Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

ThermoPhysical posted:

Robin is in the game and there is 3 on 3 on 2 multiplayer as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRYHYJPhhxc

Not exactly excited. I think this could harm the single-player just to cater to those who kept whining about "no multiplayer".

Robin is in, despite Batman being newly into his career. I guess this is okay because multiplayer is a thing now.

Instead of the solid reviews from Asylum/City, I could see this game getting mediocre views just because of multiplayer being stuffed in to appease everyone.

I liked it when the guy shot Batman in the face twice with a shotgun to no effect. I just hope this poorly thought out bolt-on doesn't suck too many resources from the main game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

seal it with a kiss posted:

It's going to come out on Friday. The most recent TV spot had the worldwide launch on the 25th. Plus if it is a stinker, they're not going to release it on one platform early. No official confirmation, but some guy on NeoGAF says the review embargo is up on the 25th too.

The review embargo not lifting until the day of release doesn't exactly fill me with confidence. I'm going to sit this one out until a rainy day I think.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

These day of release review embargoes are absolutely ridiculous. Games journalism once again proves it's a cesspit of brown-nosing.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

Movies reviews often have embargos as well. So do books for that matter.

Yeah, but day of release embargoes in other entertainment industries are usually a big flashing warning sign to expect extreme shittiness.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Nthman posted:

This is why the combat is retarded in Origins. I just sat there with a group of random thugs and thats all I did, no directional stick used, just hammered away at the counter key and thats all she wrote.

It's a bit silly to play a game in the most boring manner possible and then complain that it's boring.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Ooh, Blackgate is coming to consoles:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-02-11-batman-arkham-origins-blackgate-headed-to-consoles

Hope it's reasonably priced.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

I think it's pretty obvious by now that something is very wrong in ChibiSoma's life, and he is using Arkham City as a displacement tool for his anger. ChibiSoma - it's going to be alright.

Everything is going to be fine.

Wanna talk about it?

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Thanks for beta testing it for the rest of us, 3DS/Vita users.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

"I'm sad I'll never get to see the man you'll become".

Thomas Wayne must have been one morbid dude.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

I reckon the Arkham Knight is what the player character does when the game's turned off. Kind of like a Zur En Arhh thing.

Oh who are we kidding it's going to be the Joker.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Fuzz posted:

More importantly, will his arms be thicker than his head? I swear everyone but Scarecrow and Joker were jacked up beyond belief... AC at least toned it down slightly.

Commissioner Popeye.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Oh, right.

And come to think of it, Poison Ivy reformed before TNBA. The pale-skinned Poison Ivy was a plant clone, I believe.

Edit: http://imgur.com/gallery/GuVXW

Haha that last panel of Isley matter-of-factly getting out a broom and bag makes me think this kind of thing happens to her a lot.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Keeku posted:

Good catch. I didn't like using shock gloves so ignored them most the game in combat. Didn't even think to turn them on in the first Bane fight. Oops!

I figured the whole point of that Bane fight was to teach you to use the shock gloves. It's basic Zelda rules: the item you get in the dungeon is the one you use to beat the boss.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Phylodox posted:

I think that's Batman's whole thing. Regardless of whether he sympathizes with someone, he has to be an uncompromising rear end in a top hat. Batman is a symbol of unrelenting fear and unwavering justice. If he lets on for a second that there's a thinking, feeling person behind the persona, his mystique evaporates.

But he does nice, kind things all the time in other Batman media, from the comics to the TV series right through the Nolan films. I want to believe Batman is basically a nice guy...

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

I'm obviously just being a complete moron here, but how do I start this DLC on PC? Please don't tell me you have to have completed the game to access it.

edit: fixed it with a restart of Steam.

Necrothatcher fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Apr 22, 2014

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Ah nuts to this. Twice I've been stuck in the black void of death with no way out.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

I do appreciate the sadism in this DLC funnelling players into My Alibi, one of the most notoriously save-ruining areas of Origins. I'd honestly have been happier going back into the drat Steel Mill after the wasted time that nightclub has eaten up and spat out.

