Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Primpod
Dec 25, 2007

jamming on crusty white

Altran posted:

LoL
But When he comes back, I will snatch rvp at a low price then captain him, suarez, and ramsey whoever has a weaker team lined up to play.
RVP is never going to be a low price. He could hemorrhage owners all season and he'll still be more expensive than any other player will be this season. For him to be worthwhile he'll need to overperform against Rooney more than suarez is overperforming against sturridge pre-injury. Not that he's not a solid pick, when he's there he's great, but he's a punt considering the more likely difference the 2.5m will make in defence/mid/your cheap striker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
RVP is currently 13.7 million (which is 1.2 mil more than second most expensive player Suarez) and he's shed about a million owners from his high price point. RVP will always be massively overpriced this season.

Konsek
Sep 4, 2006

Slippery Tilde
If Suarez carries on like this he's going to score more fantasy points than Van Persie has the last couple of years. His price has gone up a million in a month.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

This is getting almost stupid. It's like the good old days when you could captain Cesc week in week out and get oodles of points.

Or that one Christmas three or four years ago when Rooney was on a ridiculous run, and then had a DGW where he scored something like 30-40 points.

Suarez will just bite someone's face again and sort it out

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I'm keeping RVP in my fantasy team in order to jinx him.

Same with Ramsey and Giroud.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Just played my Wildcard to get rid of a bunch of injured players (Van Persie, Vertonghen, Townsend), and others who weren't really performing.

I figure Negredo and Welbeck will be playing loads now with Van Persie/Rooney and Aguero out. Forgot that Arsenal and Chelsea were playing this week though, not sure what to do about Ivanovic/Mertesacker. I can see both teams scoring. :stare:

irlZaphod fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Dec 19, 2013

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I'd consider Yaya now that he will be taking penalties. Silva if you want a differential.

Think you're mad to run without Suarez. Also seem to be spending a lot on that GK rotation off the top of my head.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

I try not to pick Liverpool players

Krul's only Ł5.1m, there's not many keepers cheaper than that.

Hadn't thought about Yaya actually...he's been scoring plenty of frees lately too.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

With Aguero gone, he pretty much gets every free kick and every penalty. Silva is a better player but I suspect he will see some rest over Xmas period and it's hard to know how we works with a Negredo/Dzeko/Jovetic front-line. Yaya can just keep banging in his free kicks. (And this is coming from a bloke that didn't buy Yaya til this week because gently caress Yaya).

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Just swapped out Krul for McGregor and Lukaku for Chamakh so that I could bring in Yaya.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I'd dump Ivanovic for a cheaper defender to keep Lukaku since Chelsea seem incapable of clean sheets at the moment. Hull and Cardiff are both resilient at home so they are good options for cheap defenders. I'd also downgrade Caulker. Just my 2c.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
If you don't have Suarez just delete your team right now. He's averaging over 20 points a week for the last 3 weeks and mostly everybody is doubling that with captain points.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!

Quite happy with my team OP.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

You might want to ditch Given considering he's currently on loan at Boro

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Mignolet/Lewis
Jagielka/Dawson/Clyne/Chester/Turner
Ozil/Toure/Ramsay/Cabaye/Remond
Suarez/Rooney/Lukaku

Pretty template.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

I always tend to pop in the reserve keeper for whoever my main is, so for example Cech and Schwarzer. This way if your keeper is out you're guaranteed your bench keeper will start and will playing behind the same (hopefully good) defence.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

I usually just try to have a decent keeper as backup cause if your main is playing a match where he's unlikely to keep a clean sheet, the backup will hopefully have an easier match. It doesn't always work out though, especially if the two teams are playing each other.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

I've managed to severely injure three keepers so far this year. :toot:

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

irlZaphod posted:

Just swapped out Krul for McGregor and Lukaku for Chamakh so that I could bring in Yaya.
:getin:

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Cup starts next week. Definitely my favourite bit.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

420 Captain Suarez everyday

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Mills posted:

Mignolet/Lewis
Jagielka/Dawson/Clyne/Chester/Turner
Ozil/Toure/Ramsay/Cabaye/Remond
Suarez/Rooney/Lukaku

Pretty template.

