Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat

Hakkesshu posted:

Either way playing with a mouse and keyboard is totally fine.

A big part of that comes from both previous games having really quality console-to-PC ports. I honestly can't think of any others that actually bother to lay out the weapons in a horizontal line to match the keyboard, instead of just lazily using the default D-pad shape.

While I don't intend to buy it until sales start happening, I'm going to be really disappointed if Origins doesn't have that same level of work put into the PC version as the previous two did. I know it's nitpick-y, but it's something I really appreciated about the series thus far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat
There's always the option of finding a pal to play with on Team Batman, and dedicating every game to finding ways of trolling the people playing Arkham Shootymen.

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat

VogeGandire posted:

Why should I give a gently caress about a review?

If you already own the game and are enjoying it, the only reason you should care about reading reviews is for the sake of seeing what others thought about it.

Not to be rude, but honestly the only reason why people seem to care so much about review scores is because they need self-gratification for spending $60 on something. It's how you end up with that picture posted earlier of people having a temper tantrum over Jeff Gerstmann's Twilight Princess review, or the flood of angry comments on any review that gave GTA V anything lower than a perfect score.

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat

Hakkesshu posted:

PC version doesn't seem that great this time, unfortunately. The UI is really bothersome to navigate with a mouse and keyboard for one.

I've always appreciated the series for putting more effort into the PC versions than your average console port, so this is super disappointing to hear.

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat
While most of the game has been a plain retread of Arkham City, if there's one thing I'm actually impressed about in Origins, it's how good Troy Baker's Joker voice is. I was initially really skeptical when I heard about it since the dude has already starred in like three AAA titles this year, but he's a shockingly good replacement for Hamill.

I still don't like Roger Craig Smith's Batman though, it just sounds like every other gruff role he's done.

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat
I can understand not wanting the players to constantly be canceling out of their attacks for counters, but it really messes with the flow of combat and I have a really hard time maintaining combos because of that change. It doesn't help that Origins also seems to be the most combat-heavy of the series.

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat
I remember a few months before they formally announced Origins, they hinted that it'd take place in a Silver Age setting. They technically did do that in terms of where it takes place chronologically, but I was really hoping they would actually make it Silver Age as hell, with a bunch of really bizarre villains and Batman using all this weird pseudo-futuristic technology.

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

About a quarter of the time I fly around the city, I have this happen to Batman:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZmd8INR6rk

I love the thug on the left's reaction: "This can't be real!".

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat
I'd be up for it just to see Batman coat himself in glue as a makeshift scuba suit.

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat
If they do have another open world setting, what would be really nice is if you could do a grapnel boost without needing to temporarily slow down to ascend over the ledge, kind of like how the Spiderman 2 game allowed you to boost yourself by web-grabbing some wall or object ahead.

Having to constantly reset your momentum wasn't a big deal in AC considering the environment was fairly compact, but slowly gliding across the bridge in Origins got super tedious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat

Spacedad posted:

With all the dark and grime bullshit that's gotten severely overdone, I'm about ready for a silly Brave & The Bold-ish Silver Age Batman game. With coop play. (And that isn't a Lego game.)

I'm not sure if it's going to be a Batman game, but Rocksteady mentioned they'd be making something taking place in the Silver Age somehow. I just hope it means bizarre gadgets that are Powered By Science and astoundingly mundane villains.

Also, I recently went back and watched Batman Beyond (which holds up surprisingly well), and it's a shame the costume for it in AC lacks that cool angular style from the show. It just looks like a really weird bodysuit in the game.

• Locked thread