Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Spoilers as of 59:

Well, King got killed off really casually, I was actually pretty shocked to see that. When the heck did he even have an opportunity to die?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

RatHat posted:

Pretty sure that's a joke, he's not dead. He's knocked out from the hot pot fight in 57

Oh whoops, I thought he got hunted by Garou, I forgot the Hot Pot was after that. Phew.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Soylentbits posted:

There must be some more artists he can pair up with. The air gear guy could probably stand to never write his own material again.

Also somebody please tell me that "darky" is just a really bad translation.

His name is Darkshine, so its probably just a bad translation of Dark-chan or something

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

ONE wouldnt drop it. Theres no chance of that happening now that hes got a successful published collaboration. Hes got a good 60 chapter buffer though, for a bi monthly manga thats 3 years before he has to worry about getting caught up on.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Isnt that the second time shes complimented King? Someones got a soft spot for him.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Genocyber posted:

Think it's just there as a random bit of humor.

Re: Garou

Garou will never be a challenge to Saitama, because no one will ever be a challenge to Saitama. That's kinda the point of the comic.

I dont think its too much of a stretch to say that the final villain encountered will be a challenge to Saitama, since thats all hes wanted during the entire story. Garou seems to fit that mold, especially since they both became strong the same way.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Mystic Mongol posted:

Asura demon had a transcendent power that surpassed all control. Speed of Sound Sonic had a speed that could not be matched. The giant snowman was the size of a mountain. The Sea King was the father of all living things. That goofy YiGiOh guy had traveled from the other side of the universe just to face Saitama. Metal Knight respects no moral laws in his endless quest for the ultimate scientific weapons. King is the strongest human on earth. Black sperm is eleven trillion dangerous monsters at once. Garou's limiter is cracking as he presses against his own limits. God has powers that exceed all understanding.

You can find reasons why any of these clowns will totally be able to push Saitama, but it's just not gonna happen. Saitama has trouble dealing with other people, so he might struggle a bit in a fight because he doesn't know what to do on a social level, but get hurt? Struggle to win? Never.

I get the gag, its not like I dont understand the joke. Im just saying that when Saitamas ambition from chapter 1 was to have a good fight, itll probably happen. Doesn't mean itll be a 20 chapter shounen shouting match or anything cliche like that, if thats what you think Im implying. Considering Garous been around for like 40 chapters now, and hes got the same source of strength as Saitama, it seems most likely that it will be him.

If anything, it would be pretty funny. What would happen if two Saitamas fought each other? Smacking each other around effortlessly and ultimately doing no damage to the other, theyd have to settle thier differences with a fighting game match

Meme Emulator fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Aug 5, 2013

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

I like how Sonics Tshirt and Saitamas hoodie made the list

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Dr. MonkeyThunder posted:

I bet he'll pick up the pace when Murata starts nipping at his heels. I'm under the impression ONE knows what's going to happen and can knock one of these out in an afternoon.

Assuming they continue to release the redraw every two weeks, ONE has a good two year buffer before having to worry about getting caught up on.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

e X posted:

I am having a deja vu. Pretty sure someone said the same thing when the Garou arc started. Let's hope it never goes there, because it is kind of a terrible idea.

I think I brought that up, because Garou got his strength the same way as Saitama, so it would make sense for them to be equals. I thought the story was wrapping up then (although I dont know why I thought that since we havent met the number 1 hero, or Genos's enemy, or found out what the terrible prediction is yet) but Saitamas gotta get one good fight before its over. Itll be sad if the series ends before he finally gets the one thing that he wants.

Meme Emulator fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Dec 22, 2014

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

RareAcumen posted:

I really don't think there's any romance coming from any of the main cast anytime soon.

Someone made this post in the other thread and I cant post this there

Am I nuts or has the webcomic been teasing Tatsumaki x King

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Mraagvpeine posted:

I think part of the reason for the Tatsumaki x King ship is that King is an otaku and some people might think he's into young girls (or young looking in Tatsumaki's case) because of that.

No I dont think he says a single thing about her other than peeing his pants in fear when shes around. Shes the one who has a wierd lil soft spot for him.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Soulfucker posted:

Looking forward to the Murata redraw of Hitmen for destiny

An incredible artist redrawing Hitmen is one of my own personal fantasies

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

https://mangadex.org/chapter/789744/1

Two new chappies just dropped

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Nebrilos posted:

I was thinking a bit about Saitama. Forgive me if these thoughts aren't original. His reason for his training was that he wanted to be "a hero as a hobby". To enable this "hobby," he trained for three years, not taking even a single break, to the extent that he lost all of his hair and his body underwent a number of horrifying changes. I'm not saying that people this dedicated don't exist, such as Olympic athletes, but they make what they are dedicated to their life's work, not just a "hobby". Why is Saitama so obsessed about a "hobby," and why does he consider it a "hobby" and not "his purpose in life" or somesuch?

Harry Darger wrote a gigantic novel and spent his entire life doing it but id say it was a hobby for him.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Bucswabe posted:

I kind of love the idea that Saitama just by chance happened upon the exact "cheat code" of life for becoming invincible. And that his genuine earnestness for being good, but overall apathy, let him not transform into a monster like most other people would.

I always liked to think of it as saitama being kind of weak and cruddy and standard training was all it took to push him to the brink of death and the edge of his ability and break his limiter

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

dude this made me cackle for like 5 minutes

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

saitama strutting around and showing off in front of his dumbass friends makes me so happy

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Dr Grumpy Pervert

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Ive been laughing at The Great Degenerate all day. I wonder who he pissed off in the hero association when he was new

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Parrotine posted:

Is she pinching her face or trying to tear it off

I thought it was just a pinch me im dreaming thing, since she just saw Saitama whoop the robot