Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
GIP dogs = best dogs

GD_American fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jul 3, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

awwwwwwww now I want a set

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Skylark posted:

What the gently caress does this thread have to do with the army?

YOU gently caress RIGHT THE HELL OFF MISTER

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Needs more Lab

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

I want another black and tan coonhound. I had one 15 years ago (found a litter of pups in a trash can while working as a garbageman, kept one and found homes for the rest) and it was the smartest dog I've ever known. Unfortunately, it dug under the fence one day and never came back :(

I love the breed but they're working dogs so 1200+ is bare minimum price for them.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Saw something pretty hosed up today. Went to our hunting camp for off-season meeting; guy who runs it has a bunch of hunting dogs. One of them had skin hanging down near to the ground from his front legs to his back, and it was a male dog. He had a little plastic tap hanging out of his gut looked like it came off a ponykeg, just dripping every now and then.

Guy said a logging truck backed over him, didn't break anything, didn't kill the dog, they put the tap in to relieve the pressure of all the fluid buildup. I didn't really get a chance to take a picture (at least, without having to explain myself), but the dog was walking around at least somewhat normal.

Tough son of a bitch.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Aw man :(

The worst news. You better spoil the poo poo out of that doggie tonight

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Rare shot of them not in the pool

Only registered members can see post attachments!

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Both of them started with us grabbing them and throwing them in the pool. Then someone in the pool held them up and eased them through swimming. They were poo poo-scared the first time, but got better each time in the pool. After about a half-dozen times (over a couple of weeks) with them growing more and more confident in the pool each time, the last real obstacle was getting them to jump in themselves.

What really helped with that was running their rear end ragged chasing a ball, then letting them figure out that jumping in was a great way to cool down. We just had to make sure they could climb out the ladder by themselves (so we felt ok leaving them alone around it), and now they love the pool.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Buddy begging to go in the pool.

Buster at the window, fresh from the pool.

After a hard day (at the pool)

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cK6XpME1A6g

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Ponies scare me

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

He's got some serious Brock eye going there

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

New hotness

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/Hyper-K9-Kannon-trade/1041029503?Keyword=k-9

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Seems pretty solid so far. Buddy absolutely loves it. Adjustable strength, so good indoors or out.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Godholio posted:

Half the fun of playing fetch is pretending to throw it and watching the dog run 10 yards before realizing something's wrong. You guys are ruining fun.

That was old fun. New fun is watching him try to gauge when I'm launching it, eyes laser-locked on the barrel and hauling rear end if I so much as twitch holding the gun.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

one thing in reddit's favor, it's basically Dogges.com

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

I don't actively try to get my pets to drink or do anything. I agree with how hosed it can be. If they really try to get in my beer, I might give them a taste.

If you're busy talking to someone and have a Miller Lite in your hand within reach, Buddy will sneak up and knock it out of your hand so he can start licking it up as it pours out. If you offer him a Miller Lite he will drink as much as you give him.

The funny thing is this only happens with Miller Lite. I've poured foofy beers in his bowl before and he'll take one swipe at it then walk away.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Good dogges

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/25/patricia-ritz-animal-abuser-eaten-dogs_n_3991508.html

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

holocaust bloopers posted:

He's an English Mastiff. loving gigantic dog. The picture doesn't show just how huge this dog was.

The owner tried having him balance a treat on his nose but he was too impatient and couldn't sit still. :3:

I did an install years back for a guy who had one. Gigantic as poo poo, but a total sweetheart. He said it was a puppy his girlfriend bought while he was out of town, then she dumped him two weeks later when he came back and stuck him with the puppy. He had no idea about the massive size to come. He just ate, and ate, and ate.....

That credit card commercial they air where the couple is buying pallets of food for their mastiff makes me think of the guy.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Some tiny black terrier came running through the neighborhood. It's in heat and it's driving Buddy loving bananas so I have to keep him inside and listen to him whine. Sorry big guy, you'd kill that little doggie :(

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

The world's cutest horror movie

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMzgl0nFj3s

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

She's got a Brittany? Awesome dogs. Had two of them growing up. Perfect housedog/outdoor buddy balance.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Work day up at the hunting camp. So: hunting dogges

The second one from the right, I'm amazed is alive. About four months ago a logging truck backed over it. He walked around for weeks so swollen up his belly was dragging the ground as he stood upright (it literally had a keg tap in its gut to drain fluid). Now? Running with the rest of the pack.

Some of these evil porkers in the trap that day. Nine of them, in fact. We left before they got culled (because we wanted no part of that mess again).

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

hahaha that's awesome. Watching dogs deal with multiball is always hilarious.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Imagine the places you could go with this dog.

He does this every time we start to load the truck up for hunting:

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

evil_bunnY posted:

Aren't those tougher kongs guaranteed to last a while? Could try one of those.

Buddy's on his second Kong frisbee in 2 years, which is close to miraculous. I'm sold.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Vasudus posted:

Give me your dogs.

Do it. Lab. You want one.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Labs. Giant, friendly, just happy to be with you. Labs are my favorite dog.

Do it, Vas.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Future German Shepherd Ownership Note To Self: TV Reinforcement

Note to all dogge and non-dogge owners: don't be a scrub, learn how to use a stud detector and put that fucker on the wall

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

We just adopted Henry Winston James. We've had him three weeks.

He is weaponized levels of cuteness.

Now if only we can direct the making GBS threads.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Goddamn. Looks enough like my dear Lola that it got me misty-eyed.

That is a handsome dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Sugar cookies!