Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

I'm sure it's been asked a thousand times, but has anyone figured a way to get the multiplayer Batman/Robin skins into single player on PC?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

So I'm pretty early into Origins (I'm only going after the 3rd SIM to track down Penguin), but I've been wandering around taking down towers and collecting Enigma packs. So I've done a good bit of combat at this point, but I've never had to double counter. Enemies just attack one at a time like in Arkham. I see they double/triple team you in the challenge mode, so will they start doing so as I progress the story, or did they take that out for story mode for some reason? I'm already on hard, btw.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Maybe I'm just easy, but I'm having good fun with Origins. My only real gripes are really only aesthetic in nature. Mainly not being able to batclaw up anywhere you want. Rocksteady was way better at limiting latchable platforms believably. The claw's distance seems to be shorter as well.

I had to laugh though at the animation used for blocking Deathstroke's sword attack (it's exactly the same as blocking Ra's al Ghul's sword in AC).

EDIT: Also, I'm a sucker for visiting redone locations from old games, so seeing all of AC before it's fall is pretty neat to me.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

I just replayed Asylum a month ago on PC. It looks fine.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

You could convert those saves to the Steamworks version, by the way. I did it for City, and I'm pretty sure the tool I used supports Asylum as well.
If achievements matter to you, AC will give you the correct achievements when you convert, AA will not.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

bonds0097 posted:

I've been baffled at the Deathstroke complaints. I did it on hard and finished it on my first try. It's a cool-looking fight but it's just a bunch of countering.

While I agree that the combat timing has changed slightly between AC and AO, it's not a huge adjustment to just play the AO way. Just don't keep trying to maintain your AC timings and play AO the way it wants to be played.
I wonder if the people complaining about Deathstroke have hints turned off, as that also turns off the counter indicator, which would make the Deathstroke fight much more difficult.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Discendo Vox posted:

My copy of AO, on PC, has several of the problems RadicalSoma has encountered. Delaying a dodge on Bane's charge until he's almost on you doesn't seem to help, because he'll turn on a dime to make the charge connect, as if the game had predetermined that you are going to be hit. Deathstroke also has an animation that intermittently triggers for me with no available counter, meaning it's a guaranteed hit. As mentioned earlier, it looks like there's a bug on some folks' PC copies that either is screwing up priorities in the combat calculation, or somehow a DRM flag that's supposed to make combat unplayable is activated.
I have a feeling a lot of the issue is people trying to use normal combat timing, which shows the counter icon from the very beginning of someone's attack. But you have to wait for the actual counter icon to appear with Deathstroke. A number of Deathstroke's counters appear pretty late, especially for the zoomed in close encounter bits. Like his first little jump he does in that cycle doesn't show a counter animation until he starts coming down. PLUS is slows down, so it fucks with the timing a bit. If you hit counter anytime before the icon appears, the counter is blown, and you'll get hit.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Not quite the same thing.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

BiggerBoat posted:

Somebody mentioned earlier that the city felt dead and uninhabited, which it does, but then I remembered it's supposed to be set on Christmas Eve so I just chalked it up to everyone being inside with their families.
There's that, plus there's a winter storm warning with a mandatory shelter-in-place in effect. You'll hear a police warning over the city's PA every now any then explaining it.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

FutureFriend posted:

I'm pretty sure there's also signs over the city talking about a curfew or something like that.

That's part of the storm warning, yeah.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Is the Steam UI supposed to be unavailable in Origins? I occurred to me last night that I don't get the "Press Shift+Tab to access Steam" popup when first starting the game, shift+tab doesn't bring it up, and I haven't been getting any achievement popups.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

DrBouvenstein posted:

Well I've tried GCPD (twice,) steelmill (both the entrance and another rooftop), and the Final Offer twice, and I can't get the "no takedown" one to credit.

I'm done for tonight...maybe if I try tomorrow after quitting and restarting it will work, otherwise I'll say "gently caress it" and just do the Most Wanted and the few Enigma stuff to finish it out and go to NG+ to finish the challenges.

It's quite possible they only count as predator encounters on their first go.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Anyone know why already unlocked fast travel icons are greyed out sometimes, so I can't fast travel?

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

OK, another question: The one challenge I'm on is to do 20 critical strikes in a free flow combo. That's the "press attack at a constant beat" like the previous games, not the critical counters ability, right?

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Kin posted:

edit: and not one for letting challenges be completed in the challenge rooms.
I'm not sure why this is an issue? The idea behind the challenges is that your putting more and more fear into the thugs. The challenge rooms are just training and not real thugs.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Crappy Jack posted:

Because there's only a certain amount of predator rooms in the game and only a certain amount of opportunities for you to do a lot of the things you need to, which means if you miss your chance you'd need to do a whole new playthrough just to hit that 100%.
OK, but that still undermines the spirit of the challenges. At the very least, they should allow them to be done on the outdoor predator areas that respawn.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Is using the disruptor on snipers broken, or is it just me? Cause there's a loading hint about using it on them, but they just fire away like normal.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Arkham City GOTY (all DLC) is $7.49 on Steam right now: http://store.steampowered.com/app/200260/?snr=1_4_4__617

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Seventh Arrow posted:

I preordered the game on Steam and I had to get Black Mask separately, so I dunno. It wasn't covered by the season pass, either.

