Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
She also cursed him out for being useless back when aliens attacked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

AtomikKrab posted:

Man every single monster is all, THIS GUY IS NOT TO BE hosed WITH, and freaking out every time king moves.

And why not? They only barely beat Tatsumaki, and they had a plan to beat her, as well as someone who had a profound understanding of her abilities. King is even stronger, and his powers are a complete mystery to them. If they don't drop the strongest human instantly, he'll strike them down in a way they can't even guess at. Once this fight starts, it will doubtless be over in seconds!

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice
Someone doesn't understand how shaggy dog stories work. (There is no chance anyone will seriously challenge Saitama, ever)

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice

Meme Emulator posted:

I dont think its too much of a stretch to say that the final villain encountered will be a challenge to Saitama, since thats all hes wanted during the entire story. Garou seems to fit that mold, especially since they both became strong the same way.

Asura demon had a transcendent power that surpassed all control. Speed of Sound Sonic had a speed that could not be matched. The giant snowman was the size of a mountain. The Sea King was the father of all living things. That goofy YiGiOh guy had traveled from the other side of the universe just to face Saitama. Metal Knight respects no moral laws in his endless quest for the ultimate scientific weapons. King is the strongest human on earth. Black sperm is eleven trillion dangerous monsters at once. Garou's limiter is cracking as he presses against his own limits. God has powers that exceed all understanding.

You can find reasons why any of these clowns will totally be able to push Saitama, but it's just not gonna happen. Saitama has trouble dealing with other people, so he might struggle a bit in a fight because he doesn't know what to do on a social level, but get hurt? Struggle to win? Never.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice

Serious Frolicking posted:

We still haven't seen anything from those two monsters with the awesome designs who gave that bald guy the power armor. They don't seem to be part of this monster organization, so there might be a bigger and better one out there somewhere.

They probably work for Metal Knight.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice
Gotta say, I'm glad that Garou wasn't really gonna kill that kid.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice

Adelheid posted:

Man, where is this series even going to go after Garou?

Metal Knight, the psychotic cyborg, Eigenknight, God, the danger threatening the world, the horrifying truth of the future. Plus anyone else who shows up.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice

Reiche posted:

I'm channeling my inner HxH from the end of the Chimera Ant arc as I type...

Art's about right.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice
Good news, then!

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/186797/onepunch-man-original_ch92_by_anonymous

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice
So? He just shows up and refuses to go away.

Dealing with people is Saitama's kryptonite.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice
One of the monsters calls him out on it.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice
Good kid.

Also, note that Saitama was the only one who was looking up at the end. I don't think the others could see Garou leave.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice
Speaking of:

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/249919/mob-psycho-100_ch63.2_by_nerieru-scans

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice

Voted Worst Mom posted:

He's probably going to lecture her and end up having psykos stay with those guys who have the dog

Those heroes are absolutely unequipped to live with three dragon class monsters.

Saitama should find even more monsters to live with them.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice
Saitama's bald, so we'll never know if he's gone super saiyin.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice

Dan7el posted:

Why is he called licenseless rider? You don't need a license to ride a bicycle, right?

He's a Kamen Rider knockoff--he doesn't have a motorcycle license, but he can still ride the bicycle of justice.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice
A bunch of them take the job seriously. Master Bang is working hard to ensure there will be heroes after he retires, zombie man's a bit self absorbed in his backstory but is a traditionally heroic guy, Metal Bat looks mean but cares deeply about his sister and (apparently) his cat, Child Emperor spends all his time making devices to help hunt monsters, and so on and so forth. Hell, Common Rider is in the Hero Association and is the best hero you could hope for.

Then you have all the heroes who are teetering on the edge of heroism and narcissism, like Genos, King, Fubuki, Superalloy Darkshine, and Pri-Pri Prisoner, who could all wind up total shitbags or noble heroes, based on who they wind up listening to. And then there's plenty of bad influences, like Tank Top Master who leads a small army of superpowered shitbags, Dr. Bofoy who has absolutely no interest in human life, or Handsomly Masked Sweet Mask who uses his position as the most popular and influential hero to tell all the other heroes to never show mercy or understanding in any situation.

Even in the executive side of things, you have executives who are proactively working to leverage their assets to perform best practices heroic deployment, and executives who like to spend their afternoons coming up with sick rad superhero names.

The Hero Association isn't corrupt to the core; it just needs a great hero to redeem it.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice

Shugojin posted:

King isn't teetering on the edge of narcissism, he knows the score. He's just a scary looking motherfucker and too timid to correct anybody on their assumptions.

Not anymore he isn't. At first he let people project their hopes and dreams on him because of his timidity, and then when the lives of dozens of people were hinging on his decisions he ran away and left them to die, instead of, say, calling another S-rank hero on the phone and asking them to step in so the robot wouldn't collect his battle data or something. Don't forget he was prepared to let a lot of people die rather than admit he wasn't the hero he was presenting himself as.

But later, he put his life on the line to protect his peers and a single innocent child. That wasn't something he was capable of before he met Saitama.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice
Honestly I just didn't think I knew enough about watchdog man to comment. Like, what's his deal?

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice

Daxing Dan posted:

Pri-Pri Prisoner is in prison for raping dudes, and his main motivation for being a hero is so he can arrest bad guys and then rape them in prison. He is not what I would consider an ambiguous character.

