Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky

McBearson posted:

So now that 13 true ways is for-real out, will you guys be doing an advicecast kinda round-table discussion about it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
That image frightens me

McBearson
Apr 29, 2013

This bodes well.

HardHead
Nov 4, 2009

Bouncer, Hey bouncer.
That looks like the burger king's Vizier.

ikks
Sep 6, 2009

You can get anything you want at malice's restaurant
Sorry for the delay!

Session 45 finale: Red Fang Redemption

Session 45 Compiled

With one last great charge, the Elements manage to defeat the Red Fang's hired bruisers, scattering the crowds and capturing the dragonborn assassin in one of his own traps. Nav, overcome by wrath, tortures the assassin in excess. The party learns Nikud Adler, the Architect, hired him for this obscenely decadent plot-- but the party agrees with Audriel saved there is no time or need for revenge.

Music:

Enchanted Forest Act 2 (Castle of Illusion starring Mickey Mouse (2013))

Blaster Pals

Higher Tension (Metroid Prime 3)

Enchanted Forest Act 1 (Castle of Illusion starring Mickey Mouse (2013))

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I love how little emotion Margaret approaches everything with. She strikes me as someone who would have actually tried to think of a way to have two point three children.

Are we going to be kept abreast of things going on at the manor? There's quite a cast of characters there now, and they seem to have a fair range of duties.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Tenebrais posted:

Are we going to be kept abreast of things going on at the manor? There's quite a cast of characters there now, and they seem to have a fair range of duties.

Oh, don't you worry. We've engineered a system specifically to have them around MORE.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

The group needs to go tend to their Suikoden castle.

If Nav hadn't gnawed off the Red Fang's foot he probably would've joined :mad:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The Bella/Scarlet yoyo stunt was absolutely amazing. :allears:

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
I hope there's an mp3 of that ending.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

SyntheticPolygon posted:

The Bella/Scarlet yoyo stunt was absolutely amazing. :allears:

I'm glad someone appreciated it! This just goes to show the great things magic brings to our lives; including hurting people!

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

MelvinBison posted:

I hope there's an mp3 of that ending.

You can listen to it here, and he's also got most of the other boss themes from MGR:R as well.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky

Thylacinus posted:

I'm still a few sessions behind and just finished the battle of the bands. The battle is definitely up there in the list of my favorite moments this campaign. The thing that bothered me is that I have no idea what Grand Handsome feat. Metallic Orb sounds like. I had a bit of time, so this is the best I could come up with: Je Suis Metallic Orb. The Orb doesn't even really start until the second time the A section comes around. If nothing else, it was a fun way to spend an afternoon...

Hey everyone! Thylacinus made another song based on our adventures but hasn't dropped a link in this thread yet. I'm going to fix that right now! I hope you like awesome things: https://soundcloud.com/thylacinus-thylacine/lets-all-get-in-the-minecart

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

I support the idea of having pit traps within pit traps.

Honorific!
Jul 5, 2007

Well played, Goonsire!
Thylacinus if you see this, I think your fan-songs are awesome and I would like to put in a request that you make a chant of the high druid.

WolfShirt
May 8, 2007

Pretty pretty pony pony pretty pony pon pon
Greetings everyone, Ikks is having a few technical problems recently so the audio podcasts might take a little while to show up. In the mean time you can watch the entirely superfluous video recordings we have started!

LET'S PLAY 13th Age SESSION 46 - 1 Frolic with Fishermen

The collected nasties and ne’er-do-wells are clearing out of Disney’s Land, leaving our heroes without a ride. Fortunately, the Inland Sea is a bustling place and gnomes are always available to lend a hand, for a price. But wait, where’s Nav?

(In this session we kind of forget we're being recorded visually so there's not much map action or background building, though that quickly gets resolved in Session 47.)

WolfShirt fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jul 6, 2014

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Yay. It's back.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

The scene transitions were hilarious.

Honorific!
Jul 5, 2007

Well played, Goonsire!
The way Rip barters is he starts yelling, and pretty soon people are willing to pay him to stop.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

General Ironicus posted:

Hey everyone! Thylacinus made another song based on our adventures but hasn't dropped a link in this thread yet. I'm going to fix that right now! I hope you like awesome things: https://soundcloud.com/thylacinus-thylacine/lets-all-get-in-the-minecart

That song was pretty goo-

Why am I in a mine cart?

Thylacinus
Oct 22, 2012

Honorific! posted:

Thylacinus if you see this, I think your fan-songs are awesome and I would like to put in a request that you make a chant of the high druid.

