Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
I just know I'm gonna end up with Christian Ponder as my #1 QB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

commish
Sep 17, 2009

You probably do not want Christian Ponder as your QB. Go for Vince Young.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

That's the best part of this league. Kirk Cousins will be a serious draft pick.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

commish posted:

You probably do not want Christian Ponder as your QB.

Paging reigning league champion Juiced to the thread, paging Juiced to the thread.

The last championship was Chad Henne vs. Christian Ponder.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Power of Pecota posted:

Paging reigning league champion Juiced to the thread, paging Juiced to the thread.

The last championship was Chad Henne vs. Christian Ponder.

Juiced only won because my Aaron Hernandez was out killing people instead of playing TE for my squad. I will not make the same mistake twice. All of my draft picks will be model citizens.

wasianchickn
Sep 4, 2006

welp
I will gladly take those productive rapists and murderers off your hands. As long as they restrict their extra-curricular activities to the off-season.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

commish posted:

Juiced only won because my Aaron Hernandez was out killing people instead of playing TE for my squad. I will not make the same mistake twice. All of my draft picks will be model citizens.

So you're drafting Tebow in the third or fourth?

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Silly Burrito posted:

So you're drafting Tebow in the third or fourth?

He said he's only draftin model citizens. That automatically disqualifies all Patriots and Cowboys.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
Postin just to say that every year my real life friends tell me I'm insane for running this thing.

chrix
Jan 3, 2004

Football man, the guy with the football plan

JetsGuy posted:

Postin just to say that every year my real life friends tell me I'm insane for running this thing.

I've got several friends who are jealous that we make this work, year after year. A legit 20 team league where no one flakes out halfway through the season is extremely rare.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

This is the ace up my sleeve when in fantasy league conversations. Oh you won your 8 team league? That's great, well I'm above average in a 20 team league :smugdog:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
And as impossible as it is scrounge through the crap of 5th string RBs, this is the one I look forward to more than any other. Including my own! :)

Eltoasto posted:

This is the ace up my sleeve when in fantasy league conversations. Oh you won your 8 team league? That's great, well I'm above average in a 20 team league :smugdog:

Check out our history:
http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/history?leagueId=524484

It's hard to be above average...but above .500 every year so far. :)

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Aug 12, 2013

seventeen
Jan 2, 2005

Do not try and score on the powerplay. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.

What truth?

There is no powerplay.
I've finished 9th, 10th twice and 11th. Hot Dog Heroes are the barometer for mediocrity.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
I've been in a different 20-team league the past 8 seasons. I won the championship twice in a row back in like 07-08 and I haven't come close since. So basically I'm planning on dominating (top 15 bitches).

chrix
Jan 3, 2004

Silly Burrito posted:

And as impossible as it is scrounge through the crap of 5th string RBs, this is the one I look forward to more than any other. Including my own! :)

Check out our history:
http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/history?leagueId=524484

It's hard to be above average...but above .500 every year so far. :)

I've gone 7th, 12th, then 7th again. Here's hoping I buck the trend and stay above .500 this year.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

9th, 19th, 5th, 2nd

S1 was pretty great in that my team was a tire fire that started 1-6 and then finished the season 5-1 and trucked through the whole consolation ladder, S2 was pretty great in that waiver pickup Ben Watson was the second most productive player on my team due to a crazy string of injuries and cratering (Ryan Grant, Brandon Marshall, Donovan McNabb, other guys) and I still beat commish to stay out of last place, S3 was pretty great in the near-total roster turnover I had + Cam Newton going crazy, and last season was pretty great in that it ended in the equivalent of the end of the Titans/Rams super bowl with Crabtree falling 1.4 points short of a championship win.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Stevie Lee posted:

I've been in a different 20-team league the past 8 seasons. I won the championship twice in a row back in like 07-08 and I haven't come close since. So basically I'm planning on dominating (top 15 bitches).

On behalf of the Dan Marino division, we would like to invite you to our division.

The best division awaits. Are you man enough? :smugdog:

Eltoasto posted:

Mine too. Oh, you're having a hard decision in your 8-10 team league? That's nice. I'm trying to decide whether to start Bradford or Dalton at QB. :chord:

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
S1 was pretty awesome, and it says a lot about this league that S1->S2 was the only season we lost like 5, but after that, we've all pretty much stayed with it. AND, DiscW has entered the wait list, eager to return to the fold.

wasianchickn
Sep 4, 2006

welp

JetsGuy posted:

Mine too. Oh, you're having a hard decision in your 8-10 team league? That's nice. I'm trying to decide whether to start Bradford or Dalton at QB. :chord:

I think you mean deciding whether to start Matt Flynn or Christian Ponder.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

wasianchickn posted:

I think you mean deciding whether to start Matt Flynn or Christian Ponder.

Matt Flynn. Geaux Tigers, bitch. :colbert:

EDIT:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzRDBNv7xeU

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin
4th, 18th, 17th, 11th. On the rise!

edit: holy poo poo I had Felix Jones 3 seasons in a row, what the gently caress is wrong with me??