Necrothatcher fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Apr 23, 2014

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

I can't believe they've made Batman more brutal than before.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

It was on some kind of secret flash sale earlier, I got it for £3. I mean... how bad can it be.. r-right?

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

I finished Blackgate last night, and it wasn't so much terrible as it was mindnumbingly boring. That slog towards the end of the game where you have to hit five different points within a (by this point largely deserted) prison was one of the most tedious things I've done of late. Still, the final boss was pretty interesting once you figure out the gimmick - probably the one point in the game where you felt like Batman.

If I didn't have personal rule to complete every game I buy in a Steam sale I wouldn't have bothered playing through it, but I'd say it's worth the £3 I paid for it.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

l33t b4c0n posted:

I got 100% of the achievements in Arkham Asylum, 100% in Arkham City, and I completed every single-player achievement in Arkham Origins. Why did they have to add a lovely multiplayer mode that I have to deal with if I want 100%?

How quickly did that half-assed multiplayer mode die off anyway? A week or two after release?

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Lethemonster posted:

Was there a thread for Arkham City when it came out? I've been trundling through the archives trying to find it but no luck so far.

If it's any help I remember the title was something like 'Arkham City: Democracy just doesn't work'.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

CuwiKhons posted:

I've been replaying Arkham City and I have the pettiest loving complaint: I refuse to believe that a tech genius/known hacker like Riddler uses passwords that are real words like "Analytical" or "Genius" or whatever. I know it's just a game design thing but it irks me.

I don't know if you've noticed, but everyone in the Arkhamverse is a complete moron. From your average thug blundering into your fists right up to the genius who decided to wall off part of the city and turn it into a prison.

Even Batman has some moments of extreme idiocy.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Veotax posted:

The Injustice comic has done pretty good by Harley (Injustice is actually a shockingly good comic, with some awkward early issues).

This is from the awkward early issues right?

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

I think your mileage on Deathstroke varies on which difficulty you first encounter him on. He's quite frustrating on Hard when you can't see any of the counter flashes.

I finished that fight with a sliver of health after finally working out the right timings for all the counters - felt way better than perfecting my way through it all.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

I quite liked the final Catwoman fight in Blackgate. A rare non-lovely part of the game.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Discendo Vox posted:

It's a cutscene.

Oh my god you're right.

I can't believe they fooled me.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Rocksteady have got to put the Batman thing to bed after this though. I'd like to see them tackle the fabled 'good Superman game' next. It must be possible...

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Knuc U Kinte posted:

There's absolutely nothing spoilery in that.

I'm curious as to how full frontal male nudity is going to fit into this game.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Is it just me or does Kevin Conroy sound a bit bored?

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Ooh, is Damian back? I kind of lost interest in Batman comics after he died.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I think I heard he was revived by the Lazarus Pit. Bruce had to piss off Jason to do it, though, which ruined their relationship.

Tch, that Jason - always pissed off! :rolleyes:

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

They'll all be available to buy a week after release. Only chumps preorder.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

CuwiKhons posted:

They pushed really hard to point out that Arkham Knight is an original character. If he turns out to be a known character, there's gonna be a lot of outrage.

Yeah man there'll be riots in the streets.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Discendo Vox posted:

Eugh, Morrison's novel. That as a bundled object ain't a good sign.

That book rules.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

That tank shooting bit looks loving boring. Kind of reminded me of Assassin's Creed Brotherhood's iffy vehicle sections.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

The Flashpoint and Red Son Batman both look really fuckin cool imo. In fact they look way better than all the skins presented thus far.

Certainly better than Anime Batman:

Anime Batman looks embarrassed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

FadedReality posted:

I'm playing some Origins as well and I know its been said but jesus the collectibles feel like a slog. Especially with the super linear and restrictive interior design.

Why are bothering with them anyway?

• Locked thread