I didn't preorder (about a week or 2 after release), and got the Black Mask stuff, as well as a Joker & Bane crew "Vanity packs". I did get an online code from Gamestop though, not through Steam directly.

On a different subject, finally got around to watching Under the Red Hood at the behest of many in the thread from much earlier, and I must say, I don't really like John DiMaggio as Joker. His voice is just too deep for my liking. Needs to be high, and a bit squeaky.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

I'm sure others have griped about it as well, but Batman being stopped by locked wooden doors in Origins is really, really dumb.

EDIT: Especially one that is 3/4 window:

Orgophlax fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Dec 11, 2013

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

miscellaneous14 posted:

I remember a few months before they formally announced Origins, they hinted that it'd take place in a Silver Age setting. They technically did do that in terms of where it takes place chronologically, but I was really hoping they would actually make it Silver Age as hell, with a bunch of really bizarre villains and Batman using all this weird pseudo-futuristic technology.

I'm pretty sure the Silver Age thing was about Rocksteady's next game, not Origins.

EDIT: So it might not be a part of the Arkham timeline at all.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

doctor 7 posted:

It has been patched the poo poo out of since release and a lot of the complaint discussions seem to be "ugh this is broken or feels weird" "works fine for me on Xbox" "I'm on PC" so yes, I'd say the console version is probably the most stable.
Pretty sure the XBox save corruption bug is still being reported by some people.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

I'm going through collecting riddler trophies in Arkham City, and one of them just plain isn't appearing in the steel mill. It's #9 in this list: http://www.gamesradar.com/batman-arkham-city-riddler-guide/?page=31

Is there anyway to fix this?

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Are you sure you're in the right room? I know I've gotten confused by a number of rooms in the Steel Mill before.

That and have you made you didn't collect it already?

chaosapiant posted:

Is it possible it's a Harley Quinn head that you didn't blow up with the remote electrical charge? That poo poo stumped me in the steel mill for quite a bit, and the trophies sometimes overlap, so you may have grabbed #9 and still have a Harley Head nearby.

No, I'm definitely in the right spot (screenshot matched it), and the one labeled 9 on that page is showing uncollected in my collectibles menu (I've destroyed all the Harley heads). And the map shows 1 riddler trophy left in the Steel Mill.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

The Kins posted:

A new Calendar Man easter egg has been found in Arkham City, three years or so after release, and only after Rocksteady posted a video teasing that it even existed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=temF1OFCIPg

Rocksteady are pretty drat good at easter egg hiding, eh?

Can't watch videos at work, can someone explain what it is?

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Mogomra posted:

Batman's going to visit Joker's grave (which is right next to Jason Todd's grave) to notice that they are both empty and Scarecrow put the bodies in the Lazarus pit and now we've got Batman: Arkham Knight.

The entire game is a nightmare, at the end you wake up an get a call from Commissioner Gordon saying that they've found Joker and you have to apprehend him and take him directly to Arkham Asylum.

Bruce rolls out of bed and mutters, "Looks like I'll be spending another night in Arkham." The emphasis on "night" is an obvious pun, and just before the credits roll, he looks over his shoulder at the camera and winks.

*INCEPTION HORN BLOWS*

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Arkham Knight will be Prometheus. He was one of the Riddler scans in AA.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

If this is supposed to be a trilogy, AK has to have something to do with the previous 2. At least I'd hope.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Next guess: AK is either a resurrected Amadeus Arkham, or Quincy Sharp. http://arkhamcity.wikia.com/wiki/Spirit_of_Arkham

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Oh yeah, I forget who, but some site offering the LE preorder possibly spoiled the end of Arkham Knight:

The statue plaque originally read "In memory of The Gotham Knight." It was edited to just say "The Gotham Knight."

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

I bet there's a Bruce Wayne love interest, complete with love scene, who is later killed by Arkham Knight. They always have to throw in a Wayne love interest at some point in a story. (the love scene is what gives the M)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

poptart_fairy posted:

Perhaps the love interest is the Arkham Knight?

I doubt they'd completely steal the Mask of the Phantasm plot, but you never know.

EDIT: In that vein, anyone have any recommendations for good animated Batman movies? My kids love Phantasm, the one with Mr. Freeze, and the one with the Red Hood. What others are good so I don't have to cycle those 3 anymore?

Orgophlax fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Feb 25, 2015

• Locked thread