Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

yup. And I ain't gonna get autodrafted next year even if I have to quit my job. (still gonna finish last place in Namath division).

e:gently caress new page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JuicedSixFo
Mar 16, 2007
Thanks JetsGuy

FLUKE YEAR

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I explained this league to a friend who's been in a fantasy league for several years over Christmas and he couldn't even fathom how our format is feasible. "So wait, there's only one pool of players...?" It made me like this league even more.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

tadashi posted:

I explained this league to a friend who's been in a fantasy league for several years over Christmas and he couldn't even fathom how our format is feasible. "So wait, there's only one pool of players...?" It made me like this league even more.

It's a shallow pool, and someone's always peeing in it.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

I think I'm drafting Nick Foles next year with my first pick.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

JuicedSixFo posted:

Thanks JetsGuy

FLUKE YEAR

Hey, I'll keep running this madhouse, as long as y'all keep making it fun!

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

tadashi posted:

Did you tell him that's the whole point? Because you should have.

Everyone I tell that I run a 20 team league thinks I'm insane. Well, they think I'm MORE insane, since they already know me.

seventeen
Jan 2, 2005

Do not try and score on the powerplay. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.

What truth?

There is no powerplay.

JetsGuy posted:

Hey, I'll keep running this madhouse, as long as y'all keep making it fun!

Praise be to the JetsGuy

Praise be to the Starr

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
Juice got banned. :(

I may try to keep him in the league anyway.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

JetsGuy posted:

Juice got banned. :(

I may try to keep him in the league anyway.

He's been banned before and paid to get back in. We have a few months to see if he comes back.

seventeen
Jan 2, 2005

Do not try and score on the powerplay. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.

What truth?

There is no powerplay.
Down goes Dan, down goes Daaaaaan

RIP Juice

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
With the draft this week, i just wanted to say I though of how y'all are going to see the true wrath of Dan soon. :smug:

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
I sincerely doubt many people are reading this during draft week, but just was thinking... We have several people who have for years been on the wait list. Off the top of my head, Der Juicen and The Gobbledygooker stick out as multi year wait listers.

I was wondering maybe if we should adopt a new wait list policy. Maybe it's easier and more fair to just go by length of time on the wait list? I'd go back and see who truly has been on the list the longest.

I doubt any wait listers are going to read this, so it's sort of up the league as to how we want to take in new guys.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

JetsGuy posted:

I sincerely doubt many people are reading this during draft week, but just was thinking... We have several people who have for years been on the wait list. Off the top of my head, Der Juicen and The Gobbledygooker stick out as multi year wait listers.

I was wondering maybe if we should adopt a new wait list policy. Maybe it's easier and more fair to just go by length of time on the wait list? I'd go back and see who truly has been on the list the longest.

I doubt any wait listers are going to read this, so it's sort of up the league as to how we want to take in new guys.

I got in by F5ing this subforum for 2 years straight waiting for you to make the thread every year so I could get in. It's either a badge of honor or shame depending on how you look at it. I'd say let the long term waitlist guys decide. They want to go the manly route and first-come-first-serve or take the easy route of length of time on the list. There's only one right answer, let's see if they pick it.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I say waitlisters should go pound sand and we should pick them alphabetically just to torment them

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
The true answer is a 20 team B league. Winner gets to join the next year if someone drops or if not, whoever is #20 gets sent down to the minor league.

Or we make them write odes to their division namesake.

Either way, really.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Power of Pecota posted:

I say waitlisters should go pound sand and we should pick them alphabetically just to torment them

Welcome to the league, AAA DOLFAN.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Silly Burrito posted:

Welcome to the league, AAA DOLFAN.

crazy/DOLFAN owns, and I won't hear anything to the contrary. :colbert:

jabro posted:

I got in by F5ing this subforum for 2 years straight waiting for you to make the thread every year so I could get in. It's either a badge of honor or shame depending on how you look at it. I'd say let the long term waitlist guys decide. They want to go the manly route and first-come-first-serve or take the easy route of length of time on the list. There's only one right answer, let's see if they pick it.

This is an opinion I care about since you got in off the wait list. Thanks for the insight!

