Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

A smug sociopath posted:

Here's one of my personal favourites: people trying to eat Surströmming.

I was responsible for one of those! In the International Goon Food Exchange thread, I sent some surströmming to forums poster Horatio TB irdbath in Australia. It took two months to get there, and I think it was more ripe than it really should be when they opened the can.

But she was brave enough to take one for the goons! :australia::respek::sweden:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Abl4vAaW8E

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Welp, do I have some ancient gifs for you!

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Don't worry anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3N04Z3W4uc

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Don't think I ever saw that pic without the HALT! HAMMERZEIT caption before.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Takedown by tiny car

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYDhsp5yIUQ

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

NMS that dude.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Holy lol that news blooper reel :toot:

"We hunted the dildo to extinction."

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Every gym that I have heard of requires you to get some basic instruction on safety and how to use the equipment before you start working out.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

mind the walrus posted:

I don't know about schadenfreude exactly, but this always gets a smile out of me. My apologies if this showed up 10-25 pages+ ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUz9xCTOPRw

Badasssss

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

UnnaturalSELECTION posted:

I have an exam tomorrow, and would like to request images of cat schadenfreude. Not cats getting seriously hurt, but just being involved in the schadenfreude in some way

:catstare:

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Kruller posted:

The clip around 1:00 in that video has the most amazing/horrifying sound I've ever heard someone make when getting knocked out. Like a literal bell being rung inside his head.

You can tell that the guy is knocked out cold and concussed from the fencing response

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Doctor Bishop posted:

This one is even funnier when you realize that the fish getting yoinked is a mahi-mahi, A.K.A. a dolphin. :v:

Yoinker is a sea lion.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

I took inorganic and organic chemistry at university, and we handled lots of dangerous stuff in the lab but never never ever elemental bromine. That stuff is vile.

The teacher that let a student without any kind of safety certification handle elemental bromine is either dangerously clueless or a complete moron.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Magres posted:

:buddy: wuddup Cbus buddy. I did my undergrad at OSU and love the hell out of that city.

Out of curiosity, how's the place that's where Bento used to be? It's right next to Chipotle, google street view says it's some place called Midway or some poo poo. I always really liked Bento and was super sad to see it go.

Bento Go Go made a really tasty Katsu bowl. Kind of a sketchy place, but decent Asian-American food. Best Chinese in Columbus was Joy's Garden in that creepy basement mall further North on High. Then they changed owners and became crap and were rude to actual Chinese customers.

I was in Columbus in 2008 and saw half the town close down and board up their shop windows. No schadenfreude in that, but the recession really hit hard.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

There's been washing machine in the kitchen derails before. It's pretty common in the UK and other parts of Europe.

And those kids are, welp kids. Kids do stupid stuff and fall over all the time.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Dear Abby burn, 1979

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Picnic Princess posted:

I was the "reptile manager" in a pet store and we had a blue-tongue skink who was the awesomest dude ever. You could pick him up, carry him around, he would just chill. We had an infestation of these big black beetles, 2" long, and whenever we ever caught any, we would put the skink on our counter and feed him these things. He'd just hang out there, waiting for more beetles. I miss that guy, he was a good friend.

I'm taking a guess that the black beetles were Zophobas beetles. The larvae are sold as reptile food under the name 'superworms'.

The larvae stay as larvae if they are kept together, because they will eat pupae of their own species. If they get away from the crowd and find a hiding spot, they pupate and turn into beetles in a couple of weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Pope Corky the IX posted:

What is this song? I need it immediately.

literally the first hit for 'spooky scary skeletons remix'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6-ZGAGcJrk

• Locked thread