Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paint dry
Feb 8, 2005
Haha this game sounds really bad. I've already played the other two games, I don't need to play the exact loving thing again. Not if I'm paying full price at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paint dry
Feb 8, 2005

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Honestly, though, unless Origins is your first Arkham game, you should've known you were getting the same game over again.

I don't see how this is true. City was significantly different from Asylum, and despite the number of people in this thread saying they'd be happy playing rehashes of City every year, there are plenty of people who want something at least a little different when they're expected to fork out $50.

paint dry
Feb 8, 2005

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

MEH. City felt like a rehash to me. I enjoyed it for what it was when I played through it, but I never felt the urge to play through it again like I still do with Asylum from time to time. Origins feels like it's gonna be the same as City for me. I'm enjoying what I've played so far, but it's probably not gonna be the kind of game that has such a hold on me that I want to revisit it in the future.

Yeah, I see what you're saying. The move to a larger, more open world in City was enough for me to feel like that purchase was worthwhile. It's a shame there's nothing in what I've read about Origins that makes me feel like spending the same amount of money again.

Edit: Blackgate looks great though. poo poo, how come I've never heard about this.

Edit 2:
Yeah so uh what is this post.

paint dry fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Oct 25, 2013

paint dry
Feb 8, 2005

Funso Banjo posted:

You two guys really confuse me. Are you the same person?

I don't understand what you mean by that. My opinion is the polar opposite of that guy's, for one thing. And also I don't post like an insane person.

paint dry
Feb 8, 2005

miscellaneous14 posted:

If you already own the game and are enjoying it, the only reason you should care about reading reviews is for the sake of seeing what others thought about it.

Not to be rude, but honestly the only reason why people seem to care so much about review scores is because they need self-gratification for spending $60 on something. It's how you end up with that picture posted earlier of people having a temper tantrum over Jeff Gerstmann's Twilight Princess review, or the flood of angry comments on any review that gave GTA V anything lower than a perfect score.

Exactly. We've all bought and enjoyed at least a few games with "bad" review scores. What does it matter?

I've been playing Star Trek Online - a game derided by reviewers, gamers and Trek fans alike - solidly for the past two weeks. Who cares what other people think if you personally are having a blast?

paint dry
Feb 8, 2005

Honest Thief posted:

I want more Arkham City, but not willing to shell out 50$; but more Arkham City is always good.

Wait a year and you'll be able to pick up Origins + DLC for $10. Ah, the magic of Steam sales.

paint dry
Feb 8, 2005

Orv posted:

Dr. Video Games 0029's gimmick is to make long, unfunny posts poorly satirizing any posts he disagrees with. Dunno what the other guy is about.

I still don't see what's wrong with my post.

paint dry
Feb 8, 2005

Funso Banjo posted:

Sorry Paint Dry, I quoted the wrong guy, didn't mean you at all.

Are they the same guy? Is there some joke reason why they have the same name save for 2 digits? Is Doctor Video Games "insert number" some meme or something that I've just missed out on?

It's from YCS, I think. A bunch of posters were given names like that because they posted in a name change thread.

Edit: ^^^^^ yeah

paint dry
Feb 8, 2005

Glare Seethe posted:

I've a quick question about Arkham City. I'm playing through it now and my current objective is to locate Ra's al Ghul and get a sample of his blood. Following the signal I've somehow found myself in the sewers underneath the restricted area en route to Wonder Tower, it seems, and suddenly I'm fighting Joker's goons who have captured some medical intern. Am I going in the right direction? It kinda feels like I'm not supposed to be down here yet.

Yeah, keep going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paint dry
Feb 8, 2005

DrNutt posted:

Man, I was totally having fun with this game but now the reviews are coming in and I can't believe that I was playing a completely identical Arkham City clone this whole time. gently caress this poo poo game.

I was really enjoying this album but then Pitchfork only gave it a 6.3. Can you believe it? A 6.3.

• Locked thread