek, he looks up to come face to... well more of stomach to face with a grimy gecko.

His right more preoccupied clutching knowledge, and his ax still in it's sling, he balls and tosses his left in a low cross into the lizard's jaw

Left Cross, Unarmed 52: 1d100 18
Cross Damage: 1d4+4+3 9 :allears:

AP: 6
Move Forward/Right 3 hexes
Cross Punch -3 AP

Went to Hell
Oct 29, 2011
Mossman
HP: 24 AC: 12 XP: 650/1,000 Karma: +30 AP: 9

Mossman scrambled to his feet and out of the brush. He drew his pistol and hobbled over to the truck's front, to inspect the damage.

Move seven squares left and up to the engine (7 AP).

Rolling Repair (Base 40% + Gear 15% = 55%) to inspect the truck's condition. 27, a success!

Drop the 2 remaining AP into AC (12+2=14).

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Yadda yadda... delays and such... yadda yadda. I love you all and am glad you are still playing, I am actually sorry for all the delays. Just been busy and such, I'll be able to get at least one post up each day though. Striving for more across all mah' games.

Jackie Reed
You strafe left of the truck and riddle the Gecko nearest you with holes as all three of your shots connect ending the Gecko's life.

XP: +20 Each

-----

Sahen
I think your AC is a bit high, but maybe not... I'll check into it good.

You run up on the unprepared Gecko who was just sprawling out to investigate your crash and plow into it with a heavy-blow. Taste the pain!

-----

Mossman
Sequence: 16

You wait a bit as you see Jackie and Sahen engage two of the creatures and then you advance over to inspect the engine and overall condition of the vehicle. You already had time to process everything going on and were able to fortify your defenses against any possible attacks as well.

The truck is a bit damaged, most of it being purely aesthetic thankfully. That rigid steel body of the truck proved to come in handy, but the drivetrain looked to be a bit off kilter, nothing that a hours work couldn't fix, especially with the muscle you got backing you up.

You can keep the roll for post-combat repairs and the truck will be fixed.
XP: 25 fo fixing the truck

-----

Lloyd make a check against your EN to see if you come to.

-----

Group
Some of the geckos advance along towards the truck at the sound of the gunfire and the one in front of Sahen reaches out to Claw(85%) and Bite(80%) at him.

The creature misses with its claws but manages to get a pretty good bite into your abdomen, good for it at least, near devastating for you. -16 HP

The other creatures draw nearer, quickly. One approaches Jackie from the left while one other is probably making a mistake trying to go toe to toe with a deathclaw. Granted, Jackie's bullets made quick work of one lizard so far... what were a few more?

Therax, you are freed to reap havoc on these unsuspecting mutant lizards.

-----

Map

SevenSocks
Apr 25, 2012

Sahen
Caps: 201 HP: 18/34 Load: 23/250 XP: 670 Karma: -5
What I got for this is 7 AG, 2 AC Leather boots, 2 AC Leather Apron, 10 AC Fighting Style Boxing

Fallout HtH Bible posted:

Boxers gain a 10% bonus to their AC, as their idea of footwork is quick steps and shifting of the body to avoid blows entirely, as well as a 10% bonus to their normal damage resistance, as they learn to “roll” with the punches, reducing their effect.

Still headshocked by the suddenness of his dome colliding with the truck's rear window, Sahen staggers through tucking the dusty notes into his bag, deciding that the angry flailing of the pint sized lizard was good enough security, if only for a moment. This took barely a second to prove him wrong, as the seventy or so reminders of why gecko deaths were still squarely numeral très in the wasteland dug into his side.

A relatively distinctive yell shot out over the waste stained wallow as the doctor tossed a desperate, short jab at the mutant reptile latched on his side...

Jab. Unarmed 52: 1d100 66

Melting more into a well meaning shove as he detangles his side from the lizard's maw, beginning his hobble back to the truck side, fumbling for his Ax.

