Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

ThermoPhysical posted:

Robin is in the game and there is 3 on 3 on 2 multiplayer as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRYHYJPhhxc

Not exactly excited. I think this could harm the single-player just to cater to those who kept whining about "no multiplayer".

Robin is in, despite Batman being newly into his career. I guess this is okay because multiplayer is a thing now.

Instead of the solid reviews from Asylum/City, I could see this game getting mediocre views just because of multiplayer being stuffed in to appease everyone.

:stare:

Did they just loving bolt on a shooter-based multiplayer mode?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

According to noted gaming journalism website Kotaku (:v:), the MP component is not coming to the Wii U.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

bunnyofdoom posted:

So, Smallville basically instead of Gotham Central.

Anyone else dreading this poo poo?

Yes, because it sounds awful. Maybe I'm a bad fan of Batman or something, but I absolutely do not give a poo poo about 'how he became Batman'. Parents died, training montage, put on a cape and let's go gently caress up some bad guys. I don't care about the bit in the middle at all. Plus, every time they try and expand the parts about how Bruce Wayne becomes Batman, they add more and more weird poo poo.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Discendo Vox posted:

I look forward to playing Arkham Knight, mostly due to my side project: determining which member of Rocksteady has the emergency services worker in peril fetish. I've narrowed the list down to 5 people at this point. I think one member of the staff in particular must have a conservative paramedic's outfit in the back of their closet that their wife wears on his birthday, probably replete with running mascara.

:stare:

Well, that's something.

I'm fine with no multiplayer. I didn't even bother in Origins; it's not why I play the Arkham games.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Finally watched the trailer from the Sony press conference. The new Batsuit is awesome :black101: The Bat-tank, on the other hand, :wtf:

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Guys I'm an awful Bat-fan: I didn't really like the Scarecrow sections :ohdear:

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

No but you see Batman is younger and thus less experienced and therefore his fighting style is clumsier because :downs:

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Pros and Cons of Catwoman:

Pros: Running isn't loud enough to alert enemies; Catwoman can strike faster than most goons, so countering isn't usually mandatory to keep a combo going.

Cons: Lack of gadget variety; slow climbing speed makes traveling/doing predator a chore; almost no health/armor

Pro: TAS Catwoman skin is :3:

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

So what are the odds we get to see the rest of the Bat . . . people? family? colleagues? in Arkham Knight? Oracle doesn't count, I mean what are the chances we get to see a version of the other Bat costumes with the same armoured look they gave Batman this time around?

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Crappy Jack posted:

Really the only skin I wish they'd include is the undamaged vanilla one. I like the Arkham costumes. I dislike looking like I made paper dolls out of my cape when I got my suit out of the burn ward.

That should be built into the game after you beat it :colbert:

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Neo Rasa posted:

UE3 is so horrible. I think I read this was because of how blocky and weird it makes all character models look so at that time they needed to keep pouring on more mass to actually make the models resemble human beings. Remember normal humans not decked out in future armor in earlier UE3 games like the president in Gears of War 2? :wtc:

They're still using UE3 in Knight :ssh:

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Well, I'm not arguing Batman should kill Joker. The only reason he's allowed to do vigilante stuff is because he's not a killer, after all.

I'm just saying that it seems silly that he has to save Joker from causing his own destruction.

Half an hour sounds like an underestimation of Superman's abilities. :v:

Hey man, takes a long time to destroy a city with reckless disregard for civilian lives.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Hatter106 posted:

Has there been any word on recommended PC requirements for Arkham Knight? I wonder if it'll be on par with other Unreal 3 games...

It's next-gen console and PC only, so probably more than other UE3 games which were tuned for last generation, but not overly so, if only because next-gen consoles are essentially optimized laptops.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Mzbundifund posted:

My favorite part of Origins was when Batman said that DNA analysis indicated that the car hit the victim at high speed.

It hit him so hard he became a different person.

Have you seen how fast the Batmobile goes in the AK trailers? :rice:

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Yeah, but it doesn't show what happened. Did a quick Google search, though.

Apparently, Damian messed up something on the Bat-Gyro that melted them together.

Christ he looks so happy about it :gonk:

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I don't know much about Damian, but Batman should probably not let him crimefight if he's going to do stuff like that. Because drat. :stare:

I think I heard he was revived by the Lazarus Pit. Bruce had to piss off Jason to do it, though, which ruined their relationship.

Wait I thought it was already ruined :psyduck:

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Bushmaori posted:

So excited for this game. Hopefully it won't require a computer upgrade for me to hit 60fps.

Do you have 55 GB of free space? :v:

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

I really wanted to pre-order this digitally on my console, but gently caress losing out on the Harley / other pre-order DLC.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Crappy Jack posted:

You still get the pre-order bonuses if you order off the PSN store, unless I'm missing a detail here.

Bone :negative:

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Best Buy is offering a preorder bonus that adds a new takedown and the ability to throw Batarangs in flight and some other 'Waynetech upgrades' :psyduck:

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Pirate Jet posted:

Throwing Batarangs in flight is supposed to be a standard feature in the game, so either you misread, they misworded, or some REAL poo poo's about to go down PR-wise.

Oh sorry I missed a word. It's multiple Batarangs in flight. I'd still rather take the GameStop bonus and play as another character (Red Hood).

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

I've been waiting a long loving time for this game but now I'm wondering if I should wait another year or so and pick up the inevitable GOTY edition :ohdear:

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

I'm gonna guess Suicide Squad tie-in, and that it'll be terrible.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

All those straps and buckles? It's clearly Final Fantasy Batgirl.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Crappy Jack posted:

I agree, but they did the exact same thing with Star Trek and potentially the new James Bond thing, too. Point blank saying to the filmmakers "This guy is Khan" and they're all "No way, he's definitely 100% an original character with a different name and everything" and then the movie comes out and the guy is Khan.

God that was so loving dumbbbbbbb

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

What are the odds of being able to visit the alley where Bruce's parents were killed / that Arkham Knight has desecrated it in some way?

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Jesus that was awful.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

I'll probably end up buying it twice :smith:

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

What if the Arkham Knight is a hallucination and the whole game is a dream :tinfoil:

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

Lol that dude is dead for loving real.

Quadriplegic is not dead :colbert:

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Scyantific posted:

We finally get to kill in a Batman game and it's loving locked behind DLC :lol:

I hope Gamestop goes out of business soon.

He could be shooting to disable, not kill! Right? :smith:

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

We put up with Origin to get this game :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

CuwiKhons posted:

I wonder if they're actually that obnoxious or if marketing told them to act that nutty.

Holy poo poo you were not kidding this community manager is insufferable.

• Locked thread