:getin:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

drat, having a really close H2H match with the Tottenham Haters. I'm on 70 points, he's on 72 and we both have players in tomorrow's game. But not the same players! This one will probably go right down to the wire.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Of course Mourinho subbed on Oscar for 10 minutes, giving me a massive 1 point from him instead of the 12 Lallana's sub would've given me. Of course. And the hosed up thing is I could've sworn I had Lallana in my starting lineup before this round, too :sigh:

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Who do we captain next week? :shrug:

Pasco
Oct 2, 2010

Mills posted:

Who do we captain next week? :shrug:

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

I don't care if Suarez has four 2 point weeks in a row now, I will still have absolutely no regrets captaining him.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I might do. I also have Rooney and Özil who are likely to get more points than Suarez this week but I guess it speaks volumes about the man's ability and form that I'm not entirely convinced, even if he is playing against City. I really don't know what to do here.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

City have been leaky.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Forgot to take the captaincy off Suarez so watch him get 1 point today.

gently caress it all to hell.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Reminder that Theo Walcott scored two (2) goals against City at the Etihad last week. That means Suarez will get like... 10 goals.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

Actually Suarez is not going to even start because I am going to get eliminated in the cup to someone who hasn't made a transfer since GW2:

I'm on 23 points myself with Suarez and Yaya Touré left to play.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Conor McNamara, BBC commentator
Man City v Crystal Palace (1500 GMT)
Interesting Manchester City team news. I'm told Yaya Toure, Negredo & Nasri all rested. Boyata at right-back.

My.....my fantasy team...no..

Trigger85
Dec 31, 2005
Negredo captained, Zabaleta and Yaya benched, Jagielka hamstring injury unannounced until the lineups - going to lose in the cup to a dead team this week to boot, and only getting points off the bench from Chester and Hooper (8 total) because Ramsey is crocked too... This is gonna be a crap week for points!

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

NeoNaoNeo posted:

My.....my fantasy team...no..

Yeah well I have Rooney, Jones, Özil and Ramsey, apparently none of whom are playing this week. This is going to be a BAD week.

CaptainRightful
Jan 11, 2005

This is going to be a rough fantasy week for everyone as we all try to make due until that second wildcard is available.

Armagnac
Jun 24, 2005
Le feu de la vie.
Was really upset about my fantasy week, until I saw that our league leader only made 17 points, and captaining Lukaku saved me... I'm still in 4th though,
Running:

Mannone/Speroni
Sagna/Williamson/Cameron/Ward/Ridgewell
Walcott/Sterling/Hazard/Barkley/Januzaj
Rooney/Lukaku/Suarez

After buying him in my original team, I finally sold Ramsey this week.

Seamus Coleman is my nemesis though, Everyone has him... except me...

Armagnac
Jun 24, 2005
Le feu de la vie.
I also came up with a little mental math in terms of how *I* value players where I'd like some feedback.

Instead of thinking of player value at 5.6 or 12, I basically assume the cost of filling *any* slot is 4 mil minimum. I.E. I'm never going to be able to fill a slot for *less* than 4, and since that "garbage-slot" 4.0 player lives at an expected 0 point revenue, I basically subtract -4mil from every player's cost.

So, your bankroll, instead of it being 100mil, you really are trying to maximize return from the 40 mill you can move around.

So, instead of thinking Joel Ward from Crystal Palace is a 4mil player, he's a way to fill a slot for free, and let you spend on proven returns. And since he's on a Tony Pulis side (notorious for defensive play and stupid tracksuits and caps) He's essentially a no-brain purchase, as he lets you have a lot of return for no actual investment. Same reason Mannone & Speroni are great choices for keeper, that extra few hundred K you're saving makes *way* more sense when you think about things in a world where you only actually *very* limited resources.

Does this make sense? I have a feeling that a PPM spread sheet would make way more sense if viewed in that way...

Primpod
Dec 25, 2007

jamming on crusty white
Don't really know how different it is to look for value and recognise it in specific players like Ward or James Chester. I'd say it's more about you deciding that you want to fill a certain position in certain way in the first place then just comparing some of the players around the price you want to pay to see what you can get with your money. If you decide you want a cheap defender or midfielder that plays, then obviously Ward is good value, but in the case of strikers, this season lots of people are playing with 2 or 3 more expensive players, and using 4m as a baseline is probably misleading because there isn't really much of any value under, say, 6m. Last season it was the same but with a lot of good midfielders and a lot of misfiring strikers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Is anyone using Mata now he's at united? I'm debating getting rid of Ozil for him but idk!

• Locked thread