Jab: -2 AP
Move Down/Right 3 spaces, truck side: -3 AP
Access Inventory, Ax: -1 AP this round, -1 AP next round

If I'm allowed to do that, that is

SevenSocks fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Oct 2, 2013

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Cool, I should spend some more time in that HtH Bible. Also yes,, I'll allow that. I'll respond later this afternoon

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Lloyd Rourke

"Ugh. What in the goddamned..."

Lloyd tried to snap out of the fog he was in, and reached for his pistol, if it was still nearby.

Endurance of Six: 1d10 1

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Therax cannot believe his luck when his lunch walks right up to him. He unleashes a frenzy of slashing claws at the stupid gecko, likely eviscerating the poor thing. Perhaps its hide will stay intact for someone to skin after the battle, but perhaps not.

AP 3
Unarmed 92 1d100 45
Unarmed - Claw Damage 1d10+10+11 23

AP 3
Unarmed 92 1d100 30

AP 3
Unarmed 92 1d100 50
Unarmed - Claw Damage 1d10+10+11 28

1 AP remaining. If any of those attacks finishes off the gecko then use the rest of the AP to move as close as possible to the next gecko. If the gecko is somehow still alive then just save that last AP, I think it increases AC? Speaking of AC it adds to your roll before checking against the skill right? In which case unless the geckos have more than 40 AC somehow I should hit with all of those.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Sahen
Roll damage for your Jab

You manage to land a weak jab, granting just enough leverage to pull loose from its grip and retreat to the truck to retrieve your axe.

-----

Lloyd Rourke
You come to just as a wounded Sahen comes darting back towards the truck, blood spilling down his side.

+10 difficulty on all skill checks / +1 on ability checks. - Disoriented

You can take an action

-----

Therax
You literally shred the creature, claws tearing through the skin, flesh and bone of the lizard effortlessly. It falls to the ground, shrieking out its last gasps of breath before bleeding out.

XP: +20 Everyone (40 total so far)

-----

Map

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Lloyd Rourke
0 Caps, 600 xp, Suit, Shades, 28 Smokes, 10mm w/ 58 Rounds (AC 12)

Trying to make sense of the world swimming around him, Lloyd aims for the nearest gecko and fires off two shots that were aimed at -a- gecko. They're all in pairs. At least there are two friendly deathclaws, though...

Shootx2 (TN 21): 2#1d100+10 50 76

SevenSocks
Apr 25, 2012

Dr.Idle posted:

Sahen
Roll damage for your Jab

I actually missed that roll, but if you still want a number of some sort
Damage?: 1d4+4 5

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Jackie Reed

She just kept firing, sweeping the gun around her. Five more shots rang out, first three at gecko on her left, next two at the gecko on the rock in front of her.

5 Shots - Small Arms (90): 50, 78, 5, 75, 8
Attack 3 Critical Roll: 119 --- Damagex5, ignore armor, EN to avoid Stun, Luck to avoid crippled limb (D4 location)
Attack 1,2,3,4,5 damage: 9 [1d8=3], 14 [1d8=8], 7*5 = 35 [1d8=1], 14 [1d8=8], 12 [1d8=6]

That leaves me with 2 bullets in my gun...

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Oct 3, 2013

Went to Hell
Oct 29, 2011
Mossman
HP: 24 AC: 12 XP: 650/1,000 Karma: +30 AP: 9

"Nothing I can't fix, but not with these geckos running around!" Mossman crouched behind the hood of the truck and took rapid shots at the oncoming pack of lizards.

Crouch (2 AP) and fire three-round burst (4 AP) at the Gecko four hexes northeast of me. Spend rest on defend (12+3 AP = 15).

Rolling Small Guns (Base 47% +5% Crouching = 52%): 27, 54, 95, one success!