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
19th (but 6th in points scored), Champion (and 1st in points scored), Champion (2nd in points scored), 8th (4th in points scored)

My team my second year was unbelievable. I had the number 1 QB (Aaron Rodgers), the number 1 RB (Arian Foster) plus a top ten RB in my flex (Steven Jackson) and a top seven WR (Hakeem Nicks), and the #1 Defense (Bears). Without a doubt the best team I've ever had in any fantasy league.

wasianchickn
Sep 4, 2006

welp
6th, 9th, and 4th, and always with a winning records :)

ALL IN BABY

seventeen
Jan 2, 2005

Do not try and score on the powerplay. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.

What truth?

There is no powerplay.
The only good defense I remember having was bountygate era Saints. Please don't asterisk my middle of the road season

FlyWhiteBoy
Jul 13, 2004
Checking in with 5th, 15th, 15th, and 5th. Every game is hugely important in this league.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
My first year I was on fire for so long. So many people ignored my warnings that return yards mattered a lot. Sproles was such a great late steal at RB, and him along with picking a team that has a great RET unit just made me shred teams for a while.

EDIT:
Punt return yards mattering as much as RUSH yards is a huge thing. Don't overlook it! I think I have KRET yards at about as good as receiving yards.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

JetsGuy posted:

Matt Flynn. Geaux Tigers, bitch. :colbert:

EDIT:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzRDBNv7xeU

This is the best post.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Silly Burrito posted:

This is the best post.

That post also brought to you by dumbass Ryan Perrilloux.

JuicedSixFo
Mar 16, 2007

Stevie Lee posted:

I just know I'm gonna end up with Christian Ponder as my #1 QB.

commish posted:

You probably do not want Christian Ponder as your QB. Go for Vince Young.

Just goes to show what commish knows

http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/boxscorequick?leagueId=524484&teamId=17&scoringPeriodId=16&seasonId=2012&view=scoringperiod&version=quick

Christian Ponder started every game for me from week 12 onward (and a handful before) and lead me, and the Dan Marino Division, to another glorious championship

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Breesus Christ moved from 4-9 in our first season to 7-6 in our second so here's to hoping we find another Owen Daniels this season. Unfortunately I'll be on vacation the night of the draft but, seeing as it's the last night, I'll probably be able to handle it.

Is it too early to setup draft lists or am I missing something?

tadashi fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Aug 16, 2013

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

tadashi posted:

Breesus Christ moved from 4-9 in our first season to 7-6 in our second so here's to hoping we find another Owen Daniels this season. Unfortunately I'll be on vacation the night of the draft but, seeing as it's the last night, I'll probably be able to handle it.

Is it too early to setup draft lists or am I missing something?

I haven't heard anything else, so I assume the revision to the draft order is correct.

You're allowed to do whatever the poo poo you want now, trade picks, set your board, whatever.

The only thing I have to do, is set the schedule.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
The draft is this weekend.

So don't forget, dumb dumbs.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
I'm going to miss at least the first 90 minutes of the draft...Motherfuckers changed my schedule at work. And of course the ESPN fantasy app on android is garbage.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Stevie Lee posted:

I'm going to miss at least the first 90 minutes of the draft...Motherfuckers changed my schedule at work. And of course the ESPN fantasy app on android is garbage.

There's a draft app?

Because finally the actual FFL app is actually quite respectable this year.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
No, what I mean is the app is garbage because you can't do the draft from it like you can with yahoo's app.

It seems alright compared to the NFL.com app, though.

edit: besides the ad for Watch ESPN at the bottom

Stevie Lee fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Aug 19, 2013

chrix
Jan 3, 2004

Stevie Lee posted:

No, what I mean is the app is garbage because you can't do the draft from it like you can with yahoo's app.

It seems alright compared to the NFL.com app, though.

edit: besides the ad for Watch ESPN at the bottom

He's right. Looks like they've got a draft app built for iOS, but not android: http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/resources/help/content?name=fantasy-football-on-mobile

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
gently caress yahoo fantasy forever. What, did they finally update their 1991 draft application?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

JetsGuy posted:

gently caress yahoo fantasy forever. What, did they finally update their 1991 draft application?

Better than NFL.com's site/app. I had to quit one of the leagues I was in because I hated the interface that much.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Silly Burrito posted:

Better than NFL.com's site/app. I had to quit one of the leagues I was in because I hated the interface that much.

Hold on, I'm trying to decide which of 3 colored banners I am on the draft interface.

God that interface was trrbl in the 90s, the fact that they continued it for as long as they did is unforgivable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seventeen
Jan 2, 2005

What truth?

There is no powerplay.
It was previously stated but I'll also be on vacation for the draft. Setting up my pre-ranks now. Here's hoping AP drops to me in the first and that I also draft several of his clones in the second through sixth rounds as well

• Locked thread