Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
when you build a twitbot to you subscribe to certain tags or text and get notifications about it or do u just do some kind of polling/searching for new twits that match?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
that's gotta be a lot of tweets tho. do you respond to each one or do you pick at random cause otherwise wouldn't u get throttled real fast?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
ya too much data to do each tweet w/out getting throttled would be the concern. idk how the twitter api works if ur looking at incoming tweets.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I still think the credit card collector bot is the best

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
but how do you access the building?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

hubris.height posted:

because gently caress all of that

but it could be done.

what is the best language to use to make a youtube playlist out of a list of urls in a txt file

c# or java probably have libs for it already

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
you can just extract the binaries. u don't need it to be "installed"

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
u can edit you're eclipse.ini tot ell it where the java is instead of altering path. also you can click no on ask toolbar. you don't need to install it. but just use c#

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

weaponized bike

redundant

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
why would you shield the wifi? wouldn't that make it pointless?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

ol qwerty bastard posted:

current mars rover stop motion status:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Doc Block posted:

hmm, yes, let me develop my ios game on windows.

NOT
-borat

you still need a mac to develop for ios. lol

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

when i was about 12 I got a little 5mw laser pointer for my birthday (it was like the most amazing thing ever, they were still rare at the time and cost about $40, i saw it in the edmund scientific catalog which i would read for fun just to give you an idea of what kind of person young sagebrush was). i loved that thing. i took it to school and showed off to my friends and they were all A REAL LASER WHOA. then after school while we were playing with it, one of the kids who was kind of a hypochondriac got it shone on his face for a second. he freaked out and started hyperventilating and ran home and like an hour later his mom phoned my mom and got all up in her business about how DANGEROUS it was to let a CHILD have a LASER and HE MIGHT HAVE HURT MY BOY'S VISION FOR LIFE WE'LL NEVER KNOW!! and then i had a big sit down talking to all night and they said i could never take it to school again.

dumb kid. he also broke my radio controlled car.

Edmund scientific was rad as hell

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
set it up to close the windows if it starts raining

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Doc Block posted:

I have killed so many Kerbals in that game. But as a goon I now feel fully qualified to design and operate a multibillion-dollar spacecraft.

"ok guys, lets dig in and get this thing started! now where is the mechjeb module?"

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
yeah. it would be nice if they would build something into the game where once you completed a maneuver on your own enough times it unlocks the ability to have the game do it for you.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
there were some pretty dumb people who thought arm was gonna be a thing outside mobile because apple was using it for iphones. it was pretty lol.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
arm makes sense for a tablet like the surface rt but not for a computer.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Progressive JPEG posted:

not here it isn't

is that residential rates cause drat. also lol as hell if that commercial rates.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

So much money in the construction/infrastructure/"keep your stuff runnin" economy is straight lovely "oh no you'll catch it on fire i'm TRAINED in between meth jags let me do it" workfare

yeah unions suck rear end

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
we haven't had enough afternoon thunderstorms this summer

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

found ur problem

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

the esp8266 is bare C, no operating system involved

are you using EAP-TLS or something else? (lol use mschapv2)

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
ive never used mfc

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Luigi Thirty posted:

current Mac status: I dug an iMac G3/400 out of a recycle pile. 512MB of RAM, OS 9.1 on it. :toot:

unfortunately the CRT gets fuzzy once it's been on for a while and the slot-loading mechanism doesn't work :( I can't install OS X on it without a firewire DVD drive. G3 iMacs can't boot from USB drives and it's only got USB 1.1 anyway

the internet said you can try installing a big hard drive, partitioning it with a 4.7GB partition at the beginning of the drive, extracting the Tiger ISO to it, and use that to install. that's p complicated tho

there's another G3 iMac I'll rescue and see if that works any better

why are you playing with other people's trash?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
cause its the best language w/ the best web frameworks. picking imacs that were garbage when they were made out of the litterrall trash where people threw them away is pretty messed up

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
those things were the biggest pieces of poo poo ever

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

http://voterrollsmap.azurewebsites.net/Home/Contact

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Stereotype posted:

I tore down my ceiling

Then I sanded my floor

that is great. I would be super scared about doing the rest of the work on top of it tho.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
if its in their house they're paying for it. an hdhomerun device might be worth considering, but if you want to do cable card idk for how long it will remain a thing.

something you should look into is if your in-laws cable provider offers their own streaming app which you would log in to with their account creds.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
also is jeopardy not on broadcast tv?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
ahh. yeah an ota dvr would definitely be appropriate. are the STBs have DVR functionality as well, or are they just STB? I wonder if hdmi over ip would work over a vpn tunnel.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

haveblue posted:

it'll "work" in that the handshake will work but you're not stuffing broadcast tv down a 100mbps connection without heavy recompression

there are probably DVR type products that will let you pair one in your house with one in your inlaws' house and then stream the original MPEG4 signal (possibly after fooling them into believing they're on the same LAN)

well I was thinking the hdmi off the cable set top box.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
my parents are paying a ridiculous amount for their cable bill so I was looking at what directtvnow would cost and its not much cheaper for the channels they wanted and it doesn't have nesn so its basically useless.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Low-Pass Filter posted:

Thanks!

I've been trying to automate it with a RaspberryPi but working with audio on linux has been kind of a nightmare (surprise).

In the meantime, I have a windows laptop running that is automatically pulling images down as satellites pass overhead. Its generating composites like this now!

I've also got it saving all the passes to a webpage, with more detailed info on each image/pass.

very nice.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
maybe its easier to do cf to ata to usb than cf to ata? plus they behave like other removable usb storage

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

i don't figure the pager data is that critical

they're still used pretty widely in healthcare, tho its slowly changing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

it's pretty cut and dry. pagers have an 'expectation of privacy' just like the old analog cell networks, wireline phones and Usenet, even though anybody with rudimentary gear could get those transmissions/signals. the fact that pagers are insecure also means that they're simple, and messages get through when no other medium will do it. your average cell site has an output of a few dozen watts; a pager transmitter on a hospital site can break 400 watts because they HAVE to get critical pages through to doctors all the way down on the first floor, surrounded by 300 feet of concrete and rebar.

anyways yeah, you can POCSAG away, but sharing the contents of the transmissions with others is a no-no

one of our local hospitals switched to these wifi based phone/pager combos. they're like early 2000s nokia candy bar phone level of functionality