Rolling Damage for 9mm Beretta (1d8+6):13

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Sorry about that, SevenSocks. I don't know what I was thinking about :v:

Lloyd Rourke
Barely managing to get to your feet, you stumble out of the truck and haphazardly fire your gun in the direction of the nearest lizard, luckily missing your allies.

-----

Jackie Reed
You send round after round into the frenzied geckos. Quickly killing the one right beside you, without missing a beat, you drop a third gecko scaling down the boulder.

XP: +40 for all, everyone at +80 so far, Mossman at +105

-----

Mossman
With your beretta set to semi-automatic, you come out from your cover and let out a three round burst. One of the bullets manages to hit the Gecko and leave it wounded.

-----

Map

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
The geckos hiss out, still advancing against you all.

-----

Turn Order
Mossman
Jackie Reed
Lloyd Rourke

Sahen
Therax
Geckos
Golden Gecko

SevenSocks
Apr 25, 2012

Sahen

Sahen leans over the truck bed for a moment, trying to cover his wound with his apron along with the realization that premature old age may be catching up with him faster than he thought. Rather than walk right into the open jaws of another gecko, he opts to wander back along the hillside, carefully now, gathering the flung pages of notes.

AP: 5
Move 4 hexes left, zigzag: -4 AP

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Sahen
I just want to point out, that I found it personally hilarious that Sahen assesses his wounds at the truck and then just decides to go get his notes! I had a hearty chuckle.

You navigate back towards the hillside to collect your papers.

Hidden Luck Check : -2 bonus to roll: 1d10-2 5

You manage to find most of the papers, but it looks like a couple pages are lacking. You could attempt to look again after everything died down, maybe some drifted into the Gecko's territory?

pre:
Susan's Notes
Oh no! It looks like some of the good 
doctor's notes have gone missing 
during the trucks collision and the 
events that followed.

Bonus of +3 for Doctor, First Aid,
and Science has been downshifted to +2.

I'll allow one more luck check of your
making with a -1 bonus to find the
remaining notes.

-----

Turn Order
Mossman
Jackie Reed
Lloyd Rourke
Sahen

Therax
Geckos
Golden Gecko

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Therax advances on the nearest gecko and attempts to repeat his previous gecko encounter. Once the gecko is shredded Therax moves on to try and find the next.

Not sure if I am adjacent or not, if not then move until I am adjacent to nearest gecko.

AP 3
Unarmed 92 1d100 06
Unarmed - Claw Damage 1d10+10+11 30

AP 3
Unarmed 92 1d100 64
Unarmed - Claw Damage 1d10+10+11 26

AP 3
Unarmed 92 1d100 51
Unarmed - Claw Damage 1d10+10+11 24

1? AP remaining. If any of those attacks finishes off the gecko then use the rest of the AP to move as close as possible to the next gecko.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Gods forbid that you should ever turn on your allies... Lol, I'll have responses up shortly/updated map tonight.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Therax
You eviscerate the gecko adjacent to you and then move over approximately 10-12' to your left and shred a second gecko in an equally brutal display. Blood and viscera are scattered across the battlefield.

With only three geckos remaining, the two silverback and the golden, you feel confident that this skirmish would soon be at its end and that you'd all have plenty of meat to take if you so desired.

-----

Geckos
Between a hail of gunfire and lethal melee assaults, the geckos are split in their animosity, and show no signs of letting up even though most several of their kind had already fallen.

One of the geckos navigates down the smooth boulder slope, leaping through the air in an attempt to take a chunk out of Jackie, while the Golden gecko and the other remaining silver gecko advance on Therax.

Luckily for Jackie, the leaping Gecko misses. The snap of its jaws looked like it would have done terrible damage.

The two Geckos that advanced on Therax were more successful in their attacks, but found it did little in the way of stopping the Deathclaw. The Silver gecko strikes with both arms, clawing into the thick, armor-like hide only barely. -1 HP! That tickled!

The Golden Gecko chomps down hard on Therax's arm actually managing to draw some blood, but only a little. That actually stung a little, -4 HP!