Dude needs help. He views his own sexuality as inherently repellent (using it to punish criminals or threaten Superally Darkshine into action; never making a pass at someone who hasn't transgressed in some way, even if he's attracted to them) and spends all his spare time locked up in prison. He puts himself in lethal situations three times to save innocents or protect the other heroes, but what he's learned from them (mostly from Sea King, mind you) is that he needs to be way more murderous in his fights.

If he just wanted to be horrible in jail, he could be, but clearly he's driven to do more. Can he be saved? Not by Handsomely Masked Sweet Mask, that's for sure.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice

T.G. Xarbala posted:

poo poo, I got dangerously close to letting slip Saitama's "The Hulk's secret" moment from the ONE version in the Murata thread.

That's my secret, Genos. Something is always on sale.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice

BurningDance posted:

why am i excited to see a nameless mook stand up to tatsumaki's attack?

Dude's #2 B rank, he's not just a joke.

He is, however, about to be a smear on the ground.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It would not surprise me if Saitama could throw a punch with enough strength that the air pressure can stop him from falling or shoot him back up where he started.

'cos he's sort of broken.

Just so you know, humans can't fly.

If anything, I'd guess that he's lost.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Tatsumaki disagrees with your assertion in this super hero comic.

It's a quote of Saitama.

Dude can't fly, and will probably show up late.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice

Mr. Lobe posted:

These are probably not questions one is intended to ask, but I can't help but wonder what Tatsumakis game plan here was.

She doesn't have a plan. She has a massive superiority complex.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice
Saitama doesn't chase glory or money. Why would he join a new association where he gets more respect? He only joined the hero association so he wouldn't be a crackpot any more.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice

Elentor posted:

Plot twist, Garou is the head of the new association.

Saitama might join that organization.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice
What's the over/under on the swords team not noticing that they've sat downstream from Pig God?

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice

Fellis posted:

Has Atomic Samurai's sword hand-guard always been a swastika?

It's a Manji, a symbol that means luck or fortune or something and used to be all over everything, even in America. Then the nazis flipped it, and like armbands, no one uses them any more except the Japanese who were all on vacation for WW2, honest, why would anyone talk about it anyway.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice

Xarbala posted:

Some people like to make a verbal distinction between manji and swastika but there isn't, manji is literally just the japanese word, "whirlwind," for the symbol known in India as the svastika, which itself is a sanskrit word.

I had always thought the Indian svastika was oriented the other way, and the Nazis had taken a traditional symbol of fortune it and flipped it to show how their party had flipped Germany's fortune and it was all going to be peaches and cream going forward once we got rid of all those jews and also basically everyone else. Am I just wrong? Wouldn't be the first time.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice

Sindai posted:

I can't tell if the first half is just supposed to be a daydream or not.

The second half is perfect because I had exactly the same reaction as Saitama.

I dunno. Yeah, the first half of ole Sweet Mask's pitch was ludicrously overbearing and dumb. But he was listening to Saitama's comments, he took him aside and explained pretty concisely why he's scared without there being a perfect human hero, and even when he was being rude he was listening, sort of. Ole Saitama's being uncharacteristically rude this chapter.

Although Sweet Mask proooobably shouldn't have called for the hair stylist.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice

MorningMoon posted:

Yeah, Saitama listened and his big takeaway was that Sweet Mask should be himself. Wouldn't be entirely surprised if Saitama thinks that Sweet Mask thinks of himself as a monster metaphorically, rather than noticing that Sweet Mask is indeed very much literally a monster.

Man, I guess. It's just that

is a real rear end admission of weakness, and a sign of tremendous respect from ole' Sweet Mask, and Saitama's response to, 'I'm horrified at the thought I'll betray humanity the moment things go bad,' is, 'Just be yourself man.'

Also Sweet Mask showed up with some pretty good bribes.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice

Julias posted:

123 is also up.

Alright, good job Saitama. This is some grade A+ Superheroim.

I guess when you need someone who doesn't give a poo poo what other people think, Saitama's your man.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice

Nebrilos posted:

I was thinking a bit about Saitama. Forgive me if these thoughts aren't original. His reason for his training was that he wanted to be "a hero as a hobby". To enable this "hobby," he trained for three years, not taking even a single break, to the extent that he lost all of his hair and his body underwent a number of horrifying changes. I'm not saying that people this dedicated don't exist, such as Olympic athletes, but they make what they are dedicated to their life's work, not just a "hobby". Why is Saitama so obsessed about a "hobby," and why does he consider it a "hobby" and not "his purpose in life" or somesuch?

Were heroism his life's purpose, then there'd be a right way and a wrong way to do it. He'd always strive to be the "best" hero he can, which would mean things like not getting in screaming matches with other heroes, not picking his nose in public, having a winning smile and a cool catch phrase. Saitama's strength comes from his rejection of limitations like those.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice

Meme Emulator posted:

Dr Grumpy Pervert

ExCUSE me, it's Majin Surgeon White Knight thank you very much.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice
Every third chapter released should be a redraw of Phoenix Man, a battle eternally reborn.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice

i flunked out posted:

edit: the murata blast outfit kinda reminds me of android 16

I thought the exact same thing.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice
Metal Bat is so cool.

ONE really has a firm grasp on writing heroic characters. In most stories, "Stupid mook with a club" would not be a compelling character, much less an inspiring one.
"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice

Elentor posted:

Looking at Garou's face of "I'm too old for this poo poo" while someone else wants to drag him into his power fantasies is so relatable and really is what I liked so much about this manga in the first place.

I loved that. What, is Garou going to tell this punk that it's wrong to beat people up for being strong and annoying? It's his past, here to murder him and make him a cyborg.

God preserve us all from confronting our youth.