Sounds like a challenge... I'm down; give me a few days. I'll try to make it an actual chant and not slide into lovely 90s alternarock, but I can make no guarantees.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Thylacinus posted:

...and not slide into lovely 90s alternarock, but I can make no guarantees.

Secretly this is what everyone wants all the time.

Thylacinus
Oct 22, 2012

Honorific! posted:

I would like to put in a request that you make a chant of the high druid.

Gregorian chants turned out to be a little too boring and I’m not nearly hardcore enough to do the full-on heavy metal chant as described in the session. I seem to remember someone joking that the chant was mainly just the repeated word “druid” over and over; I took that as my starting point. Here are two versions: Chant of the High Druid, and the alternate version.

Random blabber
Dec 14, 2013

Thylacinus posted:

Gregorian chants turned out to be a little too boring and I’m not nearly hardcore enough to do the full-on heavy metal chant as described in the session. I seem to remember someone joking that the chant was mainly just the repeated word “druid” over and over; I took that as my starting point. Here are two versions: Chant of the High Druid, and the alternate version.

:allears: this is magical

A Wooden Palisade
May 23, 2009

none of them want to fight me like you do

Thylacinus posted:

This is really good! Thanks dude, I'm lovin' all of these.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

Thylacinus posted:

They're both amazing, but I feel like the alternate version sounds more like a collaboration between Bella and Rip than the first.

Or maybe I'm underestimating Bella's ability to rock out, I dunno.

Honorific!
Jul 5, 2007

Well played, Goonsire!

Thylacinus posted:

You get a 3 point positive relationship with the high druid for these. I especially like the alternate version, it makes me think of a music box she had carved out of a branch of a sacred tree or something.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Or maybe I'm underestimating Bella's ability to rock out, I dunno.

She hits thing with a motherfucking hammer made of music. She also makes limbs made of noise.
Bella is loving metal.

WolfShirt
May 8, 2007

Pretty pretty pony pony pretty pony pon pon
LET'S PLAY 13th Age SESSION 46 - 2 Entering Equinox

After a series of adventures on the Midland Sea, the Rogue Elements reach Bella’s inherited realm. Equinox Manor is filled with the sounds of friends and family reunited (and Peppercorn’s grumbling) as steps are taken to turn it into a proper base of operations.

[Reminder that in this session we kind of forget we're being recorded visually so there's not much map action or background building, though that quickly gets resolved in Session 47.]

WolfShirt fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Jul 6, 2014

McGwee
May 1, 2012

Yes chair room! The most important room.

Garbonix
Oct 9, 2012
Having video again is nice. I also fell behind on counting so here the numbers are for 44-45.

Episode 44

Goodbyes: 12

Enchantments Layered: 20

2 killed by Might
7 mooks killed by Might

1 killed by Magic
1 mooks killed by Magic

Might total kills: 145
Magic total kills: 121.5

Episode 45

Viewer Count: 3.7 Million

Pun Damage to Listeners: 3d4+UUGGGHH

3 killed by Might 1 Pinned to the Wall
13 mooks killed by Might

2 killed by Magic
23 mooks killed by Magic

Might total kills: 154.5
Magic total kills: 135

Honorific!
Jul 5, 2007

Well played, Goonsire!
It feels unfair to compare might v magic kills with Nav gone.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Nav wasn't even gone yet!

ikks
Sep 6, 2009

You can get anything you want at malice's restaurant

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

God, Scarlett and Margaret are too in synch. It's horrible!!

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Drakkel posted:

God, Scarlett and Margaret are too in synch. It's horrible!!

They're both very serious ladies. My guess is that Scarlett secretly idolizes Margaret for her no-nonsense attitude.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

thetoughestbean posted:

They're both very serious ladies. My guess is that Scarlett secretly idolizes Margaret for her no-nonsense attitude.

Margaret's a very scary lady! Like the time she kept bringing up how effortlessly she could murder Scarlett while under mind control.

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
I never noticed Mint's thousand yard stare before now. Like he's the only one of the Rogue Elements to realize "oh god there's a fly that's bigger than me right behind us we're doomed." Or maybe he just remembered he left the stove on before he went to the Moon.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Thousand yard stares are very typical of sorcerers, I'd think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delimann
Oct 10, 2012
So does Nav being left out of the image indicate that he'll be out of the action for the foreseeable future? If so, is Ikks gonna have a different character to swap in like in the 4e thread? Unless the answer's some kind of spoilery secret, then just forget I said anything.

• Locked thread