-----

Improvised Map
I'll edit the real thing on Maptool when I get home

-----

Turn Order
Mossman
Jackie Reed
Lloyd Rourke
Sahen
Therax
Geckos
Golden Gecko

Went to Hell
Oct 29, 2011
Mossman
HP: 24 AC: 12 XP: 650/1,000 Karma: +30 AP: 9 Ammo: 15/18

Fire three-round burst (4 AP) at the Gecko adjacent to Jackie.

"Jackie, watch out!" Mossman turned quickly and fired at the leaping Gecko.

Rolling Small Guns (Base 47% +5% Crouching = 52%): 79, 9, 85, one success!

Rolling Damage for 9mm Beretta (1d8+6): 9

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Jackie Reed

"Oh, gently caress!"

Jackie took a startled step back at the thing dove at her, and braced for an impact that never came. Even flinching, though, her hands worked their mechanical motions, sliding a new magazine into the gun and bringing it to bear. She let loose two rounds round into the disgusting, wounded beast.

Jackie moved to sweep her gun right to end more of them, and---OH GOD! The adrenaline had slowed down, and she finally saw that large monster she had been traveling with mount the rock, and she just stood in awe for a moment. Then she snapped to again, and looked back at her sister. "Sahen, Chrissy's hurt!"

She moved to the truck, trying to check on Chris.

-1 AP: Step back
-2 AP: Reload
-4 AP: Two attacks on leaping gecko - Small Arms (90): 47, 72
(Was going to hit three, but after revisiting the map I think the only two left alive after my attack are fighting Therax).
Attack Damage: 14 [1d8=8], 14 [1d8=8]
-1 AP: Gaping at Therax
-2 AP: Move back to the truck

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Lloyd Rourke
0 Caps, 600 xp, Suit, Shades, 28 Smokes, 10mm w/ 58 Rounds (AC 12)

Swearing up a storm as his rounds go wild, Lloyd holsters his gun and runs back to the truck when Jackie mentions her sister's injury, checking on her, and taking a look around for more geckos, or his tobacco.

Basically just making a perception test, I guess? Trying to assess the situation, because while the murderclaw could take it, Lloyd doesn't want to accidentally shoot him.

Perception of Seven (or 6, if the shades flew off): 1d10 9

Whelp...

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Mossman
Reacting quickly, you turn to face the Gecko that nearly made a meal out of Jackie and let out another three-round burst. Two fly to directions unknown and a third clips the creature in the leg.

-----

Jackie Reed
You signal to Sahen to check on your sister's condition and pause in a moment of fear and awe, briefly to fully take in the nature and tenacity of the beast that you were traveling with, before putting a round in the abdomen and arm of the gecko that had leaped at you. Even near death, the creature was relentless and while suffering the damage from Mossman's and your fire, it braced itself for a final attack against you.

You turn and see Therax entangled with the two remaining geckos.

-----

Lloyd Rourke
You are still a mess from the accident and quite disoriented as you frantically attempt to do several things, but only manage to start each task, before shifting your attention to the next item you sought to attend to. Finally, you just stop to pat down your jacket and find your tobacco and come across one of those sweet hand-rolled cigarettes.

Now do you have a lighter or a match on hand?

Roll luck +1 difficulty if you want to spark a smoke

-----

Map

-----

Turn Order
Mossman
Jackie Reed
Lloyd Rourke

Sahen
Therax
Geckos
Golden Gecko

SevenSocks
Apr 25, 2012

Sahen

Luck: 1d10-1 2 Now or later, up to you

Done with tossing through the low shrubs for paper scrap, he turns back with a heavy sigh, limping -more or less- back to the driver side door. Still clutching at the ragged tear underneath his apron, hoping that the pressure of balling his shirt against it would slow the trickling blood, he pops the door on the cab, pulling the unconscious woman over the seat for inspection.

