Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
Here you can see Phoebe (:rip: 2015/10/08) being mercilessly attacked by evil birds.

Here she's giving me the stinkeye because she loved cheese, but did not like having to work for it:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

I'd never heard of this place before, but this is so cool.
I couldn't help myself and made a donation.

I like doggies.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

PenisMonkey posted:

Yo feeding any dogge a Doritos is dogge abuse.

I am a big proponent of the idea that dogs are not only man's best friend, but furry vacuums cleaners.
Any food that's on the table is mine. Any food that makes it to the floor is theirs by right.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Yeah there's a few things I didn't let my dog eat while I still had her. Grapes, Chocolate, onions, avocado.
That sort of stuff. It did happen a few times that she got access to some of those things, but those were rare occasions when she was faster than I was.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

bimmian posted:

Who wants a treat?

Ollie: :cool:
Seb: :ohdear:

I would like to submit the following motion to this thread:

Dogs, especially Golden Retrievers, are awesome.
I want another doggie so bad and I want it to be a Golden again, because that's what I had. However the GF doesn't want another hunting dog because she thinks they smell bad.
Now I'm thinking maybe a German Shepard because they seem awesome, are really cute when young and there was this show witha German Shepard when I was young. Litless Hobo or something?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

evil_bunnY posted:

The average GSD will run rings around a lab in terms of drive and intelligence. So be ready for that.

I always considered my Golden Retriever to be smart but in truth, I really have no way of knowing since she was my first real dog. She learnt tricks rather quickly, was super eager to please and was definitely intuitive about my moods.

What are good signs of intelligence in dogs? how do I know how smart/dumb my dog was?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Nevets posted:

Dog intelligence is measured on a scale of "runs into walls" --> "can outsmart child safe locks". Paying attention will only get you up to "average", really smart dogs are the ones who figure out how to get around obstacles that would frustrate a preschooler.

By that definition then, I'd say she was average intelligence.I never saw her do things that made me go, "Holy poo poo that was smart!". At leats she was smart enough that if she'd rope herself around an object, she could figure out that going back the around on the other side would fix the problem. But that wasn't all the time. She'd often just wait for me to go around the object.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Thump! posted:

I would like dog photos daily please.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

love taking my dog out before bed only to have him roll around in cat poop

That's just your dogges' way of saying, "Pet me and rub me for the next 30 minutes while I get to play in water"

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Sleeping puppies!

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
A neighbour of mine who I don't know, got a himself a Burmese Mountain dog recently. Now I have no choice but to become social and get to know him. how else will I get to pet his dog?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Every time I see pictures or videos of dogs, I come to the inevitable conclusion that dogs are awesome. Especially puppies.

http://imgur.com/gallery/pcqgsY2

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

ElMaligno posted:

I met this dogge today
Holy gently caress he is huge, friendly, and its fur is so soft

What is wrong with this pupper's left eye? its all brown at the bottom
is he okay? :ohdear:

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

ComfyPants posted:

I seem to remember an old sci-fi story about an alien that was scouting ahead of an armada to see if Earth was worth anything, and the alien was about to send a report back that basically said, humanity is trash and a real threat to everything, send some ships over to blow the planet up, but then met a dogge and changed its mind.

What if it was a true story? Humanity is trash and all dogges are good. Therefore the story has plausible elements.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

I am 100% jealous of that person.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hey guys, I would like to recommend two youtube channels, VetClinicGambia and Cordylobia Anthropophaga, both owned by the same group.

Its a veterinary clinic in the Gambia (somewhere in africa) which takes care of dogs that are in need of help. Most of the times, owners brings dogs infested with mangoworms and Micha (owner of the clinic) along with his assistants take care of the dogs and make them all better. The videos are often gross, but they are definitely helping the dogs and saving their lives.

They use youtube advertising as a means to help fund the clinic. They do have other source of fundings, but every little bit helps.

Here's an example of their videos.

:siren: Its digusting, gonna tag it NSFW just in case. :siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTzliyYxyBM

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

KingPave posted:

Honest to god, if you want to help them just give some money instead of watching the videos. That video, goddamn.

*nods* Donating is obviously the preferred method, but subscribing and clicking those videos once in a while do help.
I watched a ton of those and I feel really sad for all those puppies an doggies.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

This is too :swoon:

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

-Anders posted:

Look away if you have allergies.

Dogs passing away is just so sad.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Mike-o posted:

his bark is a killing word.

i must not fear the vacuum cleaner. the vacuum cleaner is the mind killer.

I used to vacuum my dog once in a while. The way she looked at me strongly hinted that she didn't like it, but she made no attempts to run away. She'd wait 'til I was done, she'd sigh and then go roll in dirt or something.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

edit: from the facebook comments of the dog meme group i stole this from

Can this be added to the OP?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Melthir posted:

New pupper.

I have consulted the oracle and the gods have spoken. This dogge, is going to be good boy and you must pette him often

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
My neighbor's dog keep making GBS threads on my lawn. Regardless, I still think he's a good boy. My neighbor tho, not so much.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
This is the bestest doggo.

Just getting a little shopping in! https://imgur.com/gallery/oMd8aEB

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

I'd vote for him, he looks like a good boy mayor.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

ComfyPants posted:

Where are my testicles, N4D?
Where are my testicles, N4D?
They were removed.
Where have they gone?

The fact that we have their balls cut of and yet they are still.so happy to see us, will always amaze me.

Dogs are the best.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

WarpedNaba posted:

Rottweilers are such fun dogges. I never quite got why people put them on par with pit bulls as far as profiling went.

They're good dogs Brent

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

boop the snoot posted:

I can totally understand why a 500sqft apartment doesn’t allow for a 180lb mastiff but at the same time I would be willing to risk letting the landlord come after me for any damages so that I can have like 65 dogs.

A few years back, I needed to move out and every place would reject me as soon as I mentioned I had a Golden Retriever. in the end, I managed to convince a landlord to let me in by agreeing to pay an extra 25$ per month in case she caused any kind of damage. To keep my dog, I would have paid even more.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
This might be a controversial opinion but, all these doggos are good boys and good girls. Even those playing in mudholes. Especially those playing in mudholes.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

StrixNebulosa posted:

E WAS NOT A GOOD BOY AT THE TIME

Do not speak heresy in this thread. :colbert:

Syrian Lannister posted:

He was the best boy

Indeed

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Admittedly, having to clean my golden retriever every time she jumped in a mud puddle was kind of annoying, but she was so genuinely happy to play in them that it was hard to actually be mad at her for it.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Been more than two years since mine died, but here she was, patiently waiting for her treat.

She did not like when I made her perform tricks for it, can you tell?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Where was this dog during World War I?!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Came to see pictures of good dogs.

Left having seen pictures of great dogs.

10/10 will come again.

Here's a picture of a dog being attacked by dinosaurs.