Power of Pecota posted:

You can get into the league.... but first... you must find me the Jade Monkey....

...are you familiar with this state's usury laws?

commish
Sep 17, 2009

When are we setting the draft order? If I get a late pick again, I'm gonna knife someone. Probably Juiced.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

commish posted:

When are we setting the draft order? If I get a late pick again, I'm gonna knife someone. Probably Juiced.

If you haven't sent Jetsguy your $50 bribe yet, you're screwed.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
if I get the first pick again, I'm NOT drafting Ray Rice

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Silly Burrito posted:

If you haven't sent Jetsguy your $50 bribe yet, you're screwed.

The first bribe rolled in right after the NCG. :smug:

commish posted:

You're not a new guy, you know how I roll with the draft order...

it'll be after we know who's in this year, but before I set the schedule.

So like a day before the draft. :v:

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
PS - Burrito, a Canes Box Meal would be pretty awesome right about now.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

JetsGuy posted:

PS - Burrito, a Canes Box Meal would be pretty awesome right about now.

http://www.raisingcanes.com/faq/menu-nutrition

I do not live in an area where Raising Cane’s® is currently at, can you ship the food/sauce to me?

A. At this time, the only way to purchase our food is by visiting a Raising Cane’s® location. We are currently not equipped to ship our food in any capacity. I do hope that you get a chance to visit a city where we are located to try our food.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMpXAknykeg

i.e., move son.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Silly Burrito posted:

http://www.raisingcanes.com/faq/menu-nutrition

I do not live in an area where Raising Cane’s® is currently at, can you ship the food/sauce to me?

A. At this time, the only way to purchase our food is by visiting a Raising Cane’s® location. We are currently not equipped to ship our food in any capacity. I do hope that you get a chance to visit a city where we are located to try our food.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMpXAknykeg

i.e., move son.

With the 60th pick in the 20SA draft... :mad:

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Don't worry, I am not an rear end in a top hat who won't ship a box of chicken. One Caniac combo with extra sauce?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Best place for BBQ is Adam's Ribs. You can even get them in Korea if you can find someone to ship them to you.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Can we make it a league thing where everyone ships regional fried chicken to each other

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Power of Pecota posted:

Can we make it a league thing where everyone ships regional fried chicken to each other

Instead of chicken, someone send me some White Castle sliders. Those frozen ones just aren't the same.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
I can send out some Maine lobster

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Braksgirl posted:

Don't worry, I am not an rear end in a top hat who won't ship a box of chicken. One Caniac combo with extra sauce?

Yes plz. :swoon:

Power of Pecota posted:

As long as I am the one getting chicken shipped to him, and it does not spoil, yes.

Also, real talk, we should have a league beer exchange.

halonx
May 4, 2005

Power of Pecota posted:

Regional fried chicken? I think the bowling alley near me serves some pretty sweet microwave chicken tenders..

commish
Sep 17, 2009

JetsGuy posted:

Okay I can send out some local Brooklyn beer.

seventeen
Jan 2, 2005

What truth?

There is no powerplay.

JetsGuy posted:

Boston's finest coming to a liver near you

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
Gonna make the Season 6 thread earlier than normal (thinking sometime in June as opposed to my usual tradition of writing it up while watching Joey Chestnut defend our freedom :911:).

Anyway, I open the floor to Season 6 Title suggestions. No political bullshit. :mad:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

JetsGuy posted:

Gonna make the Season 6 thread earlier than normal (thinking sometime in June as opposed to my usual tradition of writing it up while watching Joey Chestnut defend our freedom :911:).

Anyway, I open the floor to Season 6 Title suggestions. No political bullshit. :mad:

Season 6: No political bullshit

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
:smug: Of course you don't take the opportunity to own the Dan Marino division. A shame.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

JetsGuy posted:

Season 6: TOM BRADYS COCK IS DELICIOUS BART STARR RULES

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Power of Pecota posted:

Season 6: TOM BRADYS COCK IS DELICIOUS BART STARR RULES

Will be hard to top this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

JetsGuy posted:

:smug: Of course you don't take the opportunity to own the Dan Marino division. A shame.

It's ok, the league did it for me last year. :smug:

• Locked thread