INT; Doctor (Inspection): 1d10 5 1d100 7

Deprived of just enough blood that the panic his travelling companions seemed to display was out of reach, his mind felt surprising clarity as he assessed Christine's medical situation. Bleeding from the nose, busted, bone not broken but cartilage twisted left. Bruise on her forehead, no blood from the ears, mild concussion at best, out cold none the less. Reaching down, he lined two fingers on either side of her crooked nose, and with a quick pinch and pull, popped the bloody mess back in place. If that didn't wake her up, not much would for the moment. With a rag from his sidebag and a few placed swipes, he clears the woman's face of the more overt blood stains and tucks the cloth underneath her still bleeding nose, removing and pushing his rucksack under her head in a bid to help the blood clot.

Finished, Sahen staggers back to his feet, snagging his ax back from the truck side and surveying the situation.

Move 4 hexes to truck door -4
-2 Basic medical stuff (Condition, health, etc.?)

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Therax savages the nearby geckos, likely finishing both off. Once all the geckos are finished he begins to eat a few of them.

AP 3
Unarmed 92 1d100 76 that might actually miss once AC is included

AP 3
Unarmed 92 1d100 13
Unarmed - Claw Damage 1d10+10+11 28

AP 3
Unarmed 92 1d100 12
Unarmed - Claw Damage 1d10+10+11 24

1 AP remaining.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Sahen
I'll go ahead and take that roll, it's solid.

As you hear Jackie call out to you to check on your sister, you eye the last few pages of Susan's Notes and collect them before making a thorough inspection on Chris, ensuring that she was ok. You tend to the injuries she does have, pushing her nose back into place particularly, which stirs her immediately with a slew of cusses, but then she falls back in rest. You clean up and retrieve your axe as you watch the danawa digahali engaged with the surprisingly vicious geckos.

You won't lose any supplies and she will be in good condition.

-----

Therax
I don't know if you want to assign targets for your attacks, but I'm assuming it is one on the Silver gecko and two on the Golden. Let me know if you want to do otherwise and I'll adjust this next bit.

You bring your massive claws down on the geckos again in a flurry of blows, but you are surprised to see them both still standing if only barely. The silver gecko tries to flee, but is hardly able to move. The Golden Gecko, while near death, tries to take two bites out of you before scurring back a couple paces.

The geckos first bite misses, then its teeth only graze against the surface of your hide, barely scratching you at all. 1 point of damage!

It retreats five feet' back.

-----

Jackie Reed & Mossman
The bloodied gecko seems to have gone feral as it attacks wildly.

First, the creature claws at Jackie's abdomen barely digging its claws into her flesh. You take 2 points of damage!, but its attack against Mossman was far more painful as it tears into his flesh at the shoulder and is dragged across his torso. Take 8 points of damage!

-----

Map
Unchanged, with the exception that the Golden Gecko has retreated one hex away from Therax.

-----

Turn Order
Mossman
Jackie Reed
Lloyd Rourke
Sahen
Therax
Geckos
Golden Gecko

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Went to Hell
Oct 29, 2011
Mossman
HP: 16/24 AC: 12 XP: 650/1,000 Karma: +30 AP: 9 Ammo: 12/18

"Ugh! Sonuva-" Mossman reeled back as the ornery Gecko ripped into him. He raised his gun once more and fired.

Move back 1 hex (2 AP crouched), Fire three-round burst at Gecko (4 AP), boost AC to 15 (3 AP).

Rolling Small Guns (Base 47% +5% Crouching = 52%): 7, 25, 26, two successes and one critical success!

Rolling Damage for 9mm Beretta (1d8+6): 13, 9, 11

Rolling Critical (2d100): 149, 10 x damage, roll Luck to avoid a crippled limb. That's 130 damage off the bat. I'm just going to assume that the Gecko's dead.

Edit: Fixed a link error.

Went to Hell fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Oct 12, 2013

• Locked thread