Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Also, if Lando could read or understand what the Internet is, he would humbly appreciate being named as the King of the Pack, and would want me to post this photo of him about to enjoy an apple (he loves fruit!)

I felt Monty had been king long enough, any dog that would like to be the next king should post a good photo of themselves, no application necessary beyond that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Also I made a friend yesterday
Meet Danny

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

ElMaligno posted:

Yo, any hot tips for camping with a dog?????

do

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Winter Rose posted:

Fancy new bandanna - a gift from Japan.

i don't think i can believe that a dog as ridiculously cute as this can actually exist

i must verify for myself

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I'm delighted to see he took the why not both approach

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

El Jebus posted:

My dog is obviously my favorite, but Monty is a drat treasure.

Now, if you’ll excuse me, my dog is chasing rabbits in her sleep and I need to reward her with attention and a treat.

You missed your snipe but post your dog and all will be forgiven

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Hey I gave a chance to correct the error didnt I

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Riley, when you see a doofy as gently caress boy who barks with a Kiwi accent, tell him I miss him. RIP

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

he's complying with the rules of spooktober, i'll allow it

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

ElMaligno posted:

Excuse me, the way Juniper was running and barking at me was more about playing with her than i am scared of that. Anyways here she is with a bowtie.

can't believe you missed the boo-tie opportunity

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

dogs own

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Winter Rose posted:

I love cow dog.

Chicha is not allowed on our bed because I'm a light sleeper, but she found a loophole where she can jump up and just put her front paws on the bed and then stick her long wet nose in my face when it's time to wake up.

please post chicha and her ridiculous ears

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Since I had the day off for Lionized Genocidal Dictator Day, I shall present to you a photo essay on My Day with Lando:

6:50 am: lurking at the top of the stairs while I get his harness and leash ready for his morning Big Romp.

7:45- after a nice walk in the woods, we come to a fountain that has a bowl that you can fill with cool, fresh water with the push of a button. Lando is too smart for this ruse, and spends two minutes sniffing and pawing at the fountain and the army of squirrels that obviously live inside, waiting to ambush unsuspecting dogs.

7:50- we begin to walk back home via this nice trail. There are all kinds of good sniffs and the leaves are just barely starting to turn.

8:30- we make it home and have breakfast before taking our early-mid-morning nap.

11:00- oh poo poo, time for an adventure! It’s all smiles as we get into the car to go for another huge walk, this time at a nearby trail system that I help manage.

11:15- so many good sniffs to be had on the way down. It’s almost overwhelming!

12:15- if there’s one thing that makes Lando sad, it’s rutted trails caused by people mountain biking while the ground is wet. Don’t be like this, people. Don’t make Lando sad.

1:00- We’re on the way back home and absolutely comatose. He stayed like this until we pulled onto our street.

He’s now PTFO’d at my feet. Lando has had a great day, and there’s nothing on his schedule for the rest of today but snugs and pets and treats.

guys pww just set the standard for posting in this thread

i award you a 6 hour probation to be used at your discretion on who you choose

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

she's all ears and snoot :3:

please measure ear to head ratio and report back, i'm positive her ears are actually bigger than the rest of her head

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Max isn't even impressed by beaches.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Also I managed to get a photo of a happy non-judgmental max!!

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I stopped by to say hello to an old friend while I was here. The flowers look nice and the peach tree is beginning to grow.
:unsmith:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

ElMaligno posted:

My risk paid off

The cat is just playing the long game dude

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Everyone send your thoughts and prayers for Bridgie and the nametagless black pug that were on the back deck crying while their owner completely ignored them the whole trip
Luckily other passengers with hearts and I gave them lots of love so they weren't lonely anymore
But I'm guessing they haven't got a great life from how eager they were for attention
gently caress people seriously

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Blame EBB for taking away my ability to edit threads

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

hey dorks it's my birthday and i have no dog to snuggle

please help me out

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

They have certainly improved it. And I got to have cuddles with a lovely golden called Tully.

Goldens are so ridiculously friendly

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I just got the best birthday present ever. So many ferry good dogs I didnt have time to greet them all beyond a quick pat. Two more goldens, sybil and lily, a beardie collie mix named shelby, cookie, carla, frisbee, Charlie and about 20 more I didnt get to know.

:3:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Could a friendly mod make juniper queen protected by her Knights of the Realm George and Ratchet?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I love the dog disguised as a cushion

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Ok so I have been talking with someone I lived with for a few years and we are looking to find a place where I can get a dog.

I want to make sure I'm the best owner he or she can have. I think I will look at rescues, does anyone have any resources they consider must-reads or anything they wish they knew before they became an owner?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Hey Cole,
Had a very special visitor today. He was a Ridgeback crossed with a sausage dog.

I'm referring to him as the sports version of Monty since hes been lowered.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3471773
http://www.canismajor.com/dog/
https://www.akc.org/expert-advice/lifestyle/responsible-dog-owner/ #1 and 2 are huge

Meet the dog several times before you finally choose, if you can. Find out if the dog has been through a foster home so you can talk with the foster parents to see if the dog has any bad habits; rescues sometimes overstate the dog's training and tolerances. Also, be prepared for finding and getting training for you both, and vet's bills as well.

I'm working my way through this now. I think I'll be looking at a rescue rather than a puppy. Assuming I do move, it won't be until January, so I'd want to take a couple of months to get settled before taking on such a commitment. That gives me plenty of time to read up and research.
Seriously, thanks for the great info.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I had a chat to N4D earlier and I'll ask the same thing here. The reason I want to get a dog, is I want a friend, companion, and something to love and go on adventures with. Is this a good reason to have a dog?

Comrade Blyatlov fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Oct 29, 2018

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Scritch-induced splooted staffy

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

MAX ALERT

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Max now delivering drive by judgment

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

MAXSPLOOT

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

Why does Max never look at the camera :(

Because I can only handle so much judgment

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I'd like to point out I prioritized Lando getting revenge over everything else to the point where the Assassin had Xcom on the ropes. Two more hits from the cannon and we would have been toast

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I'm impressed he got it down his throat whole

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Can someone fill me in on the rainbow bridge?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

ElMaligno posted:

Apparently Juniper slipped from her harness, escaped from my GF, went chased some ducks, swam in the water and apparently ate some poop.

no pictures because the GF was frantic and crying buckets.

did she bring a duck home

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

beanieson posted:

Ok good to know, doc didn’t say anything about bone farts

mods please rename me to bone farts tia