Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Divine Orator
Dec 31, 2008

Getter into the Future, Ryouma-Chan~

Pwnstar posted:

Something I think I missed: Why did Bane want to kill Batman so much? I thought they hadn't met before but he had a serious grudge.

I didn't see it explicitly spelled out in the game, but Bane's motivations are pretty much supposed to parallel his first appearance in the Knightfall arc of the comic books (warning, a bad summary follows) when the game mentions Bane being 'haunted' and trying to free himself, it's a reference to the constant nightmares he had in prison about a literal Bat. When he first learns about Batman he sees a lot of the parallels between them and thinks that breaking him will symbolically free him from his torment, and that their confrontation is destined. Of course that lead to the famous backbreaking scene that left Bruce crippled and ended with Bane more or less on the road to redemption and a cure to his addiction, but unfortunately they had to stick to the existing Arkham canon of 'Bane is a scummy giant doofus' and we got doofy titan Bane as the final boss :sigh:. At least Bats shrugging off the backbreaker and reviving Bane after the fight, actually 'breaking' him and forcing him to take the easy way out towards his goals made in interesting riff on the events and resolution of knightfall! Honestly, the game REALLY would have worked better if he had taken over the mantle of main antagonist instead of letting Joker steal center stage after getting sent to blackgate. Where, 3 months later, he's main villain again apparently! At this rate he'll be the main bad guy of the suicide squad game too...

Speaking of which, anyone else catch the not so subtle Captain Boomerang reference in the Convicts most wanted side quest? I'd say that, plus the fact the developers seem to have a lot of love for the character, means Deadshot is most certainly going to get a chance to be something other than an underwhelming boss in the future...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread