Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Gunder posted:

All the fancy PhysX crap they have in the PC version is really awesome looking. Is any of this stuff on the console versions?
Not really, no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Knuc If U Buck posted:

So, I guess that Arkham City got rid of GFWL, and my saves along with it?
You can convert them. I just did it using this tool:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3192933

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

How's the difficulty? The first two were a waste of time on anything but Hard. Should I just start on Hard like the others?

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

How many times are these stupid games going to make me traipse through the Sionis steel mill?

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Deleuzionist posted:

Look closer. With PhysX disabled the snow on the ground is a flat simple texture that has a definite last-gen-console feel to it.
That's not PhysX. That's one of the DX11 tessellation features.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

dataisplural posted:

I'm interested in Origins (LOVED AA and AC) but statements like this worry me. From what I've heard the game is very solid mechanistically, i.e. combat/movement -- so what's missing, exactly? Is it a design type thing? For example AA had some Metroidvania-esque touches in terms of backtracking and exploration that made its levels click in a satisfying, almost unconscious way.

I guess I'm asking if there's some sort of "special sauce" missing from Origins that WB couldn't quite add? Otherwise I'm a little confused about the complaints that've been leveled at the game so far.
Like you, I adored AA and AC. The level of care and polish from Akham City just isn't here with Origins. Arkham City (and Asylum) had so many subtle references to the massive lore, this one feels very shallow by comparison. The environment and side quests found by exploration just isn't aren't as rich or rewarding. It's also buggy, the upgrade system isn't well thought out, the combat doesn't feel as tight, and the story is just okay. While AC's story had its problems with execution, it never lacked in ambition or scope.

ImpAtom posted:

It 'feels' more like an expansion pack (in terms of design, not game length/content) than a sequel.
Yep, exactly. I'm glad I only paid $25 for it. At that price it's well worth it to me.

Star War Sex Parrot fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Oct 27, 2013

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

DrNutt posted:

Nah, I have the season pass on Steam and they're not available in single player. I wanted to dress up my Batmans. :(
They were available to me without beating the game. You can change your suit in the Batcave.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

doctor 7 posted:

Holy God what an awful call

Edit: and the makeup
wrong thread, bub

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

ToastyPotato posted:

All of these games do cloud saves right? I might end up with a new PC before the year ends but I kind of really don't want to start a new save. I already lost my Asylum save when they dropped GFWL.
You could convert those saves to the Steamworks version, by the way. I did it for City, and I'm pretty sure the tool I used supports Asylum as well.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Kin posted:

loving hell, how broken was this game?
Very broken.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Seventh Arrow posted:

So no grappling thugs as you drive by? :(
Go play Just Cause 2 if you want to be a complete rear end in a top hat with guns and a grappling hook and an open world sandbox to mutilate people in.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

RatHat posted:

Isn't there a Suicide Squad game happening?
The developer can tease anything that they want. It's up to the publisher to actually greenlight it, fund it, and announce it. As of right now, the answer to your question is officially "no."

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Seventh Arrow posted:

How did you do this? I tried the same thing a while back and it just seemed to treat it like a corrupt file.
I just used this patcher:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3192933

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Hey I just noticed that WB finally got around to releasing Arkham Asylum's soundtrack a few months ago. That's a nice surprise to find on iTunes.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

ToastyPotato posted:

I'm excited for the game but considering how quickly the last one went on sale on Steam (literally like 2 - 3 months) I am just going to wait this time. Game was released on October and was on sale for the Winter Sale with a significant discount.
Origins doesn't count.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

No one wants to talk about the release date?

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

hiddenriverninja posted:

Wasn't it already pushed back to February?
We never had a date; just "2015" which a lot of people (incorrectly) hoped to be early 2015.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txVkG7kOAYw

More gameplay and such. Also it's the first reference I can recall to Rocksteady acknowledging Origins exists from a game world standpoint. You'll find some of the items from the previous 3 games in the GCPD evidence locker.

• Locked thread