Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

PoshAlligator posted:

Well, I've encountered what might be a new gamebreaking bug.

In the fight with Bane in Blackgate, during the section where Batman must shock glove Bane to death I lost the fight. Upon reloading, the cutscene where what I need to do is explained. I tap B to skip it and suddenly the next cutscene plays, where Bane is revived and becomes Mega Bane. The camera shows this boss, in the boss area he is meant to be in but covered in darkness. The camera pans up to the actual fight I should be doing and everything is there, but the dialogue from the wrong fight is playing, and I no longer seem to have any use of the shock gloves, which should make it impossible?

I quite out and back in and the same thing happened.

I have exactly the same issue caused by the same thing (skipping the cutscene before the fight), only I finished the fight by dodging, waiting for him to do his move that downs all other attackers, then cape stunning and doing a beatdown on him several times. Following that the correct cutscenes played, but then the game switched to a black screen and the game being unable to decide if I'm shocking bane back to life or in another area as I am getting button prompts for both. Batman is obviously in the room with Mega Bane even if the camera isn't, because after a few minutes of my controller vibrating in time to what I assume is Batman getting the poo poo kicked out of him because I can't see, it cuts to a game over screen.

I think that's the last straw for me. This is why single-save entirely automated save systems are loving poo poo, a corrupted save means you either stop playing until a patch, or start the entire goddamn game all over again. I wish I had liked this game more, but it really had a death by a thousand cuts thing going on, so many little things that dragged the experience down, and now, apparently right at the end, a corrupted save. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

TaurusOxford posted:

The same reason why all the assassins wanted to kill Batman: 50 million dollars.

There was more to it. Bane says stuff like "once I kill you I will have peace", Batman and Bane occasionally say things that suggest they've met in the past, and the Joker implies that Bane is in this for revenge by commenting that he apparently prefers his dishes served cold.

• Locked thread